Pirates UP?

• Someone is mad the pirates aren’t as OP as last patch. Your damage was far too insane, one shotting with Blunder? Get real. It’s perfectly fine now. I met a pirate, Sneaky ROb that had no problem killing people. Now you actually have to get good.

• Pirates got barely nerfed.

• try the shank. It’s superb. Also headshotting with a pistol gets great results too

• @Sol:

try the shank. It’s superb. Also headshotting with a pistol gets great results too

Shank OH = OP.

• All ranged weapons, when reaching critical mass, become problematic - if organized, melee can’t reach them

Slightly nerfing ranged weapons doesn’t solve the problem, it just alleviates it, needing a higher critical mass for it to happen

I see pirates weapons as harass + finish hit at melee

I think they should give them a slight boost, but in the utility department (flaming rum lasting longer on ground, for example)

• @OmmNomNom:

All ranged weapons, when reaching critical mass, become problematic - if organized, melee can’t reach them

Slightly nerfing ranged weapons doesn’t solve the problem, it just alleviates it, needing a higher critical mass for it to happen

I think they should give them a slight boost, but in the utility department (flaming rum lasting longer on ground, for example)

Or not. Pirates don’t need anything else. You’re already a class that can shoot though anything unlike other ranged players that can have their projectiles blocked.

Oh && magic healing rum.

• best range + great melee + healing power + 2nd fastest class = Underpowered.

Yep.

also to OP, stop aiming at his legs with your pistol, the shield also blocks the shot so only 20% of original damage. You can kill a spartan with way less than 3 shots. I’d say 2 with shield up, 1 without it up to the head… and more like 3 to the body even if they have the shield up. how it takes 5 for you i have no clue.

also, you reload while trying to run = you’re a retard. Secondary weapons exist for this reason, if you’re dumb relying on gunshots only… you deserve to die. L2P

It’s people like you that ruined Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.

• @clayton-bigsby:

best range + great melee + healing power + 2nd fastest class = Underpowered.

Yep.

also to OP, stop aiming at his legs with your pistol, the shield also blocks the shot so only 20% of original damage. You can kill a spartan with way less than 3 shots. I’d say 2 with shield up, 1 without it up to the head… and more like 3 to the body even if they have the shield up. how it takes 5 for you i have no clue.

also, you reload while trying to run = you’re a retard. Secondary weapons exist for this reason, if you’re dumb relying on gunshots only… you deserve to die. L2P

2 with shield up? Are you serious…Just go into training and shoot through the spartan shield and you’d notice that it’s only 17 damage, He’s right that’s 5-6 shots give or take, Also stop with the hostility just because he has views differing from your own he deserves to die? Maybe you deserve to take a step back and think before you speak you can had to go to training and test out the pistol.

• if shield is up… shoot them in the feet, or try for head. Knees/legs do 36 damage.

if shields down, headshots are 86.

and he was talking about how he can’t run away from someone while reloading at the same time, well no shit.

blunder does more damage although i can’t tell how much exactly since the numbers are on top of each other, but each does anywhere from 9-20 damage typically for me, and you can hit the feet again as well.

and either way, having a shield is useless if it didn’t protect you at all from gunfire, you’re still capable of doing 36+ damage to the feet which are very easy to hit, and you have a melee weapon.

so yes, if you try to run away while reloading, or use gun only which is the same thing and never pull secondary relying on your gun only, then yes… you should die, which is exactly what i said. So i stand by that statement.

As far as 2 shotting goes, i was wrong, kind of over exaggerated there, however in a duel vs spartan yesterday, it took me two shots through shield to the body, then i finished with an overhead to the head. So yeah, for me it takes 2 shots and then i use my melee to finish ;) like a smart person.

• @SirBlade:

@clayton-bigsby:

best range + great melee + healing power + 2nd fastest class = Underpowered.

Yep.

2 with shield up? Are you serious…Just go into training and shoot through the spartan shield and you’d notice that it’s only 17 damage, He’s right that’s 5-6 shots give or take, Also stop with the hostility just because he has views differing from your own he deserves to die? Maybe you deserve to take a step back and think before you speak you can had to go to training and test out the pistol.

He deserves to die because he don’t use secondary weapons :p not because his view’s are different…

• @OmmNomNom:

All ranged weapons, when reaching critical mass, become problematic - if organized, melee can’t reach them

Same can be said of organized melee, and an organized melee attack will leave the pirates with maybe a few kills and the rest die pretty quickly. Now talking about multiteam deathmatch well I would say its a very bad mode to begin with as it doesn’t balance the teams properly and a group of pirates who will surely kill one of you is not a favorite traget. I personally think its more the mode that is broken then the pirate. in tdm or lts a group of pirates shooting will usually end up with half the pirates dying with their guns drawn.

