The worst thing about this game

• It isn’t hittrades.
    It’s not the flinch that seems to work at random.
    Not the fact there’s no TO. (Even though that’s pretty bad)
    Neither is it the lack of CFTP or panic-parry. (Even though that’s pretty bad aswell)
    And it’s not the high amount of teamdamage that comes from not being able to cancel your attacks.
    (Feel free to add to this list.)

It’s ranged combat. Whenever I’m in a teamgame random s*** just comes flying from every f****** angle, and it gets old real fast.

I can play a gamemode that isn’t dueling for about 5-10 min before I get pissed off and quit the game.

Fix your s*** TB, why in the world did you give crossbows and bows to Samurai and Knight, and why oh why did you remove the need to switch to thrown weapon before you can throw them? Seriously you almost had it right in CMW, the amount of projectiles were bad obviously but you could go to a no-archer server and it was beautiful.
    Even normal servers without archer limits weren’t too bad, because for the most part you could hide/avoid arrows. But in this new game with these open maps……

I’m not even going to mention the Pirate, I think we know the general opinion on that topic.

/rant over

• DON’T DOUBT TORN BANNER INC.

• I’m currently having more fun with DW than MW. :P
    But yeah, I can totally see where you’re coming from. I guess I just don’t find it as problematic, since I don’t have any trouble avoiding most projectiles. Besides, they’re rolling out smaller maps. (Soon, I hope)

• The funnest part of this game is killing the pirates.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

DON’T DOUBT TORN BANNER INC.

Hahaha :D Spot on.

@B4RK:

I’m currently having more fun with DW than MW. :P

Yes, so am I. But I really want this game to become great, but in the current state it’s just not.

@B4RK:

since I don’t have any trouble avoiding most projectiles

Lies :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … AQBbc#t=59

@B4RK:

they’re rolling out smaller maps.

They are already here, and sadly it just added to the randomness

• @lemonater47:

The funnest part of this game is killing the pirates.

Agreed however the most rage inducing part is getting one hit killed by a pirate pistol from across the map…

• @Sir_Henric:

@lemonater47:

The funnest part of this game is killing the pirates.

Agreed however the most rage inducing part is getting one hit killed by a pirate pistol from across the map…

And even more not being able to get to them because you will give them a free hit, everytime you are close and in line of sight.
    No fun

• whole range aspect (you have to be fucking retarded to make range this much dominant with such a good melee combat)

hit trades ALL DAY, some weapons dont even have windups

big lack of player control

bubble STILL there when there is no rational reason to have it

flinch not working

multiplay official servers cause of greed

horrible design decisions (blunderbuss, making weapons faster instead a bit slower and more damage, spear combos)

retarded bugs coming new (keybinding, server browser filtering broken, wierd graphic bugs with DoF)

unless some big changes will happen (which i doubt) i came to the conclusion that DW is fucking awful and i wasted my money :(

cant even refund or chargeback because my account gets frozen

• @CRUSHED:

whole range aspect (you have to be fucking retarded to make range this much dominant with such a good melee combat)

flinch not working

horrible design decisions (blunderbuss, making weapons faster instead a bit slower and more damage, spear combos)

retarded bugs coming new (keybinding, server browser filtering broken, wierd graphic bugs with DoF)

unless some big changes will happen (which i doubt) i came to the conclusion that DW is fucking awful and i wasted my money :(

Spears with combo feints are pretty brutal, at least the yari got toned down a bit.

• @CRUSHED:

whole range aspect (you have to be fucking retarded to make range this much dominant with such a good melee combat)

flinch not working

Spot-on.

Edit: Minus the part about buying it. I’ll still play it, but my main game is still gonna be C:MW and the potential that the sdk has. Sadly, C:MW in it’s current state is still a better competitive platform than DW. That’s just my opinion regarding the potential of competitive play in DW vs. C:MW; and many longtime C:MW players that I’ve talked to share the same opinion. DW has potential, but it’s going to be a balancing nightmare.

• I think DW is by far better for competitive play because even with all these flaws, the higher speed is great and raises the skill ceiling alot

CMW is pretty bleh nowadays, you can boost your skill by playing MaA or using certain setups and the slow speed makes it pretty retarded after playing DW, atleast for me.

• @CRUSHED:

I think DW is by far better for competitive play because even with all these flaws, the higher speed is great and raises the skill ceiling alot

CMW is pretty bleh nowadays, you can boost your skill by playing MaA or using certain setups and the slow speed makes it pretty retarded after playing DW, atleast for me.

Well, that’s def true. Sigh…dat July patch… :(

• The problem I have with DW is that even though the combat is faster paced, it feels “floaty”. It’s one big hit-trade-slash-fest. Oh yeah, and throw in a shit ton of ranged combat :| Don’t get me wrong, it’s still fun for sure though, but I definitely wouldn’t compare it to C:MW pre-July patch.

• well pre july patch CMW was something completely on another level lol

yeah i know what u mean, its because of lack of player control and low windups/ flinch is broken

• Guys im sure torn banner will fix ranged combat but don’t use trash words,it shows how immature and ungrounded you are.
    I agree that ranged combat need to be fixed in a way that is harder to hit enemies,bu still deals considerable damage,samurai bows right now are very balanced,low ammo,low-medium range,and low to medium damage,impossible to play as bow user as main with samurai.
    The viking shield throw is very imba if you don’t stop him before picking it up,still i think the damage done by the shield needs very low dmg.
    Crossbows are totally fine considering you have only 5 ammo,it’s not like you can spam with it.
    Pirates ranged weapons are hard hitting and at the same time easy to aim to,imo adding a slower bullet speed it’s great since when standing the pistol becomes less accurate,maybe even reducing the damage and making the class more viable in close combat.
    The ninjas ranged attacks are fine since you can parry them.
    Spartan it’s fine,but getting hit while reloading needs to stop the animation and make you flinch and being albe to parry imo,right now you can just stand and die.
    The problem with ranged weapons is in team deathmatch where people respawn fast and spam ranged and when there are a wall of pirates it’s nearly impossible to get in without getting hit.

• The whole game.

Torn Banner I sincerely hope that you fail as a gaming company. 12 year old coders would do your job better…

Too bad refund is not available… Disgusted

ktnxbai

• @Aztecoatl:

The whole game.

Torn Banner I sincerely hope that you fail as a gaming company. 12 year old coders would do your job better…

ktnxbai

Wouldn’t go that far, but right now in it’s current state, game is complete shit.

• @Aztecoatl:

The whole game.

ktnxbai

It is in beta. You paid $15 for a game that hasn’t even been finished yet. I think it’s a bit early to be jumping to such extremes :/

• @lejosh:

@Aztecoatl:

The whole game.

ktnxbai

It is in beta. You paid $15 for a game that hasn’t even been finished yet. I think it’s a bit early to be jumping to such extremes :/

A beta that is very close to be realeased though.

• @Aztecoatl:

The whole game.

ktnxbai

There are people who actually are this mad over a 15$ game. (Beta)