[IN PROGRESS] Unnamed arena map

• Hello guys,

after watching the tutorials from Bucky on YouTube I started to work on my very first map ever. I wanted something very easy for the start so I thought I would just make a bigger arena map. I like arena, but I always thought it is too small for ffa and classic duels.

So this is what I have now after some hours:

What do you think so far? Any suggestions?

And does anyone know how costly the spectators are performance wise?

• Watching Bucky at the moment :D

I like the fact, the map is not too filled with stuff. Don’t clutter it, like the original arena. I always thought it was a shame, you could barely walk 3 meters without walking into something. It’s supposed to be an arena, with nice open spaces to fight :D

Sure, a few decorations and differences in height would be good, but I think you already know that! :)

Maybe a few trees behind the walls, you then can see through those “windows” so it looks less like it’s flying.

Generally decorations on the walls. Torches, banners etc.

But so far I imagine this map to be pretty fun to play on. Especially for classic-duels! Nice, open spaces.

The spectators shouldn’t be too costly. When you go near them, you can see they are pretty low-poly. Actually I have no idea though ^^

• Looks like its gonna be hell though for non archers. Good map though.

• @HammelGammel:

Watching Bucky at the moment :D

I like the fact, the map is not too filled with stuff. Don’t clutter it, like the original arena. I always thought it was a shame, you could barely walk 3 meters without walking into something. It’s supposed to be an arena, with nice open spaces to fight :D

Sure, a few decorations and differences in height would be good, but I think you already know that! :)

Maybe a few trees behind the walls, you then can see through those “windows” so it looks less like it’s flying.

Generally decorations on the walls. Torches, banners etc.

But so far I imagine this map to be pretty fun to play on. Especially for classic-duels! Nice, open spaces.

The spectators shouldn’t be too costly. When you go near them, you can see they are pretty low-poly. Actually I have no idea though ^^

Thanks! Yeah, I am going to add some stuff to give some cover from archers in FFA. But I plan to still have more open space to fight in than Moor has for classic duels.

Good idea to add something behind the windows! Thanks!

• Looking good man. I’ve been working on an arena style map for a couple days myself.

• @the_jaz:

Looking good man. I’ve been working on an arena style map for a couple days myself.

Cool man, show what you have so I can steal some… eh I mean get some inspiration :P

• @fvonb:

@the_jaz:

Looking good man. I’ve been working on an arena style map for a couple days myself.

Cool man, show what you have so I can steal some… eh I mean get some inspiration :P

I’ll try to get it in a decent-looking state by this week, so feel free to take as much “inspiration” as you need then :lolz:

• i would do a spartacus worthy coluseum out of it with a lot of public npcs screaming XD

maybe some traps
    maybe wild animals some lions or smth that are chained to a small radius from some walls that u cant go near walls or a fire cycle XD