The overnerf of the Pirates

• Now I hardly play pirates I play them like a little here and there whenever I’m up to it, But I’ve only recently started playing them and I find the whole experience to be just utter frustration, Pirates main advantage over the other classes in the game is meant to be their range but now with the constant changes and balance updates to pirates preferred arsenal of deadly weapons they’ve now been nerfed to shit.

The biggest disadvantage of playing a pirate is the low armour as well as the small choice of very gimped over-simplied LMB weapons because I find thrusting and overhead with any of the pirate weapons seem to hit far less than when I LMB with any of the weapons even more so with the boarding axe which is primarily just a heavy damaging fast LMB weapon only good for running circles around your enemy until he’s eventually dead.

The whole pirate class seemed like a total joke even more so now the whole class just leaves a sour taste in the mouth because it fails to perform at it’s primary role.

What should of been done to counter pirates rather than nerf their weapons.

-Implemented a better defense against pirates with the Spartan shields you could of just implemented the damage nerf to spartan shields earlier.

-Decreased the amount of ammo for the pistol from 12 to 8

-Undid the nerf on the Samurais bow and decreased the ammo of the Yumi bow from 10 to 6 this way the Samurai isn’t left out in the dark and can effectively combat the pirates at range.

-Increase the range of all the pirates melee weapons slightly allowing to combat the bubble but punish LMBers by increasing the wind up time and thus giving more reliance on more than just LMB attacks(The only weapon I’ve seen people use overheads on are the shank and cutlass and stabs on the sabre)

-Make smoke useful for the ninja this means more than just increasing the time it lasts but make it so that you can’t cursor over enemies through the smoke and make the area larger.

The whole problem I have with playing a pirate is just how frustrating it can be shooting a knight with a pistol twice then having them going into hiding and regening and then rinse and repeat this can be quite a frustrating experience for any ranged user.

• No, pirates are perfectly fine now. They are still as strong as any other class in groups. It’s funny how now you can see who the true good pirates were. Those that were good still do good with pirate.

• Pirate guns nerfed, defense buffed, this is good

unfortunately the guns are still horribly designed
    Pistol is a spam weapon and Blundy is a meatshotting shotgun

neither is good design in a melee game

• @BB:

Pirate guns nerfed, defense buffed, this is good

I think some of you’re failing to see the reasoning behind implementing all the classes they did, Simply because all the classes in the game are from all of the most popular episodes out of the show, The pirate vs Knight episode was one of the more controversial episodes out of the show, they didn’t implement it so they could purposely piss people off.

• That doesn’t matter. They still ruin the melee-part of the game.

• @SirBlade:

I think some of you’re failing to see the reasoning behind implementing all the classes they did

there’s no excuse for shit design

spam weapon
    close range 1 shotting

I don’t want this justified because the fucking show portrayed them that way

• @SirBlade:

The pirate vs Knight episode was one of the more controversial episodes out of the show, they didn’t implement it so they could purposely piss people off.

How does that justify giving shotguns to pirates ? They could totally implement the class without annoying and strong ranged weapons.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

How does that justify giving shotguns to pirates ? They could totally implement the class without annoying and strong ranged weapons.

Rumpel you don’t understand
    good design requires thought and we’re far too busy to bother with any of that

let’s just throw stuff out there and if people don’t like it we can blame it on somebody else

• @BB:

Pirate guns nerfed, defense buffed, this is good

Its not a melee game. Its an expansion of a medieval combat game which had good melee aspects that were better than the competitors.

• @BB:

@lemonater47:

Its not a melee game.

shut the fuck up

I’m not even reading the rest of that shit
    I am going to save that quote though

@lemonater47:

Its not a melee game.

Well if it were a melee game there wouldn’t be any ranged weapons what so ever.

• @lemonater47:

That one too

@lemonater47:

Its not a melee game.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

@SirBlade:

The pirate vs Knight episode was one of the more controversial episodes out of the show, they didn’t implement it so they could purposely piss people off.

