Play Chivalry in direct x 11 - 64 bit.

• Go here D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries

Swap the 2 file names round so steam starts chivalry in 64 bit instead so literally just swap the 2 files names over, now when you start steam it will start in 64 bit .

Open C:\Users\Marc\Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config

Open UDKSystemSettings .

Change MaxAnisotropy=1 to MaxAnisotropy=8 .

Change bAllowD3D9MSAA=False to bAllowD3D9MSAA=True .

Right click Chivalry in steam libray select properties open set launch options add -dx11 .

If you like using v-sync tab out of game then back in to avoid it sticking to 30fps .

If you struggle with fps just turn down graphic options still looks good much better than even directx9 with ultra settings no more jaggies ! .

Achieving 60-90 fps even on 64 player servers all graphic options turned up apart from detail mode at medium. 90 fps is the max in the unreal engine.

Not sure if anyone wanted to know all this but if it helps anyone… good. Took me long time to work out, due to the Artifacts direct x 11 was causing but these settings have now been tested on 3 diffrent Computers all with the same great results.

CPU - FX6300 “Piledriver” AM3+ Six Core CPU Overclocked @ 4700MHZ. Black Edition. 4 x 140mm fans (2xtop, 1xbottom,1xside), 2x 92mm fans (2xfront), 1x CoolIT Eco II CPU liquid cooling system (92mm). stable running prime 12 hours max temp 38c idles 7-9c
    MEM - RipJaws X 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-14900C10 (1866MHz Dual Channel). timings 10.11.10.30
    GPU - GeForce GTX480 MHz Clock, 480 CUDA Cores,900 core 2000MHZ Memory, 384Bit, DX11, 1.5GB Memory.(overclocked)
    Motherboard - M5A97 LE R2.0 AMD 970 Chipset, socket AM3+.
    SSD - Samsung 830 Series 128GB SSD. Arma 3 on here !
    HDD - 1 7200.10 500GB Capacity 7200 rpm, SATAII ST3500630AS ( RAID ).
    HHD - 2 7200.10 500GB Capacity 7200 rpm, SATAII ST3500630AS ( RAID ).
    POWER - Corsair CMPSU-850TX 850-Watt TX Series 80 Plus Certified Power.
    Optical Driver - Pioneer BDC202 Blu-ray Drive SATA, Blu-ray reader, DVD±RW.
    Case - Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl

• This is a useful suggested tweak which I have now running. I did not like the -dx11 although its quite ok.
    I put my dx11 back and everything is at low and false. my fps is 62 no drifting off that figure.

Firstly I copied the My games folder and pasted else square > rename B4change.
    Then made the changes op suggested which is very easy tbh.

very strange game tbh considering rig used here is a QX9770 - 8gig ram - gtx 580
    I have lots of socket 775 quad pc’s and Two 8400 systems. Their are other things in services that can be
    turned off to gain fps but have not looked into it. Back in the day you could download gamebooster
    that was a free program that made quite a difference and might do so in Chivalry if your after more gains perhaps. hobbyist/pc builder\gamer stomping grounds is ebay

• I tried what you suggested and I don’t see any visual difference.

There are some unclear things in your guide though, for example:

Go here D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries

Swap the 2 file names round so steam starts chivalry in 64 bit instead so literally just swap the 2 files names over, now when you start steam it will start in 64 bit .

What 2 file names?? All I can see there are “Win64” and “Win32” folders. Am I supposed to swap names those? because I did.

And how do I check if the “tweak” is applied successfully?

• If you have more then 4gig of ram and a 64bit os you should find it runs better as I do.
    even with dx11 left as is I get a better game but slightly smaller screen on my 19inch.
    with -dx11 my screen is fully used but I just got used to a slight boxed screen so left dx11 as is.

lastly to add I noted 3 crashes under 32bit chivalry in the last weeks, It might be the patches who knows,
    but using this 64bit method as explained by Marcrycroft427 the op my system has not crashed at all.
    playing for over 6 hours solid (bear in mind 64bit with 8gig of ram here now utilized nicely.)

