[SERVER UP] Need Testers!

• Hi everyone,

We are trying to offer higher player count server support for Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior. As such, we want to get some testing done on one of our servers. So if as many people as possible could join, that would be greatly appreciated. This is a 64-slot server.

Server info: Revenge of the Crabs

Ip: 184.173.185.125:9200

(in console: open 184.173.185.125:9200)

Thank you!

• on my way!

• does this fix any of the major problems that comes with all of your servers?
    -high player count = high ping
    -autobalance never on
    -buggy map votes always VS Ninja

• on it for 5 minutes and then it starts dying
    there was only 10 people on it

• Yeah on multiplay its gonna die horribly.

We got 50 on once on a 50 slot server and the ping was fine. Everyone under 100 mostly.

Problem is both the 64 player server we have are in Western Australia. No idea why. Just add another 3000KM to the distance between the server and you.

• @BB:

on it for 5 minutes and then it starts dying

looks fine now, but I was the only one on it.

• @gregcau:

@BB:

on it for 5 minutes and then it starts dying

looks fine now, but I was the only one on it.

lol it’s empty

• Yeah we got up to 45 people on it, then we had a crash. Just wait for now while we get things fixed. Locking this until it opens up again.

Thanks, appreciate it!

• Server fixed and back up. Please go ahead and join with the same info as in the first post.

Thanks!

• will come on within 40 mins hope someone is there then

• On it

• I got an idea.

How about remove that 20 slot AUS official server for the time being. People seem to join it becuase it says official on it. Problem is it takes 20 people away when they could all be playing on a 50-64 slot server.

• My isp is Century Link: So, on this server I’ll likely never go below 100 ping.
    Even though, it’s absolutely rare that I ever do on any server.

The 3 team stuff is cool. Spawns seem nice, I personally think 64 players is just a crazy amount of people for this game. My system performance been steadily declining with each patch introduced to base chiv. Would prefer 30 tops, even 32 can be too much.
    Or with multi team servers, why not make even amount of slots? 25 man server sounds pretty cool with 5 teams running around.

At this point my system runs DW much much better than MW.

LTS is a fun game mode, but the map design in the game encourages behavior that do not aid the gameplay mode. If you guys want LTS to be a prominent feature of your official maps… I could beg endlessly for a more focus LTS map design, similar to the Duel Maps from MW. Make it in your face team battle…

TDM is alright… but with multi team stuff we need more than just TDM, LTS.
    We need a moving king of the hill mode, or vip style game.
    Bottom line, is we need modes that encourage players to play like a team, even just in pugs.

Malev

• OMW!!!

• Well, i was going to bring all my friends there, but its alittle hard when someone gets mad at how i play and decides to vote kick me and half my friends. Yet they dont want to vote kick someone abusing the semi-auto pistol glitch. So i will get back on the server with my friends when the children get off.

• @lemonater47:

I got an idea.

How about remove that 20 slot AUS official server for the time being. People seem to join it becuase it says official on it. Problem is it takes 20 people away when they could all be playing on a 50-64 slot server.

No, I would rather join the 20 slot server than the 50+ lagfest server, thanks.

• @Wolf.:

@lemonater47:

I got an idea.

No, I would rather join the 20 slot server than the 50+ lagfest server, thanks.

For testing.

It wouldn’t be a lagfest if they had a bloody ping kick. I mean they run fine with everyone under 100 ping more or less if we kick all those with 200+.

And its not fun as admin kicking everyone. Especially when the scoreboard doesn’t actuaply fit everyone so you can actually see everyone on the server and you don’t know who has high ping.

In game admin support is needed and needs to be a prioety. Not some 3rd party bullshit that doesn’t work. Hell by the looks of things the official servers don’t even have the RCON.

Something as small as a ping kick should be a server config.

Hell banning people for a set amount of time doesn’t even work. Its still either a permanent ban Or kick.

You global admins should be complaining about this too. If they’re even on. They hardly seem to be. So I suppose they won’t be complaining about it as they hardly play.

• @lemonater47:

Hell banning people for a set amount of time doesn’t even work. Its still either a permanent ban Or kick.

But… we use timed bans for most bans we place… o.O

• @BlaZe:

@lemonater47:

But… we use timed bans for most bans we place… o.O

Well when I ban someone for 300 seconds and they join immediately after they are kicked I don’t think its working.

Done via console.

Confirmban 0 300

Unless you have to specify a reason.

• Hey guys, we’ve got the server up again as we need testing done. Let’s fill it up to max!

Now that you can sort the browser again, just search by name and it will be a lot easier to find.

Thanks and have fun!