New Update made the game sucky for me

• The second Deadliest warrior hit the steam store I bought it and proceeded to play it until the early hours, I thought it was incredibly balanced for a game so early in development; obviously there were a few UI bugs that needed fixing but I thought the game was overall well made.

Then this update came along. I wasn’t too fond of the announcer but I wasn’t really bothered. What I really despised about the update was the unlock system put in place. I’d spent hours mastering how to use the naginata and using nothing else, so now I’ve been thrown into the deep end with all these weapons i dislike and don’t know how to use properly. For me this is like having to kill people with a twig in order to be rewarded with something I can use effectively, but this is just a bit of Q_Q. I always hated how there was no team balance in the game so you’d imagine I’d be happy with this aspect of the update, nope. The team balance system would be great if not for the dumbass unlock system. Say I want to level my Spartan to unlock some gear. Unfortunately 5 other people with better computers than you want to be Spartan so you get to be the lone pirate who gets torn apart because he doesn’t have any decent fucking weapons to fight with. If not for the unlock system I’d love the team balance; with all available weapons I could at least plan out which would be best to hold my own with. The absolute worst part of the update is whatever the fuck happened to vikings. Not only can they tear you apart like a gatling gun at close range, but now they can also turn anyone with the smallest bit of health missing into a red mist from afar. I won’t lie I thought myself that vikings could use a small buff when I played before the update but I didn’t expect Torn Banner to turn them into fucking harbringers of death.

• @Saucey:

I’d spent hours mastering how to use the naginata and using nothing else, so now I’ve been thrown into the deep end with all these weapons i dislike and don’t know how to use properly.

There are 6 classes and a large arsenal for each one, and you’re complaining that one extremely specific setup has been locked. What are you wanting here, sympathy? Whose fault was it for only using one loadout this entire time?

• @Mockingbirch:

@Saucey:

I’d spent hours mastering how to use the naginata and using nothing else, so now I’ve been thrown into the deep end with all these weapons i dislike and don’t know how to use properly.

There are 6 classes and a large arsenal for each one, and you’re complaining that one extremely specific setup has been locked. What are you wanting here, sympathy? Whose fault was it for only using one loadout this entire time?

First off calm your shit, Don’t go bashing on the newbies. You could of been a little empathetic, Obviously you must know what it’s like to be a newbie at one point. The leveling system works just it’s a little on the slow side and you shouldn’t trust your ingame rank but the one on your profile only, That’ll tell you all the information you need to know as well as how much EXP you need for next level.

It shouldn’t take you more than 10 consecutive hours of gameplay to unlock all weapons with one class, Only class I haven’t mastered yet is Spartan but that’s a given seeming I’ve never been a huge fan of shields because it’s pretty easy to feint to power kick and kill a spartan.

• People who are one trick ponies would complain about this new unlock system.

• @SirBlade:

@Mockingbirch:

@Saucey:

First off calm your shit, Don’t go bashing on the newbies. You could of been a little empathetic, Obviously you must know what it’s like to be a newbie at one point. The leveling system works just it’s a little on the slow side and you shouldn’t trust your ingame rank but the one on your profile only, That’ll tell you all the information you need to know as well as how much EXP you need for next level.

It shouldn’t take you more than 10 consecutive hours of gameplay to unlock all weapons with one class, Only class I haven’t mastered yet is Spartan but that’s a given seeming I’ve never been a huge fan of shields because it’s pretty easy to feint to power kick and kill a spartan.

I don’t think that I made a particularly angry statement, I am sorry if it came across that way. But I’m still not even slightly empathetic about this “problem.” Consider it an opportunity to actually explore the game, which is what the beta is there for in the first place.

• The unlock system wouldn’t be that bad if it actually worked. Weapon unlocks are fine, but none of the helmets work.

And a rank based unlock system is not that great when ranks are bugged.

• @lemonater47:

People who are one trick ponies would complain about this new unlock system.

People who are one trick ponies love the unlock system, so they can swing all day as vikings. People who enjoy changing their play style hate it, as it takes longer before they can switch it up.

• I vote Kitty and Saucey need to duel too find out who is the biggest pony.