Customize Your Soldier

• I meant mainly the face.

• face paint could be awesome as well. blue or red depending on the team

• What about women soldiers?

• there are only male characters, the modding community will probably take care of it.

• @RecklessStrategy:

there are only male characters, the modding community will probably take care of it.

:?

• No different color skins at least? Want to play as a real black knight. 8-)

• Yeah, I am black in real life, so I would love to play as a black guy in the game.

• I’m pretty excited for the DLCs Torn Banner can do in the future; like adding customizable armor, more weapons, or even more factions. C:MW has so many aspects that can be expanded upon!

I remember before the beta testing began there was a player emblem customization menu. Will this be a feature that will make it into the game for release, or was it scrapped? It was pretty cool how the main menu “game camera” panned and rotated to the side giving you a view of your player! 8-)

• I’d love some sort of heraldry to be added. Something like the Battlefield 3 / Max Payne 3 emblem creator that only had set patterns/objects that could be used. As for people using crazy colours, just don’t give them the option. People can create them in grey and the game changes them to the correct colour depending on the team.

Anyway, not a biggie but it was just something I thought while playing. Good to see others had the same thoughts. :)

• Maybe even give Vanguards and Knights the option to just run around with the Chain-Mail Coif? I must admit, when i get hit around… and my Bucket Helm falls off. I just love it… until i die :)

Now, that is… unless the helmet actually does provide a defence barrier, and when it’s knocked off… any blows to the head are more privy to HURTING!!! :)

• As someone already said, it would be nice to have character customization and by that I mean creating your character to your liking, not necessarily the armour but mainly the face.That would add some variety between each player, for example: hair(short/long/bald,beards, moustaches and hair color),skin color, height and so on.

• I see no reason why this shouldnt have that, I highly doubt they will go without updating this game, it has content but, is it enough to keep players for years?

• Torn Banner does plan on releasing multiple DLCs.

• And they said DLC will be free.

• @Sir:

And they said DLC will be free.

Any DLC that has an impact on gameplay - additional weapons, maps, etc.

Cosmetic stuff? I wouldn’t mind if they sold that.

• Lack of comprehensive visual customizations is really the only major weakness that Chiv has against WotR. Chivalry is a TF2-like MP-only game with various game modes, so it would make sense that over time people can sink into customizations, especially ones that might be quite costly to acquire.

• @Jihell:

As long as customisation is :

• not so much noticeable (you need to tell the class in the blink of an eye)
    • fitting in the theme (colors and realistic or so armor)
    • not tied to any in-game currency
    • have no influence on gampley
      …then I’m fine with it.

Well the armor they wear in game isnt very realistic so…

• @nyuyu:

@Jihell:

As long as customisation is :

• not so much noticeable (you need to tell the class in the blink of an eye)
    • fitting in the theme (colors and realistic or so armor)
    • not tied to any in-game currency
    • have no influence on gampley
      …then I’m fine with it.

Well the armor they wear in game isnt very realistic so…

Given the fact it’s roughly fantasy… what’s so unrealistic about it?

• I would like the idea of a unique coat of arms. And perhaps some unique helms, minor cosmetic weapon touches, i.e. blade decor, golden hilts etc… I am leery of the word customization as I believe that path leads to destruction of gameplay balance if allowed to significantly tweak class setup and detracts from an authentic medieval feeling… Seeing a large shield in the midst of combat emblazoned with Elmo or a large penis would mar the medieval experience somewhat… :)

• Would love to get a “Furry head” helmet in customization!