Thoughts on the new patch

• 1. HP regen buff

This is AWESOME. This was badly needed for the game and makes it really rewarding when you survive a long fight. And its less frustrating getting hit from range stuff

2. New timings, windup, feint window

I love the feint buff, a bit extra of player control is always good. New timings and windups are Great! finally i can time correctly, attack earlier and actually flinch the other person no matter if he has a katana or that ninja sword, instead of pre patch where you went for hittrades all the time. Good!

this was badly needed and its great.

3. Parry box buff

This was too much, im getting parried from the side (lol?) when the guy was using a shank… too much and it just helps badly aimed parries

4. Stagger from projectiles removed

awesome. anti fun mechanic removed. good.

**5. Sword of war instead of longsword
    Obviously i like this one alot, but i think you should have given us both instead of replacing the one to make some LS users happy again.

Sword of war feels great but:

-initial overhead (normal one) animation needs some fixing… its way more smooth in CMW
    -fix the tracers, they do too low damage even on spot crosshair
    -fix the turn rate cap… please for the love of god sometimes i cant even turn around after killing someone while still in release because its so slowed down holy shit

6. Recovery time reduced

This is good… enough window to punish for missing but adds some control

HOWEVER, now that this is there, there is no reason not to have CFTP anymore as the whole playstyle argument doesnt matter with this in place now

So… gives us the option to CFTP again which does the same as normal recoveries now except that you lose stamina for being aggressive and defensive at the same time

Make it happen torn banner! you are going into the right direction with this patch

one last thing… that announcer is a great idea, but its a bit too loud. I LOVE the idea of an announcer like that, obviously the voice is debatable, its alright , but theres alot of room for customization here lol… you can add more announcers later with more voices (i suggest duke nukem voice)

i love the direction this game is going with the statscreen and leaderboards stuff… this is starting to feel competitive when you keep it up
    all in one… Well done Torn Banner!**

• ohh one more thing:

when you kick, you cant move anymore

thats really bad, some shield users can just backpedal really easily and that frozen moment makes the followup attack feel REALLY clunky

scrap that asap… i think its a bug on some weapons…

ALSO: some of the UI stuff like first blood is WAY TOO BIG! give us more options to this… also option to disable the announcer and lol dont make him say every single team

• 5. Wouldn’t you rather have a more interesting weapon from MW over another longsword?

like Flail??
    not my fave but honestly one of the cooler weapons

• I find him saying every single team hilarious.

• @BB:

5. Wouldn’t you rather have a more interesting weapon from MW over another longsword?

like Flail??
    not my fave but honestly one of the cooler weapons

my friend wants the flail back so bad, and i want him to have his wish

• PIRATES VERSUS NINJA VERSUS SAMURAI VERSUS SPARTAN VERSUS… VIKINGS VERSUS KNIGHTS

• Constructive and positive criticism from CRUSHED. I haven’t played yet but you must have done something right, Torn Banner.

Regarding the longsword:

• aw that gif man

• _3. Parry box buff

This was too much, im getting parried from the side (lol?) when the guy was using a shank… too much and it just helps badly aimed parries_

I am loving the patch, however, I agree that this needs to be addressed urgently.

• Dunno about the parry box, haven’t noticed much of a difference. It always been a bit odd, I had people in MW (unintentionally) parrying my strikes from behind, or that funny move where they bend back with their shields and block all strikes from all sides.
    There are times a strike that should have been parried goes through and there are other times when a strike that should have gone through is parried, guess it’s about ping as well.