To anyone having crash issues since the last patch

• It would be very helpful to us in diagnosing the problem if you could navigate to Documents\My Games\Chivalry Deadliest Warrior Beta\CDWGame\Logs, and upload the launch and DMP files that correspond to the time of the crash here.

• I haven’t run into any crashes, but my framerate is very unplayable with a system that should be able to run any current-gen game just fine.

Core i7-3770k @ 4.5ghz
    GTX460 1GB @ 800Mhz
    Kingston 8GB blue edition memory

at around 30-40fps average on any setting C:DW is the worst optimized game I currently own. NS2, BF4 and even Crysis 3 run better. Is this problem seperate from the crashes or does posting the log for this not make sense?

• I don’t think I’m able to upload the launch files, They’re 106MB each and the DMP files are only from 370KB’s to 420KB’s? I’m not entirely sure what to do about it. Uploading the file via attachment seems to take forever and it’s still trying to process a launch file I uploaded 15 mins ago.

• @SirBlade:

I don’t think I’m able to upload the launch files, They’re 106MB each and the DMP files are only from 370KB’s to 420KB’s?

what!? Assuming DW has similar log files as MW, all files in the path listed in the OP for \Logs\ should be each below 1 MB, I think

• I will try to compile both my log files and my clanmates’ log files in the next day or so.

• Like seriously the size of the file is amazing I can’t imagine how anyones file sizes are smaller than mine, Why does it a vary so?

• Just crashed, dmp file added, the backup file is too large to have as attachment.

https://mega.co.nz/#!qsQ2QYjI!YJTfjxftAVziR-LsKR56xEq_19RRJjhH3gmhxX4NNSk

^ Backup file

• Haven’t had many crashes, but the game seems more likely to crash after I cranked up my settings.
    These are the two latest crash logs I had. One of the crashes happened just as the announcer screamed GODLIKE. Really scared me. :P

Updated with dxdiag-file.

• @B4RK:

These are the two latest crash logs I had. One of the crashes happened just as the announcer screamed GODLIKE. Really scared me. :P

Now that you mention it, I believe I mostly crashed when the announcer yelled or other loud sounds, may just be coincidende, but it’s a bit weird.

• Developer

Anyone who’s submitting dumps: we also need a dxdiag file. If you can post the .log files that would be great too; if it’s too large, just open it in, say, Notepad++ and copy/paste the last few hundred lines.

• Developer

Address = 0x63f3ebc5 (filename not found) [in D:\Steam\gameoverlayrenderer.dll]

Elturion or B4RK, can you also try with the Steam Overlay disabled? It’s showing up in the log for one of these crashes, and I recall reading something about it in the most recent Steam Client update’s change log.

• @CrustaceanSoup:

Anyone who’s submitting dumps: we also need a dxdiag file. If you can post the .log files that would be great too; if it’s too large, just open it in, say, Notepad++ and copy/paste the last few hundred lines.

Here is the dxdiag file, not entirely sure what .log file you mean, sadly I’m not really tech savvy :(

• Developer

That’s what you uploaded to MEGA, so it’s good. Thanks.

• @CrustaceanSoup:

That’s what you uploaded to MEGA, so it’s good. Thanks.

Ah right, cheers. Going to play without the overlay now, see if that fixes it

• @CrustaceanSoup:

Address = 0x63f3ebc5 (filename not found) [in D:\Steam\gameoverlayrenderer.dll]

Elturion or B4RK, can you also try with the Steam Overlay disabled? It’s showing up in the log for one of these crashes, and I recall reading something about it in the most recent Steam Client update’s change log.

Roger that!

• I hope that’s everything, If you need information I’ll post some more.

• Just got a crash again sadly. Adding the files. For some reason the launch file is just 28 kb this time

• Had one. Mine always seem to be while I’m turning…

Thats a shiteload of the same error over and over…

EDIT: oh ya, a dt. added that too.

• Only crashing since last update. Played ~10 hours before, no crashes.

Logs and Dumps attached.

Great game, hope it gets fixed soon :)

• Just had a crash.