Where are the texture files located?

• I am looking to find exactly where the games texture folders are and are they shared with the SDK now? I have not been able to find them.
    Thanks.

• There is no folder dedicated to textures. Texture files are compressed into many UPK package files in UDKGame/CookedPC/AOC and can be accessed by SDK’s Content Browser.

• I don’t think it’s really possible/reasonable to make a texture pack, if that’s what you’re looking to do…

• I was looking to use the Orelander texture optimizer. I do not think that it can compress UPK files though. It works in other UDK games but only if they are more accessible.

• thx sdk content browser good to know. where can i find it ? in the editor of the chivalery beta ??? can i extract all textures to a folder? replace them improve them with normal maps and so and somehow imprt them ??

what format are the textures saved ??? i just know sorce engine used vtf files. is this game using such a specific file format aswell that u need plugins for your paint program???

• You access content browser through SDK. You can’t extract and/or replace textures in cooked packages. The engine is using DXT compression (.dds format), but when you create your own textures you shouldn’t save it as .dds, when you import it the engine will compress it for you.