Spartan Swings

• Are not swings, they are overhands. Was chilling with the draw chasers and noticed that i can’t lmb under a bridge or low ceiling corridors without hitting the top. with lmb. Lmb. The swing left and right button.

I could understand if the class itself had some sort of movement limitation with armor or something, but the spartan is practically naked with a shield that can easily be moved for swings. It’s not a huge deal, but it’s weird.

Is there a reason for it? Or is it just there because why not?

• Use the alternative swing from the left. That one is an actual swing.

• Spartan’s core fighting mechanic is to be a 1v1 fighter, being the worst at 1v2
    all of his moves are basically designed to attack 1 person and only 1 person at a time

don’t ask me why, I have no idea
    maybe just to make an interesting class?

either way, I have no idea what the Spartan gets for being the shittiest at 1v2

• Really? You’re talking about their swords, right? I’ve never had a problem with that. I tend to use their alternate attack, the forward thrust attack, when I’m in a tight space, but I’ve never found myself hitting a low ceiling or bridge. I mean, if you have a problem, try using the Spartan’s alternate attack. Maybe that will work.

• Ahh but in 2v2 they are very good.

And they are a great class for target switching. So you can fight more than one enemy as long as you do that.

Or just use the sarissa.

Spartans are very good in groups.

Though I did see the best failed phalanx today. 3 team LTS Spartans, Vikings and ninjas. 8 ninjas and Spartans and 5 Vikings. They were there in a line as we came to them and we screamed and yelled at each other for a bit. We finally decided to charge in when we saw the ninjas sneaking up behind them. We all thought we’d hang back a bit and battlecry some more as the ninjas stealthily ripped apart the spartan line. We charged in but the 5 seconds it took us to get there half the Spartans had died. No spartan got a single kill that round and the Vikings managed to win too it ended up 1 Viking vs the 3 derpiest ninjas ever. And he killed them all.

I think the reason for it is because they don’t have an actual overhead. So they sorta got this mix. A 45 degree swing instead.

• erh. Spartan with a Dory spear is probably one of the classes that have the easiest times fighting 1vs2. 1 Dory throw hit and 1 shield bash, and the first guy is down all ready. Heck, if it’s a ninja you don’t even need the shield bash.

• @lemonater47:

Though I did see the best failed phalanx today. 3 team LTS Spartans, Vikings and ninjas. 8 ninjas and Spartans and 5 Vikings. They were there in a line as we came to them and we screamed and yelled at each other for a bit. We finally decided to charge in when we saw the ninjas sneaking up behind them. We all thought we’d hang back a bit and battlecry some more as the ninjas stealthily ripped apart the spartan line. We charged in but the 5 seconds it took us to get there half the Spartans had died. No spartan got a single kill that round and the Vikings managed to win too it ended up 1 Viking vs the 3 derpiest ninjas ever. And he killed them all.

How good was it! That is my favourite moment in C:DW to date. Spartans all arrogant taunting us poor Vikings, and didn’t realise a herd of Ninja sneaking up on them. LOL.

• @Hitom:

erh. Spartan with a Dory spear is probably one of the classes that have the easiest times fighting 1vs2. 1 Dory throw hit and 1 shield bash, and the first guy is down all ready. Heck, if it’s a ninja you don’t even need the shield bash.

He means in melee. For example one catches you off guard and he has a friend close behind so you don’t have time to throw your spear.

• @Krouton:

Really? You’re talking about their swords, right? I’ve never had a problem with that. I tend to use their alternate attack, the forward thrust attack, when I’m in a tight space, but I’ve never found myself hitting a low ceiling or bridge. I mean, if you have a problem, try using the Spartan’s alternate attack. Maybe that will work.

This do not make “Spartans have weird swings” untrue. As it is now they have two overheads and a stab ( with the kopis and falcata). If it where up to me I would make the lmb a typical 180 degree swing, the alt would be the overhead and a stab ( your other attacks are shield bash and alt). It just makes no sense as to why we do not have a single “normal” attack unless you use the first sword.