[Duel] Winter

• Hello, I’ve put together a map over the last few hours. It’s rather simple and small, but atmospheric and follows the concept of the standard Duel maps. So here goes;

"Our latest victory has the remnants of the enemy’s force scattered and on the run. Scouts have spotted one of their champions trying to make way through the old mountain passage. His current campsite is adjacent to the ruins of our ancestors’ monument. Rid the holy place of this filth! Spill his blood in our gloried fathers’ name!

This still obviously needs plenty of work (more decoration props, LOD adjustments, a discreet way to block the playable area etc), but I’d be happy to hear your thoughts and ideas. If you want to give it a shot or otherwise help me feel free to add me on steam (my steam nick is mezhulol).
    Thanks!

• Wow, good job, looks really pretty with the godrays and everything but you will need to do something so the players don´t go wandering off into the woods and find the edge of the map, maybe something like in battlefield were you die if you leave the battlezone for too long?

• This is shaping up really nicely. You may want to consider replacing the materials on a lot of those stone objects with a deposit material. Examples of this can be found in Frigid on rock/wood meshes. It is using the deposit master material as a parent, which makes it display snow on whichever part of the object is facing upwards.

• Winter is coming.

• Looks great ;)

• @Lucas:

This is shaping up really nicely. You may want to consider replacing the materials on a lot of those stone objects with a deposit material. Examples of this can be found in Frigid on rock/wood meshes. It is using the deposit master material as a parent, which makes it display snow on whichever part of the object is facing upwards.

Thanks a lot for the advice, I was also thinking of replacing the material as it appears kind of grassy and doesn’t really fit.
    I had a weird week so I didn’t spend any more time working on this, but I definitely will when I get some spare time in the coming days.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words, they truly are a motivation.

• I replaced the original materials with more appropriate ones, and also placed player spawns and pathing blockers. The map definitely isn’t complete- it is, however, playable.
    Here’s the workshop page where you can download, rate and comment the map- feedback is more than welcome. Thanks and stay tuned!
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=193814800

• Although late, I uploaded a video of the map which you can watch here;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9-eIjbTKo4

• I forgot all about this map, it actually turned out really nice with its own unique atmosphere.
    (Shouldn’t have allowed bloody YouTube to “correct” your video though :P)