[Temp Fix] How To Install Custom Maps!

• Wooo! Custom Content is here! The current Build of Chiv + Steam Workshop is broken, but me and my buddy Blaze from Games On Net managed to get it working 8-)

**Now someone make a mod to gimp those baldy archer cocks!
    oCv90pCK-fk

@CrustaceanSoup:

As of Tuesday evening, Valve appears to have introduced two new Workshop bugs

• old Steam clients are unable to use any Workshop features at all (aside from browsing the Workshop pages on the Steam website). Ensure your client is up-to-date by clicking the Steam menu at the top-right, then “Check for Steam Client Updates”

• As long as the Workshop is in “private” (not fully launched) status, you’re unable to download others’ Workshop files. You can download your own perfectly fine.

@User:

Some side notes:
    1. Make sure you are part of the Chivalry Workshop Group otherwise you couldn’t access the workshop for chivalry.
    2. Make sure you followed Yarnu’s tutorial, get the right steam path from your local machine and type in the command properly
    3. Workshop command is: “workshopusertool.exe -subscribedfiles

And if this worked for you, please post a reply and give your thanks and affirmation- so other folk would see it’s tested.

• Yesss! Way to go Yarnu, spread the word!
    Hope it will be fixed by TBS sooner than soon™ though.

• Cool that worked.

It would be nice to figure out who is in which custom map at any one time. Since of course the one I find there is nobody in it.

• you omitted you need to join the steam group to be able to view the workshop –> http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CMWWor … stingGroup

• Simpler and clearer way to do it, which also works for code-dependant mods.

Modder:

• Host your content on a mod portal/website, like Nexus.

Client:

• Download content from mod portal/website, like Nexus.

• If the package is a compressed .cmwsdk file, put it on CookedSDK/__CMWSDKFiles, else put it on CookedSDK.

• Run the game.

Don’t expect to see large numbers of people playing on custom content servers though, because this forum is not heavily frequented by players and most will not go through the trouble of reading/doing either process.

• @BlaZe:

you omitted you need to join the steam group to be able to view the workshop –> http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CMWWor … stingGroup

Oh wow, i was not aware of that. Thanks.

• Works perfect. Thanks.
    Now we need more maps and servers hosting them :D

• @User:

Works perfect. Thanks.
    Now we need more maps and servers hosting them :D

Well there’s 1. Out of all the servers.

Lol jaz. Ruining your intro.

• It’s worked perfectly Yarnu, thanks for the video.

I’ve checked out the few maps available an am really impressed. Can’t wait till some NA servers come out with custom maps.

Malev

• @Malev:

It’s worked perfectly Yarnu, thanks for the video.

I’ve checked out the few maps available an am really impressed. Can’t wait till some NA servers come out with custom maps.

Malev

I like how the only server up 24/7 that has custom maps is in Australia.

I bloody joined it once and everyone was speaking Spanish.

• @YarnuTheDog:

Now someone make a mod to gimp those baldy archer cocks!

Boooo!
    Good luck trying to gimp my Javelin!

But I’m stoked for these new map abilities. Let’s see more Moorlands. :-D

Baron Von Moorland

• Actually at the moment only custom maps work not mods that change the code so we couldn’t do that anyway.

I tried this but getting an error?

• @Dr:

Actually at the moment only custom maps work not mods that change the code so we couldn’t do that anyway.

I tried this but getting an error?

same here :(

• Yeah I’m getting that error but only with your maps Zob. Can’t play any of yours.

• Getting the same error with all maps

“Failed getting file details for fileID”

• Developer

As of Tuesday evening, Valve appears to have introduced two new Workshop bugs

• old Steam clients are unable to use any Workshop features at all (aside from browsing the Workshop pages on the Steam website). Ensure your client is up-to-date by clicking the Steam menu at the top-right, then “Check for Steam Client Updates”

• As long as the Workshop is in “private” (not fully launched) status, you’re unable to download others’ Workshop files. You can download your own perfectly fine.

They’re known, but there’s no ETA on a fix.

• my steam client is up to date and i cant see the beta workshop anymore. i also joined the beta workshop group and already downloaded some maps some days before

• @hitman123:

my steam client is up to date and i cant see the beta workshop anymore. i also joined the beta workshop group and already downloaded some maps some days before

Same for me. Can’t see it there anymore.

Malev

• Still can’t access the Workshop even though I’m in the Steam group. I could access it the other day though but for some reason it disappeared. Get on it TB!

@lemonater47:

Lol jaz. Ruining your intro.

It’s an art.

• FYI …

I had to do this once again to get chiv to recognize that I downloaded items from the workshop.
    Doing it in the workshop alone still wasn’t sufficient enough.

I don’t know if that’s just me, though.

Malev