Could be a great game

• Hi
    I’m not a regular on this forum, but i thought that i had to share my opinion about this game. I bet it has been mentioned a hundred times on the forum, but this weapons unlock bug is crippling my gaming experience. This is a really good game, with some really great features. But. This weapon unlock bug is just destroying the experience for the people, who would really like to explore some of the other weapons etc. It cannot be, that a bug like this has not been fixed yet! It is killing the experience of a really good game, and i for one feels a bit cheated when i buy a product, with such a great fault.

• How many times have they said they fixed this issue?

• Oh yeah, it could have been a great game. I dare say it was a decent game at launch with the potential to become a great game once the major bugs and issues were worked out. It didn’t seem like such a huge problem at the time, I mean most games have issues at launch and this was their first actual game release, so most people, me included, were willing to overlook the rather shabby state the game was released in. Provided they came true on their promises to fix it.

Cut to roughly one year later, which is now. The game runs worse than ever, especially after the last patch. The optimization has been steadily worsened with damn near every patch, instead of improved. The weapon balance has been squandered by absurd examples like the bearded axe or the claymore. One of the major issues complained about here in the forums (the facehugging) was “fixed” by what must be the most absurd mechanic ever introduced to the game- the bubble, which has completely fucked up hitboxes and removed any ability to judge distance properly. Which WAS fine at launch, I might add. Also, that same bubble has also impaired the freedom of movement as right now you can get stuck between players and objects, even if you clearly have room to move. Speaking of getting stuck, the maps still have a large number of broken spots that can get your character stuck, at least for a brief moment, which often costs you your life. They have been there since launch. Absolutely nothing has been done to address that.

In conclusion: yes, it had the potential to be a great game, but Torn Banner have dropped the ball. I used to defend them, when others voiced their concerns, but I won’t anymore. The last patch was the last straw. I no longer believe in their ability to resolve these issues. Whenever they fix something, they end up breaking something else. It’s been a year. There’s no excuse for all the aforementioned issues still being there. And now they’re working on an expansion, which will expand upon a broken base game. Seeing how these issues are universal, the expansion will also be plagued by them. And I no longer have confidence that Torn Banner wants to, or knows how to resolve them.

…god I needed that rant.

TL/DR: You are absolutely right, only there are far more reasons that just the issue you’ve mentioned.

• I think I got into the game around this time last year and was dealing with the same bug back then.

• I signed up for the forums to just to put my 2 cents.

I’ve played the game over 70 hours and I think I was fortunate enough to unlock a lot of the weapons for the classes I like to play (knight/vanguard), because now its pretty much impossible to consistently unlock weapons. Yes, i’ve tried the False/false .ini fix but it only worked on the first server I tried it on and my unlocks went down the drain the next game I played.

I love the combat and graphics in this game but its completely unfair to newer players (and myself, I want to unlock archer stuff) and it’s pretty unnacceptable to have MAJOR bugs for months and months and not fix them (unless of course, its IMPOSSIBLE to fix them).

I will be getting deadliest warrior because I like the concept and chivalry is generally a good game, it just has too many bugs, something that really needs to be addressed by the people taking our money.

• so true my friends so true.

i was amazed at the fact they were gonna start somthing else when this game has been in shambles for over 6 months now like all of you just said, and sadly yes the unlock bug is somthing that should be the upmost proiority and trump the nerfest warior as well

how can they expect any new players to take their word on anything expecially when they cme on here and see that bug has been in the game for a year and still not fixed regardless of how may times we’ve been lied to and tolden it was fixed.

good job putting yalls 2 cents in, exactly what we need more new people coming on here backing up what we have been telling them for a year now, fix the game already its dam near beta like still!

these major bugs are just unnaceptable by todays gaming standards, and they are gonna be the straw that broke the camels back if the appropriate actions arent taken soon.

• Well when some multi million dollar company comes up to you offering very large sums of money not to mention revenue what would you do.

I doubt you would turn them away.

• Of course not.
    Then take that revenue and put it to use already, no?
    Communication about where things stand regarding the problem would go a long way as well.
    No fix with the bug and no communication about the bug (that I’ve seen in my relatively short time here) is pretty much writing on the wall.
    Dont expect the bug to be fixed.
    And instead of removing/replacing/fixing or even communicating …all they’re doing is making Torn Banner look bad!!
    GAH!!!

• well,
    the first thing i would do is hire some 1 or multiple people capable of properly testing an patching the game and fixing the base game before bringing the same problems into something else Lemon, that would be the smartest and best looking buisness strategy if you want to get technical about it brotha.

• @WARSAW:

well,
    the first thing i would do is hire some 1 or multiple people capable of properly testing an patching the game and fixing the base game before bringing the same problems into something else Lemon, that would be the smartest and best looking buisness strategy if you want to get technical about it brotha.

What if no one takes those jobs. You say you have ppenings but you don’t get those positions filled. Skilled people don’t materialise out of thin air.

But sure your right. They should of at least tried to hire people.

Oh wait.

They did.

They have positions open including senior programming positions so if you qualify your more than welcome to send your resume into torn banner.