So how would you justify not having pirates without guns? That doesn’t make sense to me, Also pirate would still be the least armoured class in the game so making the least armoured class go against enemies in close range makes even less sense. The whole point of giving pirates guns were to give them advantages in an area to deal with their inadequacies in melee.

But hey you’ve got your regen now as a jailfree card whenever you get in a bit of a pinch and those nasty pirates shoot you 3-4 times.

I don’t see anyone complaining about the Knight even though the Knight has a very good ranged option for a melee character the crossbow can easily 1 hit even a slightly wounded opponent not only that it’s extremely accurate.

• Pirates are fine as they are. Good melee players as pirates are a threat. Though their low health and poor manoeuvrability doesn’t make them great at group combat. They are a threat in 1v1 combat however

• @lemonater47:

Pirates are fine as they are. Good melee players as pirates are a threat. Though their low health and poor manoeuvrability doesn’t make them great at group combat. They are a threat in 1v1 combat however

Any player can be good with any class given they’re skilled enough at playing that class, Playing as a melee pirate is just asking yourself to get pissed off, Ever since the patch I’ve been unable to use the cutlass or sabre. Because I’m still too low of rank so I’m stuck with the boarding axe and shank both of which frustrate me to no end using because it feels as though I’m in constant peril trying to get close enough to land hits on an enemy that obviously has overbearing reach enough to constantly push me back out of range where I’m vunerable again.

The Samurai is still fast enough to constantly just LMB spam you and bait you around till your dead and the only thing you can do is constantly parry and riposte stab here and there till they’re eventually dead but with LMB and stab being the only attacks that really seem to connect it makes your whole moveset seems very predictable and easy counter.

• Meh I loved the boarding axe and I’m actually finding the shank quite useful. Similar to the archers shortsword but a way better stab.

• @SirBlade:

Playing as a melee pirate is just asking yourself to get pissed off

A lot of good players love melee pirate

Which makes it really sad how some servers are banning Pirate because his guns are designed so shitily

• @BB:

@SirBlade:

Playing as a melee pirate is just asking yourself to get pissed off

A lot of good players love melee pirate

Which makes it really sad how some servers are banning Pirate because his guns are designed so shitily

Oh, I thought they had banned pirate because they were skill-less scrubs, who can’t handle fighting a class that can shoot them despite them not being overpowered in the slightest, and decided to ban them because they got shot a few too many times. Since there really is no other understandable reason for pirates to be banned, especially after this most recent patch.

• Even if they balanced Pirates ranged weapons,slowed the bullet speed so you can lead and good players should be rewarded more as pirates,you can’t actually see where the bullet is going,so you will use your experience and memory to lead a shot,as all archers must do on the first arrow with bow,but then you adapt and learn by watching the arrow,where it goes,where it hits,how far from the enemy it went,how much distance it can cover,how much you have to adjust your aim on the second shot to hit a enemy you missed,from which angle is better to aim and so on….if torn banner slows the bullet speed to a slower one pirates will be struggling against a huge luck factor,which can’t be reduced at longer ranges.Imagine medium long ranged fights between 2 archers that can’t see where their arrows went. What i want to say is that those ranged weapons are supposed to have a fast bullet speed to avoid what i mentioned earlier otherwise i don’t really know how they could be fun to use,but at the same time they don’t fit very well in the game to the point you can see a pro pirate and a newbie pirate shooting.
    We will see how torn banner will deal with this,i think i can offer them some ideas if they ask to me or the community,i’m going to sleep now,good night guys :)

• Why not just replace the blunderbuss with a flintlock musket instead, Make it a very heavy hitting ranged weapon like the heavy crossbow out of CMW.

• @SirBlade:

Why not just replace the blunderbuss with a flintlock musket instead, Make it a very heavy hitting ranged weapon like the heavy crossbow out of CMW.

I think a flintlock musket would be a bit redundant with the pistol in place, but could perhaps serve as a more sniper-ish weapon, perhaps with an even longer reload time than the blunderbuss. The blunderbuss has its own unique aspects as it stands, and I don’t think removing it entirely is ever going to be a good idea.