A slight concern regarding the mace

• As per the patch notes the Knight’s mace is 25% longer.

My cause for worry is that it’s actually quite fast (particularly the poke). Now playing other classes is fine, with spartans i have the slight edge (although barely), samurai on the same par level of poke and vikings a little less depending on the weapon.

The ninja however, seems to lose out. A few whacks with the mace and the ninja is done for. Equal speed and seems to have greater reach than most ninja weapons. or am I mistaken?

I don’t main ninja personally so a ninja expert player’s input would be helpful.

TLDR: Mace seems a faster and more viable weapon than a ninja’s entire arsenal now that is 25% longer.

• The sword and bo staff have longer range still.

• @lemonater47:

The sword and bo staff have longer range still.

I’d say the difference between the mace and the ninjato are negligible right now, The mace in it’s current state makes it a jack of all trades you seriously can’t go wrong with it. It’s effective against all classes heavy armoured classes especially making it a spartan and samurai bane but still does a considerable amount of damage on lighter classes making it a pretty solid choice it doesn’t sacrifice speed either like the Kanobo or Vikings hammer, I personally always use the mace on my knight with the crossbow but I’d say the bo-staff is a pretty fair comparison between the two the bo staff has speed and length but it feels gimicky sort of how the quarterstaff felt in CMW hence why I never use it on ninja I’d rather use the claws over the bo-staff.

• Ninja is the weakest class overall, pretty much any weapon puts him down in two hits.

I’ll however take a look at this make some testing comparing it to the blunt thingy Samurai have, the closest relalives to knights. I believe the mace should be slightly inferior to that since it’s a one-hander.

I just realised, in what do samurai differ from knights? They have weaker armor and a bit different weapons but what more? I guess they are there only for the lols…

Edit: Ok the kanabo thingy deals significantly more damage, they have more or less the same range and the mace is naturally slightly faster so that seems fine to me. The only problem is with mace’s poke which is way too fast to my liking. It doesn’t deal that much damage but still counts, eh?

• @SirBlade:

@lemonater47:

The sword and bo staff have longer range still.

I’d say the bo-staff is a pretty fair comparison between the two the bo staff has speed and length but it feels gimicky sort of how the quarterstaff felt in CMW hence why I never use it on ninja I’d rather use the claws over the bo-staff.

It’s because the Bo staff is shit right now because of its wonky tracers. I’m going to stress this again and again in the hopes that the devs will fix it. If you’re using anything besides the stab, chances are you’ll be getting 50% damage. Because the staff is blunt, it should be better against armored opponents. We won’t know until the tracers are fixed.

As for the mace, I don’t know why the range was increased. It is now a faster morning star. Why??? Knight arsenal is one of the best in the game.

• Mace is totally balanced. Making it 25% longer was a great move.

• @KONGEN:

Mace is totally balanced. Making it 25% longer was a great move.

I dont agree. Have you tried stabbing with mace? it’s too quick with that amount of range. I would always use the poke to begin a combo.