Ninjas and Shortbows

• Anyone else think this would work well with the ninja? Shortbows were used by real ninjas, the animations are already made, and the ninja NEEDS some kind of proper ranged weapon (shuriken doesn’t even begin to count). I think the shortbow would work well, as it’s not amazingly powerful but would fit the ninja’s assassin role. I think a ninja firing from the rooftops in Bamboo makes perfect sense. But hey, that’s me, what does everyone else think?

• please… no more stuff to shoot me with….

• wouldn’t use it, the shurikens are too good in melee fights

• @magilla:

please… no more stuff to shoot me with….

• Not another ranged weapon…

• Ranged weapons are a part of this game, guys, and they play a larger role than they did in MW. Saying “giving the ninjas one is just an annoyance” doesn’t make much sense, as the fact is other classes already have them. Right now the ninja isn’t particularly competitive in close combat and simply ISN’T competitive in ranged, giving them a weak bow would allow more versatility.

Bottom line, even if you’re not a fan of ranged combat, that’s not a good enough reason to avoid correcting a glaring weakness in a class.

• @Mockingbirch:

Ranged weapons are a part of this game

still wouldn’t use it, Shurikens are too good in melee fights

@Mockingbirch:

Bottom line, even if you’re not a fan of ranged combat, that’s not a good enough reason to avoid correcting a glaring weakness in a class.

I’d rather have smokebombs be a viable counter to ranged

• Great idea.

The real Ninjas had a lot of weapons. Every new one is welcome!

• @SonOdin:

Great idea.

The real Ninjas had a lot of weapons. Every new one is welcome!

Personally, I’m always a fan of choices in a game, it adds longevity. And BB, if you wouldn’t use them that’s totally fine, I like the shuriken as well. But it would be cool, in my humble opinion, to have an extra playstyle available. I do, however, agree that smoke needs to be dramatically improved.

• @Mockingbirch:

Personally, I’m always a fan of choices in a game, it adds longevity. And BB, if you wouldn’t use them that’s totally fine, I like the shuriken as well. But it would be cool, in my humble opinion, to have an extra playstyle available. I do, however, agree that smoke needs to be dramatically improved.

yeeeeeah you’re right

I also want to see if Ninja would be able to draw the bow while having his melee out like all the other throwables
    that would be pretty boss

• No

No

No

• @KONGEN:

No

No

No

Sigh…have something on your mind, Kongen?

• Shuriken in melee is too good not to have. Slash here, stabby stab there, BAM! Shuriken to finish it off. Many a melee has been won from a dirty shuriken throw!

I also like parrying a shuriken and riposte off them for a kill, not sure if that is a design feature or something we will sadly see taken away (like CFTP).

• Torn banner seemed awfully lot keen to have it when it was first implemented in the alpha.

• @Toll:

I also like parrying a shuriken and riposte off them for a kill

omg yes feels so good

• @Mockingbirch:

Anyone else think this would work well with the ninja? Shortbows were used by real ninjas, the animations are already made, and the ninja NEEDS some kind of proper ranged weapon (shuriken doesn’t even begin to count). I think the shortbow would work well, as it’s not amazingly powerful but would fit the ninja’s assassin role. I think a ninja firing from the rooftops in Bamboo makes perfect sense. But hey, that’s me, what does everyone else think?

Shuriken, strictly speaking, are not really ‘ranged’ weapons, but more distracting devices. It is true that occasionally the tips could be dipped in poison, however, that posed a risk to the user.
    On top of being a quick distracting device shuriken could also be used in hand to hand combat where you whip your opponents arm up in the air, jam the shuriken up in their arm pit and then whip their arm back down to their side. This would disable your opponents arm, there’s a high risk of arterial rupture, and it hurts like hell.

So it’d be cool if you could throw a series of shuriken in succession and have them (one or all of them) cause some flinch action. This would surely cause pirates great aggravation while they’re trying to shoot the ninja to death with their blunderbuss :)

Pirate: I shoot you dirty ninja with my blunderBUSS!!! :x
    Ninja: NOU!!! shurken to the face :x

• Ninja already does that is what makes them good against pirates.

• Blow guns?

• @Citizen:

Blow guns?

Thought about this, I’d like either of them. The difference is that Torn Banner already has the assets to add the shortbow quickly and easily, whereas the blowgun would require new modelling, coding, animations…

• Ninjas should get more chinese weapons, why not give them the chinese repeating crossbow, and have it like a faster shooting light crossbow. If it only had 5 shots, it could fire them fast, but they would not be as powerful as the knight one, nor have as good range.