• To see if it has executed properly, press play inside libray on chilvary and then hover over the taskbar Chivalry icon and it will report 64 bit d11.

With out a doubt it looks better, its running in dx11/64bit it kinda goes with out saying….

But i guess it all really comes down to peoples machines, i just thought people might find it interesting. ;)

• Do you swap the position of them or do you simply rename each of those files. Its unclear as to what you want us to do.

• I would not swap any of the exe files because if you over write the 32 bit with the 64 bit you will not be able to go back unless you delete that EXE and do a validation of game cache.

It would be better just to right click onto the 64 bit and Make a Shortcut. Then paste that on your desktop. You can do that with both Exe files, just make sure you rename them 32 and 64. You will probably have to remove the -dx11 in your command line if you run the 32 bit version.

Besides, I posted info on the 64 bit version a few weeks ago……

• Tried it and haven’t found any difference :/

• @OmmNomNom:

Tried it and haven’t found any difference :/

The difference is in CPU and Ram usage.
    32 Bit lower ram Higher CPU 2gig ram 50% CPU
    64 Bit Higher ram mower CPU 4gig ram 38% CPU

• I wonder if you can set it as a launch option in steam.

• You can set it as a launch option it’s : -DX11
    There have been optimizations made between DX9 and DX11.
    This link leads to an image which is taken from an article discussing AMD’s Mantle API which talked about the issues of how inefficient DirectX is because it has a lot of overhead.
    http://images.anandtech.com/doci/7371/DXOverhead.jpg

You can run the game in DX11 but it has stability issues and has not been well implemented in the program (zero debugging for it and whatnot).
    I’ve been bugging Tornbanner for months about optimizations which include:
    -Providing a functional DX11 client.
    -Utilizing multi-core CPUs beyond 4 cores.
    -Working with graphics companies AMD and Nvidia to get driver profiles for Chivalry.

But so far THEY HAVE GIVEN ZERO FUCKS and refuse to reply to any of my posts, PMs, and I have a thread about it in the ‘Ask TB’ section which has yet to receive moderator approval.

• Torn banner are very good at ignoring people.

• A very simple fix for me, was unlocking the frame rate.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3426

steady at 90fps with 11ms frame latency

• @SunBrethren:

A very simple fix for me, was unlocking the frame rate.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3426

steady at 90fps with 11ms frame latency

Lol even with 64 bit barely hit the limit and that’s just on citadel. The rest no I’m in the 40s and 50s. Which is fine really. Anything over that looks too smooth for me. Not real. And it doesn’t have many artificial graphics settings to help counter than other than motion blur.

• Any chance of short videos showing the difference in graphics?

• @gref:

You can set it as a launch option it’s : -DX11
    There have been optimizations made between DX9 and DX11.
    This link leads to an image which is taken from an article discussing AMD’s Mantle API which talked about the issues of how inefficient DirectX is because it has a lot of overhead.
    http://images.anandtech.com/doci/7371/DXOverhead.jpg

You can run the game in DX11 but it has stability issues and has not been well implemented in the program (zero debugging for it and whatnot).
    I’ve been bugging Tornbanner for months about optimizations which include:
    -Providing a functional DX11 client.
    -Utilizing multi-core CPUs beyond 4 cores.
    -Working with graphics companies AMD and Nvidia to get driver profiles for Chivalry.

But so far THEY HAVE GIVEN ZERO FUCKS and refuse to reply to any of my posts, PMs, and I have a thread about it in the ‘Ask TB’ section which has yet to receive moderator approval.

Gref have you tried this launch command for using more than one core? -USEALLAVAILABLECORES

• For some reason, both DX11 and 64bit (together and separately) tweaks give me red screen of death every time I leave the battle.

• Did a quick test, 120 fps less on AOCFFA-moor_p with DX11. Nope.