Some Issues with Damage calculation

• First thing is that Straight sworded stabs are quite weak. I almost feel like the Ninja sword should have a way better stab than the katana and the norse sword stab is pretty weak too, compared to the swings. All sword stabs I think are below 40 damage on headshots.

Secondly, getting hits in the red zone rarely matters for some of the weapons. Having a Weapon do 38 damage in the red zone and 35 damage in the green means you have to hit the target 3 times either way. So there isn’t much incentive to try and hit the red zone.
    Take the ninja sword overhead swing, 48 damage red zone on the chest, 38 damage on the green zone. 3 hits either way.

Thirdly, some weapons currently, have odd zone layout, for example the pirate boarding axe has a red zone way to the right of where you look, so looking at your target and hitting will get you green hits with the swing. I think in general that blue zones should be for out of your view hits, green on the sides of your view and red is the middle of your screen, to me that makes sense, but I may be alone on this?

• stabs have always done the least amount of damage, unless the weapon is an explicitly stabbing type weapon
    this is because stabs have the fastest windup and the longest reach

as for the tracers, yeah they’re pretty shitily colored right now, I’m sure TB will look at them more closely

• Sure however, the difference is pretty remarkable now.

• @KittyKitsune:

First thing is that Straight sworded stabs are quite weak. I almost feel like the Ninja sword should have a way better stab than the katana and the norse sword stab is pretty weak too, compared to the swings. All sword stabs I think are below 40 damage on headshots.

I don’t even mind, seeing how some people use the stabs I am glad they don’t get as much reward as they do in MW.

@KittyKitsune:

Thirdly, some weapons currently, have odd zone layout, for example the pirate boarding axe has a red zone way to the right of where you look, so looking at your target and hitting will get you green hits with the swing. I think in general that blue zones should be for out of your view hits, green on the sides of your view and red is the middle of your screen, to me that makes sense, but I may be alone on this?

Man, try the bambi spear slash, that thing doesn’t make any sense. Hopefully TB will have a look at the tracers for some weapons. As a general rule, alternate overheads have the red zone larger and better placed, possibly at the cost of beeing 0.2 slower.

• @KittyKitsune:

Take a look at the Bo staff. The best damaging attack on that is the stab. Why? The other swings have retarded tracers and for some reason you only get hits in the blue area. The red, blue, green are all mixed into each other. I have NO idea what happened.

• Damage does not immediately drop between red and green. Red is maximum damage all the way, blue is minimum damage, green scales depending on how close it lands to red.

• Meh, personally I’m fine with green and red damage requiring the same amount of hits. I understand what TB are trying to do with scaled damage (removing some of the weird exploitation attacks from MW), but I don’t necessarily think coloured tracers add all that much.

• @SlyGoat:

Damage does not immediately drop between red and green. Red is maximum damage all the way, blue is minimum damage, green scales depending on how close it lands to red.

Which is fair enough, I merely mean to say that maybe the damage drop off in green and blue zones in particular should drop off a little more.

• @SlyGoat:

Damage does not immediately drop between red and green. Red is maximum damage all the way, blue is minimum damage, green scales depending on how close it lands to red.

Oh. Well that is nice, imo. No wonder spear damage barely differs if you hit them with the green tracers.

• @KittyKitsune:

@SlyGoat:

Which is fair enough, I merely mean to say that maybe the damage drop off in green and blue zones in particular should drop off a little more.

If you hit with the least damaging end of the green tracer, it’ll do 65% for a stab or 50% for a slash. Blue does 50% for the entire tracer.

• I see, guess that makes a lot of sense. Is the places which are blue and green subject to change, a lot of the weapons’ red zones feels off to me, almost always on the backswing.

• @KittyKitsune:

I see, guess that makes a lot of sense. Is the places which are blue and green subject to change, a lot of the weapons’ red zones feels off to me, almost always on the backswing.

We’re working on it.