Peasants

• Hi, lots of people want me to put a “kill the peasants” objective into my map but after looking at all the different sequences in Stoneshill my brain hurts. Can I just use an actor factory to spawn NPC peasants and have them all run towards a single pathnode or does it have to be this complex?

• I would be fine with having them in a house or something where you can either burn the house down or go inside and kill them. Having them run around like on stonehill is a bit annoying in my opinion.

• Actually I’ve got it to work now, at least so they spawn and run around randomly. I also understand why there was so much code to make the peasants in Stoneshill do what they do: run to random locations, sometimes hide etc.

I’ll try to post a snippet of code to spawn a single peasant and detect when it’s killed here for anyone to use.

• What would be cool is fighting peasants. Like if they were bots running in a limited area and only attacking masons. Give them weak weapons and at least half their number and it could be nice.

• @Rayeon:

What would be cool is fighting peasants. Like if they were bots running in a limited area and only attacking masons. Give them weak weapons and at least half their number and it could be nice.

That would be awesome! I would suggest giving them hunting knives, hatchets and cudgels.

• @Vesanus:

@Rayeon:

What would be cool is fighting peasants. Like if they were bots running in a limited area and only attacking masons. Give them weak weapons and at least half their number and it could be nice.

That would be awesome! I would suggest giving them hunting knives, hatchets and cudgels.

I tried to do it and they glitched out, the weapon was either stuck in their back or crudely attached to the forearm and either way they didn’t use it.

I remember an early interview with Tibbs saying the peasants would fight back but they obviously dropped it before release. Some of the coding is there but it’s all bugged.