Please bring back the metsubushi aoe knockback…

• Love the game, ninja is my favorite, but this last patch really lowered their viability since they are way squishy. It really changed the dynamic of how the ninja feels, which sucks because pre-update it was awesome.

I think the secret to how to balance it would be to actually make the knock back distance slightly farther, not much, but just far enough to where the ninja should have to be at the right distance to full sprint attack and just barely make the timing work. I noticed prior to this update that if you are too far away you will miss the staggered attack and the opponents survivability rate increased a lot.

A blowgun would be a cool ninja weapon, possibly with some added affect.

Other things…

Samurai’s beat everyone but Knights constantly.
    Viking’s shield throw is BS.
    Everyone hates Pirates, but they seem pretty balanced.

My 2 cents.

• 1 + For blowgun!! A POISON tippe’d weapon is what we need!!!
    A single shot blow gun, that say does 30 points of ticking dmg of poison, that we could shoot- wait on the poisons effects, and then hop on the target during it’s ending stages to get ourselves some kills.
    Very very much like that idea.

Also, pasting my ideas for Smoke/Metsu here aswell.

The Metsubushi, and the Smoke are 2 different objects that essentially do the same thing in different ways. When you use them, you’re essentially trying to achieve the same result, which is confusion.
    I know that people could say that the smoke is used to cover your retreat or advance, that’s how i use it, but - It is really not all that effective in it’s current state.
    An idea for fixing this, would be to combine the two tools into one, mechanically. The smoke bomb, now when thrown, does it’s normal effect–BUT–, to those that enter it/hit it, are affected by vision impairment which is given by the metsu mechanic we’re already familiar with(no stun).
    So the new smoke would have no stamina drain, but be pure visual impairment.
    Now, the metsu, I think should be given a more combat role.
    Give it the stun back, to simulate that moment where they’re forced to blink from the haze, keep it’s current stamina drain, and add decals on the floor where the powder falls to clearly mark the area that will effect the stam drain.

Malev

• The stun allowed the ninja to get free hits. And you had two of them.

• @lemonater47:

The stun allowed the ninja to get free hits. And you had two of them.

I personally don’t think that is a bad thing, considering you just got 2. 1 or 2 ‘free’ hits on a foolish opponent isn’t a bad thing at all.
    That opponent should know not to corner himself with a ninja.
    I think it’s perfectly fine that the metsu, 1v1 when spammed would be ‘Over powered’. Because even if the ninja got that 1 ‘overpowered’ kill, he’s effectively just signed his own death warrant having used both of his metsu’s for 1 moment against 1 opponent.
    Does it really bother people that ninja that rely on the stun metsu are most likely bad ninja-players and will possibly always go negative, or equal in terms of KD?
    (i.e. A group of ninja, should never use Metsu. Bad in Teamfights)

Metsu stun is not a bad thing. (maybe metsu stunning every single person it hits in a 5m radius is)
    I think people are overly-exaggerating when they speak of it being overpowered.

It may be overpowered in that one particular combat instance, for a few moments… but even then it wasn’t to hard to defend against and half the time the ninja just use it so poorly they stam drain themselves that in the Grand-scheme of the battle, and things themselves… Metsu isn’t op.

It’s just simply being used in it’s most ‘obvious’ mechanic. Which is spam… Teaching ninja players to use these items carefully is what is needed.

Malev

• Free hits are always bad.

• @HammelGammel:

Free hits are always bad.

When playing as a ninja in multi team deathmatch you’re screwed already. Ninja can’t fight on multiple enemies. Ninjas are fragile with 2 hits. So i really don’t see the problem.

• stun was shit, but I wouldn’t mind a flinch to know you hit them with the sand

• @BB:

stun was shit, but I wouldn’t mind a flinch to know you hit them with the sand

From your pocket?

• metsu stun free hit was one of the biggest crutches in the game and i am not surprised people want it back
    it should probably flinch though like BB said

• @kwazi:

metsu stun free hit was one of the biggest crutches in the game and i am not surprised people want it back
    it should probably flinch though like BB said

It does flinch. At least its supposed to.

• @lemonater47:

It does flinch. At least its supposed to.

only if you hit the enemy directly with the baggy you throw out
    it’d be nice if everyone got flinched though

• Increasing the knock back it would have solved the multiple free hit issue.

• @TemplarAsh:

Increasing the knock back it would have solved the multiple free hit issue.

not really, you wouldn’t be able to knock them back far enough to stop the Ninja from running up and hitting them

you can use the sand point blank too you know

why would you even want a stun at that point anyway?

• don’t forget metsu stun into pirate/ranged shot, gotta love it