Failed to Start Game (Missing Executable) [SOLVED]

• Hello, I get the same error message. I bought “$29.99 - Medieval Warfare + Deadliest Warrior Expansion Pack” from the Humble store. While the Deadliest Warrior Beta runs great, the base game does not.

Trying to play “Chivalry: Medieval Warfare” and “Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Beta” both return the “Failed to start game (missing executable)” error message. I found out that the UE3Redist.exe is missing, and in fact in the “chivalrymedievalwarfare” directory, nothing but a “_CommonRedist” folder exists - steam only downloaded 164MB of data. It contains the following exe files:

• dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe
    • DXSETUP.exe
    • vcredist_x86.exe
    • vcredist_x64.exe

I ran everything in it, as per these suggestions. For the “chivalrymedievalwarfarebeta” directory, the only exe files are:

• ALPHA.exe
    • dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe
    • DXSETUP.exe
    • vcredist_x86.exe
    • vcredist_x64.exe

As I said, I ran all of those files, and the UE3Redist.exe is missing. The “ALPHA.exe” file runs the Deadliest Warrior Beta, which does work. Again, the problem is that vanilla Chivalry (Chivalry: Medieval Warfare) does not work.

I have tried everything I could find online. I started here, and when none of that worked I filed a ticket with steam, who sent me to this page. I tried everything listed everywhere, including removing and re-installing the games numerous times, Microsoft net framework, and steam itself. I even removed all my games from steam. I turned off AVG, I ran steam as admin, I’ve opted into all the different types of beta, I’ve verified integrity of game cache, I’ve deleted the “appcache” directory from steam, I’ve restarted my computer… I have tried everything I could think of.

• Sounds to me you haven’t verified your chivalry: medieval warfare key. Once you do that it will then download the game. I had a similar problem.

• @lemonater47:

Sounds to me you haven’t verified your chivalry: medieval warfare key. Once you do that it will then download the game. I had a similar problem.

I don’t think so, It seemed to verify the key and process just fine, it wouldn’t install the necessary files. Then today it just… spontaneously started downloading, all by itself, as an update. I played a few hours with my friend and everything. Can’t say I’m complaining, but it was annoying while it lasted. Hmm.

Well, I guess you can shut this thread down then. I suppose anyone with the same problem just has to wait for the next update - ?