Add Mixed Team Matches

• If it’s already there, then delete this post I’ve just never ran into said match type.

To be clear, it would be advantageous and interesting for say a ninja to be on the same team as a knight for example.

• This is definitely already in the game, I find myself enjoying both types. Having everyone free to choose their class is good fun, but there’s something to be said about making a shield wall with a team of Spartans or having 16 ninjas all shushing each other too.

• Really what is the match type? I’ve done TDM and LTS but all of them are “class v class” specific.

• There is 6-team open-selection. And I also once had viking vs spartan vs open-selection teams. But I believe I never had 2 team open-selection. Not sure though.

• Any combination of teams/classes is possible. You can do pirates vs. pirates vs. pirates vs. ninjas vs. open if you want. You can also do open class selection with certain classes disabled.

• @SlyGoat:

Any combination of teams/classes is possible. You can do pirates vs. pirates vs. pirates vs. ninjas vs. open if you want. You can also do open class selection with certain classes disabled.

Haha, will the announcer say pirate three times or is once enough for him? Heh

• @Martys:

There is 6-team open-selection. And I also once had viking vs spartan vs open-selection teams. But I believe I never had 2 team open-selection. Not sure though.

There are servers that ONLY offer this gametype. Not sure if any of the official servers do it though, maybe that’s where the confusion is coming from.

• @Martys:

@SlyGoat:

Any combination of teams/classes is possible. You can do pirates vs. pirates vs. pirates vs. ninjas vs. open if you want. You can also do open class selection with certain classes disabled.

Pirates vs other pirates vs some more pirates vs moar pirates…

Vs derp pirates vs piratez.

• @lemonater47:

@Martys:

Pirates vs other pirates vs some more pirates vs moar pirates…

Vs derp pirates vs piratez.

Better that than playing pirates ten times at once as it is done with the legendary thingy.

PIRATES YA-HA-HARRR
    heh

• @Martys:

@SlyGoat:

Go to console

servertravel td-isle?numteams=6?class0=pirate?class1=pirate?class2=pirate?class3=pirate?class4=pirate?class5=pirate

addbots 1

Listen for yourself :P

• Maybe things will change as the game progresses, If we can’t get “knight (friends) + ninja/samurai (me) vs X+Y” back-to-back matches my friends won’t get it. Perhaps there will be more variety servers later. Thanks for the quick responses everyone.

• [Knights + Ninjas] vs [Pirates + Spartans]. Have fun vs the GUN PHALANX!!!

• @SlyGoat:

I think he’s asking if you can do
    pirates vs [knights & ninjas] vs [ninjas & vikings] vs [spartan & samurai] etc etc

And if not… WHY NOT?