How do you justify giving better armor to pirates?

• And not ninjas? Considering one spends the majority of time at range the other being at melee range? They’re both roughly equal in terms of melee. And one can heal on C.

• They nerfed the guns
    Do you not read patch notes?

• Their ranged combat has been made worse so their melee was buffed a bit to compensate. But yeah, I agree that this puts the ninjas behind yet again. If pirates have guns, ninjas should really have more of an advantage in close than slightly higher speed and a not-particularly-useful roll.

• Pirate speed was also reduced so Ninja is the uncontested fastest class.

• So running around blundershitting everything like an opportunist is a viable way to win?

@BB:

They nerfed the guns
    Do you not read patch notes?

Changes nothing. Pistols are still decent if you can land a hit and blunderbuss is a clear upgrade to it because it’s much easier to hit with it. It’s enough to even the odds in melee.

@SlyGoat:

Pirate speed was also reduced so Ninja is the uncontested fastest class.

I don’t see how the difference in movement speed between the two makes them any different in melee. I get just as much luck with either of them and I don’t even notice the speed difference. I can’t wait to unlock the cutlass! It’d be so much easier. Like a fatter ninja!

• @omg87:

Changes nothing.

no I’m pretty sure it changes guns

@omg87:

I don’t see how the difference in movement speed between the two makes them any different in melee.

you can’t see the difference in movement speed but you can see the difference in defense?

• The difference in defense was the first thing I noticed. I die on average to 3 hits as a pirate VS 2 as a ninja. With that said, I’d really love for one of those nifty damage charts Martin/Knil made for MW.

• Pirates aren’t that good skirmishers, but they are too accurate with their pistols. They are an odd class that mainly just bothers people I think, they aren’t that fun to play either, the pistol is almost better when you don’t aim it.

• @KittyKitsune:

The pistol is almost better when you don’t aim it.

Umm…what?

• @KittyKitsune:

Pirates aren’t that good skirmishers, but they are too accurate with their pistols. They are an odd class that mainly just bothers people I think, they aren’t that fun to play either, the pistol is almost better when you don’t aim it.

Pistols are accurate, but have a delay between shots greater than what I’ve noticed for say, the bow (though I might be wrong on that). They also can’t one-hit you anymore to my knowledge, and if you have a shield or are a tanky class will be lucky to kill you in 2-3 shots. The amount of time this takes is ridiculous, and always enough time for your opponent to seek cover or close the gap (depending on distance). Also, how can anything be “almost better when you don’t aim it”? If you don’t aim it, you have almost no chance to hit unless its point-blank, and even then a player who knows how to aim is always going to hit more often with a weapon that fires a single projectile.

Pirates are fun to play. Though they are I think my least-played class so far. There is fun to be had in the rare headshot from 200 feet away against an enemy in melee, though the vast majority of the time you won’t be getting that. Or in shanking an enemy player to death who thought he could take you in 1v1 simply because you’re a pirate (does not work if the pirate in question knows how to parry and attack and such).

• They aren’t that accurate. I had about 6 of them miss me at 5 metres as I was charging towards them as a samurai. And they were standing shoulder to shoulder as it was a ramp I had to go up. I laughed myself to death. The 10 pointy things they had didn’t help either.

• @lemonater47:

They aren’t that accurate.

they are

• @BB:

@lemonater47:

They aren’t that accurate.

they are

Bows and crossbows are more accurate. In fact any other ranged weapon is more accurate and some do more damage.

With the pistole you can’t even predict where your shot will go.

• @lemonater47:

Bows and crossbows are more accurate.

All ranged weapons become inaccurate when moving, and become nearly perfectly accurate when crouching

tidbit: Pistol is more accurate crouching than standing up while looking down the sights, crouching and looking down the sights doesn’t seem to be any more accurate than just crouching

• @KittyKitsune:

Pirates aren’t that good skirmishers, but they are too accurate with their pistols. They are an odd class that mainly just bothers people I think, they aren’t that fun to play either, the pistol is almost better when you don’t aim it.

What?

Pistols are pretty accurate for the most part, but it’s harder to hit anything because it’s 1 pellet (duh) vs… whatever the pellet count is for the blunderfuck. It’s just as hard to hit something with a crossbow. Because it’s 1 pellet.

Why the hell should I take a pistol over a blundershit anyway?

And they are pretty decent at melee. Especially if you take the time to unlock the swords. Then they turn into fat ninjas.

• Well it all depends on if you want to kill your target or tickle him. Pistole for killing blunderbuss for tickling.

• @omg87:

Why the hell should I take a pistol over a blundershit anyway?

At the moment? Self respect

if you don’t got that then there’s absolutely no reason why you shouldn’t take the weapon that is easier to get hits with, do massive amounts of group damage, and do massive amounts of single target damage(still able to 1 shot all the classes)

• Under very rare circumstances. Or if you are an idiot.

• @lemonater47:

Under very rare circumstances.

A player with aim using a Blunderbuss

• @BB:

@lemonater47:

Under very rare circumstances.

A player with aim using a Blunderbuss

With luck.

Everyone knows its harder to hit someone close range than long range. Especially if they are trying to avoid you and kill you.

Its no longer a shotgun at that range. Its like trying to hit someone with the pistole.