The Announcer

• Samurai VERSUS Ninja VERSUS Spartan VERSUS Knight VERSUS Pirate VERSUS Viking

it’s a bit much. Leave it at just: Multi-team Team Death Match.
    Also, the shout “LEGENDARY” and “DOMINATING” are far too loud, sounds a bit distorted too, either due to the shear volume with which he yells or the person shouting had his mouth kissing the microphone.

• @Gauntlet:

Also, the shout “LEGENDARY” and “DOMINATING” are far too loud, sounds a bit distorted too, either due to the shear volume with which he yells or the person shouting had his mouth kissing the microphone.

Definitely agree. There’s some distinct distortion happening. The files need to be normalised to a lower decibel level.

It probably sounds fine when listening to the raw audio, but on top of the ambient noises within the game it can easily be pushed into distorted territory. I would also say they need to be compressed at a higher ratio - or mastered in some other way - as the audio ‘pops out’ and is way too dominant in most instances.

• THE ANNOUNCER NEEDS TO GET FUCKED. GIVE ME AN OPTION TO SHUT THAT SHIT UP.

Thanks! I almost completely forgot about the announcer.
    Even that “LEGENDARY” shit is annoying.

• You just have to rage about everything don’t you.

• Haven’t played yet what is happenin?

• When I get “Godlike” my game crashes from the shear force of decibels erupting from my speakers. I’m guessing this is a feature, as it is a godlike roar that no program can handle.

@fvonb:

Haven’t played yet what is happenin?

There is an announcer now. He shouts “RAMPAGE” and “GODLIKE” and “DOUBLE KILL” at players now. He also announces the game mode at the beginning of every game, such as "Multi-Team Last Team Standing. Pirates VERSUS Knights VERSUS Spartan VERSUS… until he says all the teams competing. He’s quite… annoying, but I appreciate the idea of having an announcer akin to TF2. He needs refining though.

• The ability to turn him off would be nice as well.

• i liked hearing that i was dominating. It’s a bit arcadey… but i’m not totally against it. Ruins immersion for folks that are into that sort of thing, but i dont mind it. Can we make sure that everyone else on the server can hear when I am dominating too lol… i was just hearing TRIPLE KILL!, DOMINATING! LEGENDARY!!!

takes me back lol

that whole CLASS v CLASS v CLASS v CLASS v CLASS v CLASS thing is kind of silly though, yes.

• Announcer is new (obviously) and thus still WIP. Sorry for the ridiculous volume on some of the sounds. It was actually turned up a short time before the patch was built because it was originally so quiet you couldn’t really hear it over normal game sounds, I guess something got messed up along the way.

The Class vs. Class in 6-team multi-team had me cracking up the first time, too. Especially the fact that it pauses for a while after the 4th class (does it still do that in the beta? I can’t remember.)

• I thought I had finally left behind games that had quake/UT killstreak announcers. -__-

• @SlyGoat:

The Class vs. Class in 6-team multi-team had me cracking up the first time, too. Especially the fact that it pauses for a while after the 4th class (does it still do that in the beta? I can’t remember.)

Yeah, he still pauses. Then the server asks “Is it over?”

…VERSUS KNIGHT VERSUS SPARTAN

• **LEGENDARY
    my ears ;_;

• I literally jumped out of my chair when I first heard him yell DOUBLE KILL.

• @BB:

**LEGENDARY
    my ears ;_;

That scared the shit out of me.

• Just want to say that I love the announcer! :D

• I haven’t been able to play on the new patch yet, is it the same announcer from Spike’s Deadliest Warrior?

• @Mockingbirch:

I haven’t been able to play on the new patch yet, is it the same announcer from Spike’s Deadliest Warrior?

It’s this guy actually.

• @SlyGoat:

@Mockingbirch:

I haven’t been able to play on the new patch yet, is it the same announcer from Spike’s Deadliest Warrior?

It’s this guy actually.

That man’s hair needs to be in this game. I have no idea how. Just make it happen.

• Love the announcer!
    It feels great to have someone tell you or your team you’re doing good. 8-)

Just fix the obvious and I’ll love him even more:
    -class vs. class vs. Knight                                      vs. class vs. class vs. class
    -Option to toggle him off
    -LEGENDARY

• legendary aint even that bad…wait till you hear rampage… oh god rip my ears everytime it comes