[Suggestion] Keybinds for 'Throw'

• Here’s a grand idea: Instead of having two separate keybinds for the different throws (quick throw, throw…), why not just use quick throw as the normal keybind and hold your alternative attack key(alt) and press the same key for quick throw in order to do the ‘normal’ throw.

Just an idea, have at talking about how great of an idea this is.

• I’m happy with how it currently works, thank you.
    Just rebind G to C and all is good.

• The point is there are so many keys to bind and having too many can be frustrating for some people. I don’t have one of those cool extra key USB plug-in’s…it kind of sucks. Right now I use a 3rd party program to force the combination press of two keys to equal another key. Works a whole lot better than having the two separate keys to do virtually the same thing.

• Seems fair enough.

Question though, for what is the “G” button actually used? I only noticed shield toss. I know that flaming rum and shuriken can be tossed with it but they can be tossed by pressing 2 just as well so what is the point in having a whole button just to toss shield. Wouldn’t it make sense to make it that you toss it with the normal throw button but only when you’re currently actively shielding, eh?

• +1

this is how it originally worked when quick throw was bound to 2

• @Martys:

Seems fair enough.

Question though, for what is the “G” button actually used? I only noticed shield toss. I know that flaming rum and shuriken can be tossed with it but they can be tossed by pressing 2 just as well so what is the point in having a whole button just to toss shield. Wouldn’t it make sense to make it that you toss it with the normal throw button but only when you’re currently actively shielding, eh?

To be honest Martys, I believe what you mentioned is indeed the only things that can be thrown with the quick throw. Which is why it seems obvious for TBS to just combined the two keybinds into the same. Then it could be ‘throw’ and ‘alternative throw’. I’m overwhelmed by the amount of keys you have to bind for DW. I’m sure there are a few casuals(which is seemingly what they’re trying to attract) would appreciate if it wasn’t so complicated when it comes down to how many keys you have to bind to actually play.

Maybe I’m exaggerating…either way the throw keybinds have really been a pain for me lol

• Bindings=(Name="G",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_QuickThrow",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag="KBFlag_Weapon",FriendlyName="QuickThrow")

Bindings=(Name="G",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_ThrowAttack",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag="KBFlag_Weapon",FriendlyName="QuickThrow")

Put this in the CDWGame.ini in C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\Chivalry Deadliest Warrior Beta\CDWGame\Config to the other binds at the end of the file. Quickthrow with G, Throw with Alt + G. You can change G to whatever you want. If you change something in the ingame keybind menu it will probably mess this up again. So after you edited the file manually do not change anything in the keybinds ingame.