Sparta vs Pirates

• Sparta vs Pirates right now is so silly its absurd, Spartans charging into semi auto pistol fire made me laugh for the first 10 minutes…after that it started to sadden me.
    All that was nothing compared to the next match of ninja vs pirates which ended VERY badly for the ninjas…I’m not quite sure how to feel about pirates anymore -_-

• Well both the blunderbuss and pistole are bugged.

Pistole being semi automatic and blunderbuss dealing almost twice the amount of damage it should be dealing against shields.

Knights vs pirates we had today knights won. The ninjas vs pirates game we had today it was pretty even but in the end pirates won about 56-60. Knights vs pirates was something like 60-35. And that game it was even ninjas vs pirates the pirates had more players.

Once they actually fix the guns we can how they actually perform.

• Duh we lose. You can’t do the traditional charging in tactic because Tornbanner had the bright idea of making bullets go through your shield. Spartans should not be facing Pirates head on with their shield up rushing in, it’s ineffective. Even when the damage for a shield up is fixed, it won’t matter. You will be hit and knocked back/flinched.

TL;DR - Tornbanner made archery even gayer.

• @Khyy:

Duh we lose. You can’t do the traditional charging in tactic because Tornbanner had the bright idea of making bullets go through your shield. Spartans should not be facing Pirates head on with their shield up rushing in, it’s ineffective. Even when the damage for a shield up is fixed, it won’t matter. You will be hit and knocked back/flinched.

So 20 damage from pistoles and max 38 damage (when they fix the blunderbuss) from the blunderbuss against a spartan shield makes it impossible to charge?

Even less damage is dealt against Viking and knight shields.

Guns also need to make more smoke. It’ll look cool and nerf pirates viability. They also need to add the pan stage of reloading for starters its realism. Gun should actually work without that stage done. And depending on how the animation does it it could slow down reloading by about 2-3 seconds.

He could open the pan with one hand and grab the ammo with his other hand then pour a bit of the powder from the cartridge out into the pan then close it and tilt the gun at the same time and carry on wit the rest of the reload.

Similar for the pistole.

• @Terminally:

Sparta vs Pirates right now is so silly its absurd, Spartans charging into semi auto pistol fire made me laugh for the first 10 minutes…after that it started to sadden me.
    All that was nothing compared to the next match of ninja vs pirates which ended VERY badly for the ninjas…I’m not quite sure how to feel about pirates anymore -_-

anything vs pirates is silly.

• @lemonater47:

@Khyy:

Duh we lose. You can’t do the traditional charging in tactic because Tornbanner had the bright idea of making bullets go through your shield. Spartans should not be facing Pirates head on with their shield up rushing in, it’s ineffective. Even when the damage for a shield up is fixed, it won’t matter. You will be hit and knocked back/flinched.

So 20 damage from pistoles and max 38 damage (when they fix the blunderbuss) from the blunderbuss against a spartan shield makes it impossible to charge?

Even less damage is dealt against Viking and knight shields.

Guns also need to make more smoke. It’ll look cool and nerf pirates viability. They also need to add the pan stage of reloading for starters its realism. Gun should actually work without that stage done. And depending on how the animation does it it could slow down reloading by about 2-3 seconds.

He could open the pan with one hand and grab the ammo with his other hand then pour a bit of the powder from the cartridge out into the pan then close it and tilt the gun at the same time and carry on wit the rest of the reload.

Similar for the pistole.

Constructive suggestions. No sarcasm at all. I’d still rather have them be blockable where aimed. Just like every other projectile they should have to be aimed at open spots, not just a person. That is true skill. Every other projectile requires it, why shouldn’t guns?

And don’t give me the realism stuff please. This game is far from realistic.

• i noticed that pirates are rather weak when only 1-5 people are on their team but once people start stacking pirates and theres 10+ pirates they get absolutely ridicoulus

• @CRUSHED:

i noticed that pirates are rather weak when only 1-5 people are on their team but once people start stacking pirates and theres 10+ pirates they get absolutely ridicoulus

That’s where autobalance comes in.

Problem is its disabled by default and horribly broken anyway.

• @lemonater47:

Cool story bro

• @CRUSHED:

@lemonater47:

Cool story bro

I have plenty more.

• @lemonater47:

@CRUSHED:

i noticed that pirates are rather weak when only 1-5 people are on their team but once people start stacking pirates and theres 10+ pirates they get absolutely ridicoulus

Really hard to get the feel of how balanced a game is when you never have even teams on pub servers and there are always a bunch of people who choose one class or team (nothing wrong with that but it gets kinda old)

• @Terminally:

@lemonater47:

@CRUSHED:

Really hard to get the feel of how balanced a game is when you never have even teams on pub servers and there are always a bunch of people who choose one class or team (nothing wrong with that but it gets kinda old)

Not for class selection. I would hate to be forced into being a class I don’t play. Inb4 “go to a different server”.

• Today I had equal teams pirates vs ninja’s the pirates won but not that big a difference, they could however easily have won if the stuck together which they didn’t. a large group of pirates can just deal so much damage that its almost impossible to get past, especially when using the class with the least health next to the pirate.

• @qlum:

Today I had equal teams pirates vs ninja’s the pirates won but not that big a difference, they could however easily have won if the stuck together which they didn’t. a large group of pirates can just deal so much damage that its almost impossible to get past, especially when using the class with the least health next to the pirate.

Spamming smoke has some effect. They all fire blindly into the smoke. Though you need about 8 smoke pots.

• dory throw will 1 shot pirates, use it.