Donations suggestion

• I suggest a donation button on site towards the costs of running the official servers.
    when browsing at the server list in game browser the amount of official servers is actually
    very big imho.
    sbt typos etc.

• They are probably getting a deal. It’ll have to be less than $24 a month. For their 24 slot servers. As that’s the next lowest price for a world wide server host that hosts chivalry servers. And multiplay sucks meaning its more likely they have some deal with them.

They have what 100 servers and some 32 slot ones. So we can say $26 per server a month average.

They have about 100 servers or so.

So $260 a month. $3120 a year. Chivalry has been out a year and a bit so chuck in another $260 to make $3380.

Steam gets what a 30% cut or something? They have sold about 1.3 million copies. We can probably assume that 300,000 of those were at the full price of $25. Steams cut puts it Down to $17.5. 300,000 copies getting $17.5 would be $5,250,000. Not to mention the other 1 million copies sold at varying prices.

I think that covers the costs of the servers.

• @lemonater47:

They have what 100 servers and some 32 slot ones. So we can say $26 per server a month average.

So $260 a month. $3120 a year. Chivalry has been out a year and a bit so chuck in another $260 to make $3380.

Steam gets what a 30% cut or something? They have sold about 1.3 million copies. We can probably assume that 300,000 of those were at the full price of $25.

Problem there is that $26/mo multiplied by 100 servers is more like $2,600 s month. I bet more like 500k+ paid $7 for this game too. On the other hand, I doubt they have 100 servers. Don’t forget Epic takes a whopping 25% for UDK. Costs are pretty significant… not just for server maintenance. Donation buttons are an excellent idea.

• @lemonater47:

So we can say $26 per server a month average.

So $260 a month.

I hope you are not going to do finance when you graduate high school

• @gregcau:

@lemonater47:

So we can say $26 per server a month average.

So $260 a month.

I hope you are not going to do finance when you graduate high school

Hahaha.

On topic though, they probably have a deal with low-ping servers. I doubt they’re hurting too bad for server money considering how many servers there are.

• Lol that was me using actual multiplay prices. Then I assumed they were probably getting a deal with multiplay to not go with a better company that’s actually cheaper. So I changed all the base prices and then still wrote down the total from the multiplay prices anyway.

• @loin:

I suggest a donation button on site towards the costs of running the official servers.
    when browsing at the server list in game browser the amount of official servers is actually
    very big imho.
    sbt typos etc.

I think you should donate to the |?i??| Thunderdome servers instead. Here is the link: http://kilas.enjin.com/ The paypal is on the left. I didnt make a few million on developing a game.

Besides Lion you have a little brown stuff on the end of your nose and my servers are actually well administered and stable.

• Yes its actually better to donate to clan servers and the like. They pay to run those servers out of their own pocket.

• @lemonater47:

Yes its actually better to donate to clan servers and the like. They pay to run those servers out of their own pocket.

Not in Australia they don’t, GON rents clan servers to people for free 8-)

• @BlaZe:

@lemonater47:

Yes its actually better to donate to clan servers and the like. They pay to run those servers out of their own pocket.

Not in Australia they don’t, GON rents clan servers to people for free 8-)

Well GON is just too awesome.

• I am sure your Kilas server is very nice mr snickers bar.
    However as a brit, it would serve no useful purpose for me.
    Do give my regards to Nurse Ratched, and take your pills. :)

• Well there’ll be euro clan servers that you can donate too.

• How about a server with just Knights playing T/O, with a tea lounge. First person locked.
    Also add the Marquess of Queensberry Rules, plus some before battle Knights Etiquette.
    Salute your foe before encounters and agree on what weapons to us and admire each Knights
    colors. Off course after a victory once again a salute in respect of the fallen. :)

Its nice to get value for money these days ;)

• I wouldn’t donate for such bad servers.
    Most of the official servers in the EU are empty anyway, because they lag as hell. They should get less but better servers, so playing on official servers with more than 16 players gets enjoyable again. THEN I’d be ready to donate.

• Maybe we should setup a donation to Microsoft too for providing the operating system to run on?

• Mod

I think that the donation button is here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/219640/

Get another copy and give it to your friend is the best donation.
    Devs get your money, you get a friend to play with.

• @User:

I think that the donation button is here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/219640/

I would IF they would actually fix shit and make the official servers better and well admined. Oh wait I have already gotten a few hundred friends to buy the game and actually pay for my own servers. So how about a little pay back for years of support since 2005 and the thousands of dollars I have already contributed not to mention all the tech support I have been doing for free? All I ask is to not have my critical posts deleted by over zealous admins and to get damn game fixed. Guess i am asking too much.

• @Retsnom:

@User:

I would IF they would actually fix shit and make the official servers better and well admined. Oh wait I have already gotten a few hundred friends to buy the game and actually pay for my own servers. So how about a little pay back for years of support since 2005 and the thousands of dollars I have already contributed not to mention all the tech support I have been doing for free? All I ask is to not have my critical posts deleted by over zealous admins and to get damn game fixed. Guess i am asking too much.

When you do things on your own accord such as tech support and having your own servers, it’s because you enjoy the game, not because you expect something back.

When you go around with an attitude like that, you begin to turn a lot of people off.

As others have said, I’d donate to clan servers and/or get copies for your friends.

• @Keith:

@Retsnom:

@User:

When you do things on your own accord such as tech support and having your own servers, it’s because you enjoy the game, not because you expect something back.

When you go around with an attitude like that, you begin to turn a lot of people off.

As others have said, I’d donate to clan servers and/or get copies for your friends.

Ask yourself why I and others might have a bad attitude, then you might come to some realizations and the truth. I dont really expect anything in return but is what I asked for, for a year(s) really out of the question? Dont let the truth and facts get in the way of a good story……

• You attitude is like that because you decide to be like that.