• Even if the guns can no longer one hit kill everything in sight, they’re still by FAR the best ranged weapons. Making them less powerful and improving melee performance is far more along the lines of what I was hoping the pirates would be: a class that fires gunpowder weapons at a target and goes in for the kill with classic pirate blades. Now THAT is a class I can get behind. Only thing missing is a hook hand melee weapon, get on it TB!

• The ranged weapons feel too weak in situations they should feel powerful, such as when a bloody and obviously near death viking can survive a near point blank meatshot with a blunderbus if he just turns at the right second thanks to the massive spread. You can get better at aiming for the center or head or such, but its all luck when the delay allows your enemy that perfect turn opportunity.

Pistol is more useful in concerns to skill where the blundy should be most effective, I prefer it for close combat simply because of the unreliable spread. Even slight lag means a direct hit for some reason doesn’t fully register so why use the blunderbus anyway? I wouldn’t mind a lower reload or even further lowered damage if the spread was somewhat more manageable.

It isn’t even effective at low-medium range beyond that lucky one pellet hit, other classes dominate that situation. Its great for assists, lucky kills. As a team weapon it suffers horribly from the spread to the point that you are very likely to kill a teammate if the enemy gets in melee range.

Knights crossbows and spartan spears feel much more powerful and satisfying as ranged weapons, with the knights able to actually see where their projectile is going as well as the curve (VERY IMPORTANT FOR TRAINING!) and the spartans able to one-hit kill with their first thrown spear.

I agree pirates should have to use their melee the majority of the time to finish their kills, but armor doesn’t make any sense on the class as much as I love being able to tank more.

Lastly the magic rum drink is worthless now, you only have to wait an extra 5-7 seconds to fully heal with the speed regen. It was a tactical option.

P.S. How can all these people claiming this is a melee game as if that is the end-all argument not see ALL THE OTHER RANGED WEAPONS. I seriously do not understand this mentality.

• @LucentInTenebris:

It isn’t even effective at low-medium range beyond that lucky one pellet hit, other classes dominate that situation. Its great for assists, lucky kills. As a team weapon it suffers horribly from the spread to the point that you are very likely to kill a teammate if the enemy gets in melee range.

The developers have stated that the blunderbuss is designed to fire into a crowd of enemies in large battles, the same way they were actually used. It now works as a harassment weapon by design, it’s not an accident. If you want precision, you’ve just got to roll with the pistol. They clearly had to do something about the pirate’s guns, when half the forum posts are complaints about an issue then you need to address that issue.

• @Mockingbirch:

The developers have stated that the blunderbuss is designed to fire into a crowd of enemies in large battles, the same way they were actually used.

except they don’t know shit about design so what we have is a close quarters meatshotting weapon that can’t hit shit past mid range

• @BB:

@Mockingbirch:

The developers have stated that the blunderbuss is designed to fire into a crowd of enemies in large battles, the same way they were actually used.

except they don’t know shit about design so what we have is a close quarters meatshotting weapon that can’t hit shit past mid range

And you want to make it slightly better at range but make it get assists and not kills.

Point blank to the face should kill.

• @lemonater47:

that’s shit, and you’re shit for thinking that’s good design for a melee game

game designer that originally put it in the game is also shit

• @BB:

@lemonater47:

that’s shit, and you’re shit for thinking that’s good design for a melee game

game designer that originally put it in the game is also shit

Yeah I mean its not immersion breaking at all taking 10 rounds to the face and being ok.

The weapon wouldn’t be used at all if you got your way.

• @lemonater47:

Yeah I mean its not immersion breaking at all taking 10 rounds to the face and being ok.

It’s full of forks, glass, and knives
    not lead bullets

so no
    I don’t see a fork exploding a man’s head

@lemonater47:

firepot says otherwise

@lemonater47:

as opposed to now where only noobs use it
    super

• Ok.

When you have a choice of throwing knives two shields and a firepot what would you choose.

If you can’t aim with throwing knives you wouldn’t pick it.

If you hate shields and like control you wouldn’t pick shields.

So fire pots.

Between pistole and your blunderbuss.

Do you like killing people? If so you choose the pistole.

Do you like getting assists? If so choose the blunderbuss.

How many people out there like just getting assists? No one likes their kills getting stolen.