New patch: Unplayable game

• Hey everyone,

I wanted to post to see if I could get some suggestions. After the new patch installed, I have a pretty annoying issue with my game. I can play consistently for around ten minutes each time, and then my game will either give a “stopped working” error and crash, or simply crash straight to the desktop. Obviously this makes the game quite unplayable, since I have to repeatedly re-open the program and re-join games. I know this is not hardware related, as I just built a very expensive machine. I mean I run Bamboo on all maxed out settings with no FPS drops, so that’s saying something.

Strangely enough, I can confirm that this DOES NOT happen in duel games. I played for around two hours in a duel server last night with no hiccups whatsoever.

Thoughts? Opinions? Pls halp.

• Actually a brand new expensive machine is more likely to have games crash than on an older machine. Especially this game which is pretty much built for older machines intentional or not.

• I was implying that I am not having any kind of crash from lack of memory/CPU overload.

• I have this issue as well! However, I have also notice my GPU temp going way up while I play only this game. That being said, I drop all my settings to medium and turn off most of the on/off settings it works just fine. Sucks! but at least you get to play. Hope it helps!

• Did you check your temperatures (gpu & cpu)? You should. If you don’t know how I can tell you.

• I never thought to check on my temps, because I put my fan control on blast mode all the time, but I’ll be sure to check them out when I get a chance later. I had heard that some people had temperature issues, but when I checked them before the patch everything was cool as ice!

• Can anyone experiencing this issue upload a dxdiag and a log file? Documents\My Games\Chivalry Deadliest Warrior Beta\CDWGame\Logs, the launch and DMP files that correspond to the time of the crash.

• @SlyGoat:

Can anyone experiencing this issue upload a dxdiag and a log file? Documents\My Games\Chivalry Deadliest Warrior Beta\CDWGame\Logs, the launch and DMP files that correspond to the time of the crash.

I’ll post my information as soon as I get a chance.

• I cannot play the game anymore this happens every time!

[0185.39] Log: Creating Primary PhysX Scene.
    [0185.39] Warning: USkeletalMeshComponent::InitArticulated : No PhysicsAsset defined for envyentry.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.AOCPawn_46.SkeletalMeshComponent_805 with skeletalmesh DW_Char_Spartan.sk_Char_spartanBodyFP
    [0185.39] Log: WARNING: Cooking Convex For Actor: envyentry.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.AOCPawn_46 Component: StaticMeshComponent_98 StaticMesh: EngineMeshes.Cube (Scale: 0.200000 0.320000 0.600000) Please go and set PreCachedPhysScale on the mesh to have this scale for RunTime spawned objects.
    [0185.40] Log: Bringing World envyentry.TheWorld up for play (90) at 2013.10.31-21.24.38
    [0185.40] Log: Bringing up level for play took: 0.009845
    [0185.40] Log: --- LOADING MOVIE START ---
    [0185.48] Log: Flushing async loaders.
    [0185.53] Log: Flushed async loaders.
    [0185.53] Warning: Flushed async loading to load replicated reference to 'ReachSpec td-acropolis.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.ReachSpec_911'
    [0185.56] ScriptLog: Script call stack:
    	Function CDW.AOCPawn:BecomeViewTarget
    	Function UTGame.UTPawn:BecomeViewTarget
    	Function CDW.AOCPawn:SetMeshVisibility

