How can this ever be balanced?

• I spent only 3 hours playing this, I got it as a gift, I wish I could somehow get my friend a refund, but it’s not allowed for games without a true fault.(Not enjoying it is not enough to get a refund.)

I knew it was going to be silly, based off the premise. And I know it’s beta - but it’s also due out in less than two weeks. Unless almost everything completely changes, I can see you tossing aside all the goodwill you’ve gotten from the community.

Trying to balance such varied, and different teams, is nuts. Pirates reload insanely fast for the easy 1-hit kills they can get. The melee combat uses the same animations from Chivalry, even for stuff like Samurai and Vikings, completely different fighting styles. The range is insane. The game is COMPLETELY DOMINATED by range attacks. Historically accurate, perhaps, the one thing in the game that is, but it’s frustrating because I came here to play a medieval game.

I didn’t expect any great sense of balance, given the almost comedic nature of this expansion…but I expected you would at least try.

Watching a Viking chuck his shield at me, over and over as I try to close the distance, is just dumb. Blockable, but dumb. Watching as a Ninja comes in and just hugs you so close and constantly fast attacks, so that you can’t get a real swing off, due to hit stun(Terrible mechanic, by the way.)

I doubt even balance masters like Blizzard, with as many years of balance as StarCraft has, could ever actually get this to a balanced stance.

• Yeah pirates are retarded. Think I’m gonna switch my map rotation, make it locked 5 teams, all classes except for pirates. Rename my server to No Country for Pirates.

• @Hitom:

Yeah pirates are retarded. Think I’m gonna switch my map rotation, make it locked 5 teams, all classes except for pirates. Rename my server to No Country for Pirates.

Wish you could just lock out their guns. As a melee class, they’re quite fun. Play similar to ninja, but with fire rum and a shank.

• I personal like running down a group of pirates.

More and more people are obliging to do so down here too.

But still a longer reload and more smoke would be nice.

And when I mean longer reload I mean add the very important step they missed out. It could add another 2-3 seconds to the reload time. The pan stage of reloading. I don’t know what their animator and sound engineer are doing but I wouldn’t imagine they would be doing That much this close to release.

More smoke and the pan stge of reloading would make the game more authentic and immersive as well as nerfing the pirates at te same time. Everyone’s happy including the pirates. If its too much of a nerf then you can change damage, deviation, spread and amount of pellets and stuff like that.

• Well said OP. Anything they buff or nerf will just make one class stand out more. It comes down to poor class selections more than anything. And by that I am pointing directly to Pirates. The stupidity it must of taken to bring guns into a melee game is beyond me. I’m truly starting to believe the theory that they did it for those of us who whined about archers in MW just to make us angry.

• lol that smoke was such a dumb idea

longer reaload or less ammo for the Pistol Spam and making sure the Blunder can’t do more damage than the Pistol and they’re fine

• @BB:

lol that smoke was such a dumb idea

longer reaload or less ammo for the Pistol Spam and making sure the Blunder can’t do more damage than the Pistol and they’re fine

Because being hit by 10 things would deal less damage than being hit by one thing of course that would be completely logical.

• logic has no place in this game as has been made obvious. Due to this being a GAME and not real life… the blunderbuss is significantly way easier to hit anything with… so it should reap less of a reward than it currently does. The more skill required, more reward. Less skill required, less reward.

blunderbuss = 0-1 skill level.

That’s out of 10 levels of skill.

blunderbuss = 0-1.

yes.

• @clayton-bigsby:

logic has no place in this game as has been made obvious. Due to this being a GAME and not real life… the blunderbuss is significantly way easier to hit anything with… so it should reap less of a reward than it currently does. The more skill required, more reward. Less skill required, less reward.

blunderbuss = 0-1 skill level.

That’s out of 10 levels of skill.

blunderbuss = 0-1.

yes.

I can never tell if you’re trolling or being serious.

• its serious.

It was in response of lemon’s sarcastic response to bb stating sarcastically that 10 projectiles should do less damage which he beleives it shouldn’t. From a balance standpoint, my point is that the easier something is… the less it should be rewarded. I am NOT JOKING when i say the blunderbuss is the easiest weapon of all time in chivalry to get easy hits and 1 hit KO’s with. The pistol on the other hand takes a bit more finesse and aim ability, the blunder… NO. I really think you have to be a complete moron or absolutely horrid at aiming anything in video games if you miss with the blunder with it also being draggable and have projectiles launch in a wide buckshot like spread.

