HIALGO SWITCH - on the fly FPS booster.

• In my never ending quest to get Chiv to play fast and smooth, I found this program that will reduce your game resolution seamlessly on the fly for a very nice FPS boost. This is really great in heavy combat. Here is the kicker. It really only works well on systems that are capable of running at full graphics.

The program is simple. You run it then run your game. It will ask you if you want to use it with Chiv, say yes. Then Play. You turn it on and off with the F10 button so you may have to rebind “Party Party Party”.

It will increase your FPS by altering the resolution settings to 50% lower. So that if you like playing with full GFX but lag in heavy combat, this will help a lot. I have tested it and it works great. One word of caution. It uses injection to change things on the fly. There is a very slight chance that it will trigger the VAC according to the FAQ but so far I have not had an issue. Yes it is a skyrim mod but it actually works for most games.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/41549//?

• Well, that’s kind of neat. Too bad I can’t stand low resolution. :P
    I’d rather just turn down my graphics settings, but since that barely affects framerate in this game, I might give that mod a try.
    Is it hard to uninstall?

• @B4RK:

Well, that’s kind of neat. Too bad I can’t stand low resolution. :P
    I’d rather just turn down my graphics settings, but since that barely affects framerate in this game, I might give that mod a try.
    Is it hard to uninstall?

It is not really low resolution. What is does is cut some of the games internal GFX settings in half and you will not really notice a difference. But when I tested it with STATS FPS in console, with the mod turned on I was getting around 30FPS. When I hit the switch, my FPS went to 60FPS with virtually no difference in image quality. I think saying it changes the resolution is not really the case, it just makes internal tweaks for up to a 50% boost in FPS.

There is really no uninstall as it really doesn’t install. It is a small side program. You run it before you start the game and close it when you are done. To uninstall, just delete the program.

• Oh. That sounds splendid.
    Gonna try it out, thanks for posting!

• AVG thinks its a virus.

But it works. I’m no longer getting 25 FPS on dark forest.

• @lemonater47:

AVG thinks its a virus.

But it works. I’m no longer getting 25 FPS on dark forest.

This is because it uses an injection method to get into the game for the switch to work.

• I have posted up on Hialgo’s facebook requesting them to port their other booster for Chiv, Hit them up on facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/HiAlgoBoost?ref=stream