Stamina needs to mean something.

• Currently, you can swing, swing, swing again, until you’re wheezing and out of stamina. You can even block without penalty. The only downside is the inability to combo which isn’t really a downside. Comboing can be dangerous, especially if you miss.

What’s the point of stamina management?

• @omg87:

Currently, you can swing, swing, swing again, until you’re wheezing and out of stamina. You can even block without penalty. The only downside is the inability to combo which isn’t really a downside. Comboing can be dangerous, especially if you miss.

What’s the point of stamina management?

Would be awesome if it was way more punishing, IMO. I.E. you run out of stamina, you WILL get hit/fucked up. I have always advocated this to some less than positive feedback. Just being unable to combo isn’t really much punishment.

• Really? I was just thinking how punishing being out of stamina is today. Being unable to combo or feint and being dazed through your parry and not interrupting the attacker’s combo in the process leaves you really vulnerable, especially if you’re against more than one enemy.

• this is assuming you can reach them during knockback AND you’re 100% sure they’re out of stamina so you can sprint forward and hit them without being interrupted or iced by a teammate

• @SlyGoat:

Really? I was just thinking how punishing being out of stamina is today. Being unable to combo or feint and being dazed through your parry and not interrupting the attacker’s combo in the process leaves you really vulnerable, especially if you’re against more than one enemy.

Being dazed through your parry isn’t long enough for anything, you can bring your parry back up before the next hit lands.

Combos aren’t terribly worth it unless you’re going for the intentional miss. This game tends to award those who can block more so than MW and when you have two people who can block all day, it gets kinda silly. Imagine two guys who have practiced reading feints, basically every trick in the book. They still haven’t touched each other, but they’re out of stamina! The fight ends with whoever can get help the quickest. At least if one guy managed his stamina better he’d have a significant advantage vs swinging and hoping to hit something ALL the time.

I wonder if “fixing” the parries actually attributes to this. It’s unusually easy to parry now.

Being up against multiple people generally means death anyway, unless they’re all worthless.

PS: Basically, as a knight who doesn’t bother to manage stamina - I don’t terribly mind not having any. 8-)

• Stamina has been stupid dude. The only thing it stops is defensive players, and bad kids who can’t aim. Anyone who can connect with you despite being blocked loses no stamina.

• It would punish those baddies who can’t aim and turtling of any kind. What’s the problem? Currently, stamina does nothing. Might as well take it off the HUD.

• @omg87:

You can even block without penalty.

there is a penalty

if the enemy combos he gets a free hit

I made a thread on this forever ago, do you want me to get it for you?

• No BB, it will not give a free hit.

Even combo with some weapons, the knockback is too great or the weapon too slow for a hit, and its back to block then block… (example is Nodachi)

• @BB:

@omg87:

You can even block without penalty.

there is a penalty

if the enemy combos he gets a free hit

Yeah, just spam combos to be safe. That’s what we need.

• Most weapons will guarantee a free hit if you hit immediately after and drag accordingly.

• @lemonater47:

Most weapons will guarantee a free hit if you hit immediately after and drag accordingly.

Only if you were comboing.

• @omg87:

It would punish those baddies who can’t aim and turtling of any kind. What’s the problem? Currently, stamina does nothing. Might as well take it off the HUD.

My point was it does nothing effective. The only time it really matters for me personally is when im being ganked. Stamina goes down fast as fuck from blocking their hits which just leads to me stamming out and being a free kill.

• @dragonmith:

Even combo with some weapons, the knockback is too great or the weapon too slow for a hit, and its back to block then block…

that’s wrong though

• heh. I’ve noticed that you can weeze and weeze, and stay in combat for a very long time with 0 stam as long as you perform only 1 action every so often.

Spartans somewhat excel at being low stam, because most of their attacks are 1 strike anyway.
    So as a ninja, not being able to do much with low stam, bouncing off his shield endlessly until one of us just makes the mistake not to parry too soon.

It would be interesting to see stam pools made larger, but, when you get to around 10% stam, or 0%, your movement & attack speed just fall off a cliff.

So when someone was ‘finally out of breath’ you can really capitalize on that.
    Knocking someone back now when they’re on their last legs for stam doesn’t really seem like much of a stun at all.
    I swear the strong Kick will stun someone with full stamina, longer, than making someone deplete their stam before the second wind kicks in.

Malev

• When I’m spartan and run out of stamina I get hit by them. You can’t block forever. There’s a couple of nasty buggers who will get you out of stamina, stun you then headshot you with a shuriken. That does more damage than most of his melee attacks.

• @Khyy:

@omg87:

It would punish those baddies who can’t aim and turtling of any kind. What’s the problem? Currently, stamina does nothing. Might as well take it off the HUD.

My point was it does nothing effective. The only time it really matters for me personally is when im being ganked. Stamina goes down fast as fuck from blocking their hits which just leads to me stamming out and being a free kill.

When you’re getting ganked, you’re getting ganked. Chances are, you will die. It’s supposed to be difficult when you’re alone vs many. My point remains.

I’ve yet to run out of stamina, get dazed, and then get hit. I’ve always had time to get my parry up. While the daze is nice, you’d have to anticipate when he’s going to get dazed because you have about a split second or you’re already too late. I’d propose a shorter knock back.

ALso, I’ve noticed when I’m clearly out of stamina, I parry - sometimes I don’t get dazed. This is confusing as shit.

• @omg87:

@Khyy:

@omg87:

When you’re getting ganked, you’re getting ganked. Chances are, you will die. It’s supposed to be difficult when you’re alone vs many. My point remains.

I’ve yet to run out of stamina, get dazed, and then get hit. I’ve always had time to get my parry up. While the daze is nice, you’d have to anticipate when he’s going to get dazed because you have about a split second or you’re already too late. I’d propose a shorter knock back.

ALso, I’ve noticed when I’m clearly out of stamina, I parry - sometimes I don’t get dazed. This is confusing as shit.

Don’t even know what you’re on about, your point is my point. But whatever. What class are you running? Spartans for example with low stamina if kicked you have a 2-3 second period to hit them as they’re dazed.

• I personally think that TBS should increase the daze time just slightly, so that even the slower weapons can hit the dazed enemy with a continued combo strike.
    I like the idea of the new stun daze, making the offender have some pale on the situation when stunning someone, not just wait for someone to get dazed and then score a free hit.

• @B4RK:

I personally think that TBS should increase the daze time just slightly, so that even the slower weapons can hit the dazed enemy with a continued combo strike.

Same with the old system in MW, weapons like the Maul had trouble getting a hit in during the stun

you know what Sly said to that?
    @Slygoat:

oh well

Halberd and Nodachi are the only weapons I can think of that wouldn’t be able to get a hit by comboing
    that’s two weapons and not enough reason to increase the stun time