• and i dont blame any one for not taking the job honestly, i mean would you want this mess on your plate or resume?

i doubt any one wants to put their name on this, the base game is so far gone at this point i doubt it is even fixable at this point , even if it is im sure we’ll get the same excuses others have used, well their not making any more money off this game so why should they fix it, blah bah blah.

see where that gets you though too, good luck with that approach.

you could also look at it like this though too, maybe if it wasnt still beta quaility after a year of being out it might still be a hot comodity and it might still be making them some money or if it wasnt nerfed till literally broken and only 10 out of a 1000 bugs fixed.

but hey keep rolling out patches that break everyones ranks and unlocks and keep changing the color of your flag on the start page and changing the intro wasting resources on that instead of fixing the broken game, and see how popular it stays, eveyone has just about had it with these type of shananagans.

just a thought not a sermon.

Lemon wrote:

They have positions open including senior programming positions so if you qualify your more than welcome to send your resume into torn banner.

lol thats a good one bro, and you know they would burn it anyway, plus i have already offered solutions/fixes to fix every dam bug/glitch or gamebreaking thing wrong in the game for free!
    and
    you know what they say, you can lead a horse to water but you cant make them drink! :D

• But have you tested these solutions and fixes?

And anyway most games these days are coming out buggy. These massive titles. I don’t remember when the last game I bought have a very small amount of bugs that were mainly unnoticeable.

And chivalry medieval isn’t a horrible game in the gaming industry. And for an indie company its pretty impressive nonetheless.

• I totally agree. I loved this from launch, was into age of chivalry before for ages. Used to be awesome, now is not due to the changes mentioned time and again on these forums. Oh well! I think I’d not buy another TB game, which is a shame.

• alot of them are just common sense
    the bubble, the flinch, the stam drains are the cause and
    most of the time deaths happen from unfair or ridicolous mechanics in the game, slowing down the combat and sapping the fun right out of it.

others need to be tested,but i have a knack for this stuff man and i know in moderation it would make the game way better.

i didnt say it was horrible, i said it was beta like still, keep in mind none of my vet helms worked till i was level 53 Lemonator, and do you think at lvl 55, blocking 2 or 3 times and getting random stun dazed and killed is fun, or should even happen but like 1 in a million times.

and yes for an indie company its very awesome what they have done, no one ele has been able to put this concept together in a way that they have, truly amazing.
    and who ever did the sound bytes etc is a real asset to them thats for sure.

however, the execution is turning out to be way less than it could and should be,
    and i wish this wasnt the case, there is so much more to be done with chivalry.

other games have bugs that get fixed and patches that work and dont break the ranking system, dont act like all games have ridicolous bugs still in them like this one does aftera year of being out.

back on topic,
    this could be a truly a great game with some much needed polishing,we know it,you know it(Lemon) and
    they know it.

• @lemonater47:

Well when some multi million dollar company comes up to you offering very large sums of money not to mention revenue what would you do.

Are you saying they took an offer because it included very large sums of money? Whether you are, it may be the case. But, this doesn’t mean complaints about issues with the game aren’t legitimate.

Making money isn’t an excuse to put elephant *** up a customer’s bum, it’s just the reason.

• @dpunk:

@lemonater47:

Well when some multi million dollar company comes up to you offering very large sums of money not to mention revenue what would you do.

Are you saying they took an offer because it included very large sums of money? Whether you are, it may be the case. But, this doesn’t mean complaints about issues with the game aren’t legitimate.

Making money isn’t an excuse to put elephant *** up a customer’s bum, it’s just the reason.

We’ll they aren’t a very big team. Even then they split in two groups one doing the SDK the other doing deadliest warrior.

We’ll probably have to wait till the end of the year before we see anything done to MW.

• big team or not they are in a big world and playing with the big boys, its time to step up, put up or shut up!

and the size of ones team shouldnt sacrafice any of its works quality, and if it does then focus on less so you can do more.

i work with a small team building decks an sunrooms and 2 or 3 of us manage to pump out a fantastic looking deck and great quality in 2 or 3 days dude,

so whats your next excuse for them Lemon…?

edit:
    if its such a great game then why this morning when i go to play were all my settings were reset yet again, bs like this Lemon is why this game wont go above beta status ever unless this kind of unaceptable crap is fixed, bad enough when you die sometimes the game randomly changes your perspective from 1st to 3rd, but i have to set up all my settings again because they cant even get that right, comon bro.

beta quality she is and will stay untill a worthy product is released!
    plain and simple, this stuff is just unacceptable after a year of being out.

• Yes a deck is a tad more simple than a video game. Where I’m from people build their own decks. Who hires people to renovate.

• where im from people release working games, not beta testing that runs a year long brotha.
    who releases a game, improperly tested and then relies on the public to fix it for them?

as far as people building their own decks goes, lol
    thats the reason the code enforcment is so tight, from people building their own decks and them falling down or apart. :D

if you want it done right, you hire a profesional my friend, which is what they should do!
    from the looks of things they really need some people who know what they are doing, and not the rag tag just release it crew, thats like having a balance council, that doesnt balance anything, whew what a waste of time, effort and hope that was.

• Warsaw w pe?ni si? zgadzam. Warsaw is 100% right

They need to fix the main game first, and later think about an expansion… WTF? I love this game but MW is full of bugs, a lot weapons are OP and many other stuff that needs to be done. Is it so hard to do from the team who now everything about the code of thei game? I don’t think so…

Lesser and lesser people play, it seems like they are tired of the bugs and glitches too.

I hope it will be done something with even 50% of glitches and bugs. Game is a lot of fun, but freaking MAA spam and facehugging draws me crazy