So… what i’m saying is REALISM ASIDE… this is a GAME, not real life. So it should be balanced. Taking a blunderbuss and it’s ease of use should reap less of a reward than a pistol which is harder to use. But because logic, the easier weapon does more easy mode damage and the pistol, while still pretty damn easy takes more skill to use. Shooting a huge spread of projectiles and hitting a ton of things is not hard even for the worst gamer out there. It’s a 0-1 our of 10 skill weapon in my opinion… it requires virtually NO skill to use and hit targets and do ridic damage with.

TL;DR… blunder should get nerfed into the ground.

also, i am rarely trolling… i only use sarcasm when people say something so dumb that my only response without being totally rude is to be sarcastic. Trolling is typically not my final form.

• Well the blunderbuss can only one shot at under 5 metres. Pistole can do across the map.

Don’t stand still within 5m of a blunderbuss.

• having range so dominant was a really dumb design decision but can be fixed with SDK mod or if they give us a melee only option.

• @lemonater47:

Well the blunderbuss can only one shot at under 5 metres. Pistole can do across the map.

one of those 1 shots requires significantly less effort and skill to pull off

can you guess which one?

I’ll give you a minute to decide…

You’re right you dumb shit! It’s the Blunderbuss!
    The Blunderbuss requires the least amount of skill and effort to use out of any weapon ever, and with that minimum amount of effort you put in, you can 1 shot every class

• @BB:

The Blunderbuss requires the least amount of skill and effort to use out of any weapon ever, and with that minimum amount of effort you put in, you can 1 shot every class

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Ninjas can dodge the blunderbuss (the hiss gives you time to dodge with one-button-dodge), most classes can shield to negate most damage and follow up with a free hit at “insta-kill distance”, no? I think that’s supposed to be the case at least.

• @B4RK:

@BB:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Ninjas can dodge the blunderbuss (the hiss gives you time to dodge with one-button-dodge), most classes can shield to negate most damage and follow up with a free hit at “insta-kill distance”, no? I think that’s supposed to be the case at least.

It’s easy to “drag” your crosshairs over to a dodging ninja, and shields don’t really help against blunderbuss.

• Personally, I think that there are plenty of examples of asymmetrical balancing that were more difficult than this. TF2 comes to mind, as well as MOBAs. I think it’s definitely possible to balance this game so long as people are willing to be patient with the team and there are more indicators in the game telling players their chosen class’ optimal playing style (turtle and harass with Spartan, single out and stay mobile as Ninja).

You’d be surprised at how many people play every class in this game how they would play Chiv. These are fighters from different era and cultures, they obviously won’t (and shouldn’t) play similarly.

• @B4RK:

@BB:

well, ninja can only guess when the pirate is gonna shoot to dodge because the bullets are too fast for you to dodge or run of when fired, so unless he miss, all he have to do is wait for the ninja to do a ‘‘panic roll’’ then shoot him in the face! Then again, there are ways to compensate, like using smoke bombs right, everyone whine but nobody use them (still they need a buff), it was the same for vg in chiv, always complain about projectile but never use the smoke bomb! I’m not saying ranged aren’t OP but still, it helps when you actually use something made to counter them! As for the shield, it should block bullet, even if it’s not realistic! Dunno if u can, but blocking with blades would be nice since everyone can block knives and shuriken with it!

• @B4RK:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Ninjas can dodge the blunderbuss (the hiss gives you time to dodge with one-button-dodge)

you mean the .2 seconds of given time?

yes, you are wrong
    even if you were able to react instantly to the sound, you wouldn’t be able to get out of the way in .2 seconds with the dodge

• @BB:

@B4RK:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Ninjas can dodge the blunderbuss (the hiss gives you time to dodge with one-button-dodge)

you mean the .2 seconds of given time?

yes, you are wrong
    even if you were able to react instantly to the sound, you wouldn’t be able to get out of the way in .2 seconds with the dodge

Stop this crusade against guns already. We get it you hate range combat and have no idea how to deal with it. Thing is other people can deal with it.

STOP looking at numbers and play the damn game.

• @lemonater47:

Stop this crusade against guns already.

nothx