Class Matrix

• Herro, I am trying to make a matrix over the different traits that the classes has, to better help have an overview of what they are generally capable off. Thought I would share it with everyone, and perhaps I would get some feedback on it, and eventually end up with a little info picture that would be genuiently helpful for picking classes and discussing meta.

• Why is “Stabbing Secondary Weapon” a trait?

• @Daiyuki:

Why is “Stabbing Secondary Weapon” a trait?

Because apparently the spartan can’t stab with his secondary weapons.

He also doesn’t think the sarissa is held in 2 hands.

If it was done right the spartan would be A 7 also.

• I guess this is supposed to give us some sort of idea that spartan is behind other classes.

But note that the sarisa is actually held in both hands and has incredible reach, I’d go so far and say it’s the best weapon in spartans’ primaries, next to javelin for those that are good at tossing.

Also to note DW’s stabs are weaker overall compared to MW. The spartans’ swords can stab just fine, though they might not look like so.

You could also add sick shield bash trait.

• You can call the shield bash a heavy blunt weapon.

Overall the spartan will have a score of 8 then if done correctly.

• A lot of presumptious comments, that I try to understand. Perhaps you could be slightly more constructive in your feedback but never the less I will try to correct my errors, I am sorry if it seems like I am saying the spartan is weak, I play the spartan a lot and enjoy the overhead stabs on the dory.

I for some reason remembered the spartan stab to be a shield bash variant, I see that I was wrong about that. An error on my part, i humbly apologise.

I replaced the errornous Stabbing Secondary weapon with long reaching stabbing weapon, in my mind the pole weapons can swing, the sarrisa can only stab

@lemonater47:

You can call the shield bash a heavy blunt weapon.

Overall the spartan will have a score of 8 then if done correctly.

I think all the shield bashes do 30 damage no matter where you hit, atleast when i tried it it made no difference it also only have a red zone. I don’t know how it’s damage is calculated.

Believe it or not, I actually want to help make deadliest warrior chivalry a good game and make the discussion productive. So if you can be more spesific about what you dislike about the matrix here, I would be more than happy to make it better and more useful.

The picture has been updated.

• @Martys:

You could also add sick shield bash trait.

I would call it duel wielding before calling it a trait.

@lemonater47:

You can call the shield bash a heavy blunt weapon.

While the shield does “blunt” damage. I would hesitate to call 23/30 (with spear/with sword) “heavy”.

Also, good job Kit! I flippin love graphs.

P.S. We totally have a 2 handed weapon :-P

• Very good and now I created a very relevant pie chart to demonstrate something totally relevant to the game.

As you can see my thallus is indeed 90% better than yours and that’s indispuatable because of maths and science.

• How much time did you spend doing this?

• 2H pole - you forgot sarissa

• @rumpelstiltskin:

How much time did you spend doing this?

Still spending time on it. Evidently. Would you make me to make some more shades of colour to keep your attention fixed? Or is there something else you’re particularly unhappy with? Perhaps I should download a new font or Emboss the grid.

@Sol:

2H pole - you forgot sarissa

No, I merely put it as a long reaching melee weapon, while it is 2 handed, it doesn’t function anything like a long sword or 2 handed axe. Those are good crowd control weapons, the sarrisa is not. I could perhaps rename 2H Pole to crowd control weapon, if that would please you more.

• @KittyKitsune:

No, I merely put it as a long reaching melee weapon, while it is 2 handed, it doesn’t function anything like a long sword or 2 handed axe. Those are good crowd control weapons, the sarrisa is not. I could perhaps rename 2H Pole to crowd control weapon, if that would please you more.

I think you should put it in the 2 handed category. The problem with the sarrisa is that while being two handed it doesn’t operate like others. It has no swing to speak of, only pokes. However, it still has great reach and makes the shield unusable. So yeah, just throw it in the 2 handed category.

• Ninja can dual wield now? how?

• Have you even played all the classes?

1. Spartans can throw their spears.
    2. Ninja can’t dual wield.
    3. Samurai have 3 different long reaching melee weapons.
    4. Ninja have an AoE weapon?

• @Hitom:

Ninja can dual wield now? how?

Ninja gets ‘two’ claws.

You forgot about the Viking’s spear, which should count as a 2-handed pole weapon. That thing is rape with the viking’s speedy stab combos.

• @Citizen:

@KittyKitsune:

I think you should put it in the 2 handed category. The problem with the sarrisa is that while being two handed it doesn’t operate like others. It has no swing to speak of, only pokes. However, it still has great reach and makes the shield unusable. So yeah, just throw it in the 2 handed category.

You’re right, and I will.

I will change the long reaching weapon to be a crowd control melee weapon trait insted.

@Oy:

@Hitom:

Ninja can dual wield now? how?

Ninja gets ‘two’ claws.

You forgot about the Viking’s spear, which should count as a 2-handed pole weapon. That thing is rape with the viking’s speedy stab combos.

Good point.

Updated the image.

• minor error, you spelled Kama as “kuma (bear)”…

• I like bears okay ;__;

• @Ozkaros:

Ninja have an AoE weapon?

The blind powder can hit more than one person and the smoke bombs drain stamina of anyone in the area of effect (aoe).