[0185.56] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'A_AMB': Can't find file 'A_AMB'
    [0185.72] Log: Primary PhysX scene will be in software.
    [0185.72] Log: Creating Primary PhysX Scene.
    [0185.72] Log: Bringing World td-isle.TheWorld up for play (90) at 2013.10.31-21.24.38
    [0185.72] Log: Bringing up level for play took: 0.010415
    [0185.76] Log: Flushing async loaders.
    [0185.99] Log: Flushed async loaders.
    [0185.99] Warning: Flushed async loading to load replicated reference to 'MaterialExpressionScalarParameter Engine_MI_Shaders.M_ES_Phong_Opaque_Master_01:MaterialExpressionScalarParameter_37'
    [0185.99] Log: Received invalid actor class on channel 3
    [0186.37] Log: No Cached Brush Physics Data Found Or Out Of Date (Model_9) (Owner: BlockingVolume_6) - Cooking Now.
    [0186.38] Log: Total Polygon Area invalid: 0.000000
    [0186.43] Log: FKAggregateGeom::InstanceNovodexGeom: (Actor: p3_art.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.StaticMeshCollectionActor_53 Component: StaticMeshActor_SMC_4 StaticMesh: CHV_DW_Spartan_Props.SM_Table) No geometries in FKAggregateGeom.
    [0186.43] Log: URB_BodyInstance::InitBody : Could not create new Shape: Actor: p3_art.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.StaticMeshCollectionActor_53 Component: StaticMeshActor_SMC_4 StaticMesh: CHV_DW_Spartan_Props.SM_Table
    [0192.64] Log: Current focused movie? SWF.GeneralManager
    [0192.64] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'SwfMovie UDKFrontEnd.udk_ime': Failed to find object 'SwfMovie UDKFrontEnd.udk_ime'
    [0192.64] Log: GFx attempted to load missing object [UDKFrontEnd.udk_ime]
    [0192.72] Log: GFullScreen End Movie -- 1
    [0193.07] Log: --- LOADING MOVIE TIME: 7.67 sec ---
    [0193.85] Log: FSocketWin::Close
    [0194.81] Log: Current focused movie? SWF.GeneralManager
    [0194.81] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'SwfMovie UDKFrontEnd.udk_ime': Failed to find object 'SwfMovie UDKFrontEnd.udk_ime'
    [0194.81] Log: GFx attempted to load missing object [UDKFrontEnd.udk_ime]
    [0194.84] Critical: appError called: Ran out of virtual memory. To prevent this condition, you must free up more space on your primary hard disk.
    [0194.84] Critical: Windows GetLastError: The system cannot find the file specified. (2)
    [0199.49] Log: === Critical error: ===
    Ran out of virtual memory. To prevent this condition, you must free up more space on your primary hard disk.

Address = 0x74e9c41f (filename not found) 
    Address = 0x11e4be1  (filename not found) 
    Address = 0x20006e   (filename not found) 
    Address = 0x75006f   (filename not found) 
    Address = 0x200074   (filename not found) 
    Address = 0x73006500 (filename not found) 
    Address = 0x73006500 (filename not found) 

Then it ran out of video memory (even though I got 3GB 660 GTX)

[0268.69] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Font None.DejaVu Serif': Failed to find object 'Font None.DejaVu Serif'
    [0268.69] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Font None.DejaVu Serif': Failed to find object 'Font None.DejaVu Serif'
    [0268.71] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Font None.DejaVu Serif': Failed to find object 'Font None.DejaVu Serif'
    [0268.71] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Font None.DejaVu Serif': Failed to find object 'Font None.DejaVu Serif'
    [0268.72] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Font None.DejaVu Serif': Failed to find object 'Font None.DejaVu Serif'
    [0268.72] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Font None.DejaVu Serif': Failed to find object 'Font None.DejaVu Serif'
    [0268.76] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Font None.DejaVu Serif': Failed to find object 'Font None.DejaVu Serif'
    [0268.77] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Font None.DejaVu Serif': Failed to find object 'Font None.DejaVu Serif'
    [0268.77] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Font None.DejaVu Serif': Failed to find object 'Font None.DejaVu Serif'
    [0268.80] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Font None.DejaVu Serif': Failed to find object 'Font None.DejaVu Serif'
    [0268.80] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Font None.DejaVu Serif': Failed to find object 'Font None.DejaVu Serif'
    [0268.81] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Font None.DejaVu Serif': Failed to find object 'Font None.DejaVu Serif'
    [0268.81] Warning: Warning, Failed to load

• this is happening to me too
    though more like 30 mins to an hour before it crashes

• I’ve already tried re-installing the game… verifying cache… nothing works.

• @SlyGoat:

Can anyone experiencing this issue upload a dxdiag and a log file? Documents\My Games\Chivalry Deadliest Warrior Beta\CDWGame\Logs, the launch and DMP files that correspond to the time of the crash.

• @SlyGoat:

@SlyGoat:

You want them to actually be helpful???