1v1 arena…

• Please make a 1v1 game mode, where the winner stays and the loser goes to the bottom of the player pool. Everyone else waits for their turn and chats about the current fight or talks smack w/e.

A nod to the old upright arcade days, which most of you probably didn’t experience lol. The Jedi Knight series had this dueling server format and it was awesome.

This would be perfect for the “deadliest warrior” theme here :)

Thank you,

Ash

• You’re still thinking of yesterday’s generation. People don’t stay around long enough for these kind of things. You’ll get plenty of empty servers

• If nothing else, make it like MW’s duel servers but with a Chess ladder system managed by the server. You can even have official duel servers that keep your ladder rank and be a global thing (making for long term competition).

• Right on, Citizen gets it.

I believe good players would play, its a better format then the current duel servers, besides, the zerg fest gets old.

I also would think a format like this would be pretty easy to implement if you know what you are doing, utilizing small parts of existing maps etc, since all of these components already exist, just need to tweak the format out.

People like being competitive.

I prefer LTS over TDM, and watching 2 good players dueling it out is very entertaining in this game.

• have you ever done kendo duels?

it’s basically the same but it’s an honor system… so you don’t have to wait and spectate, you respawn but don’t duel again until a new one starts.

basically people line up on either side, 2 people go in and duel, the winner stays in the circle, and the loser goes and waits ouside of the line+circle… then the opposing line throws another player in. Basically the winner gauntlets until he dies. Once one team is out of players, the opposing side wins, then you could start a new one.

• @clayton-bigsby:

have you ever done kendo duels?

it’s basically the same but it’s an honor system… so you don’t have to wait and spectate, you respawn but don’t duel again until a new one starts.

basically people line up on either side, 2 people go in and duel, the winner stays in the circle, and the loser goes and waits ouside of the line+circle… then the opposing line throws another player in. Basically the winner gauntlets until he dies. Once one team is out of players, the opposing side wins, then you could start a new one.

thats a great idea, would make a good multi-team gametype too

• @clayton-bigsby:

have you ever done kendo duels?

I like this.

• Interesting, but how would you get to duel the player kicking butt if he is on your side?

• I like the OPs and the kendo idea.

• Good idea OP. I think that’d be a pretty cool system. Though, I do have to say I think Citizen’s modification makes it that much better.

• Just wanted to sign in to say OP’s idea is brilliant.

Citizen’s idea is not bad, but the whole point is to have a crowd gather and spectate ONE fight that’s ongoing while they wait their turn, like back in the days of Street Fighter 2 and Mortal Kombat.

It creates an epic atmosphere where everybody wants to knock off the king.

I wouldn’t even be opposed to a special ARCADE ARENA being built specifically for this mode. Like have it be very loud, and have the announcer have an Unreal Tourney style voice where he’s like “C-C-COMBO BREAKER!” when there’s a great parry. Have lots of neon lights going and stuffed animals and other prizes in the background. Have one of those machines that turns dollars into tokens. Maybe allow for you to use your opponent’s decapitated head as a skeeball on the skeeball machine. :D

• @ZombieRommel:

I wouldn’t even be opposed to a special ARCADE ARENA being built specifically for this mode. Like have it be very loud, and have the announcer have an Unreal Tourney style voice where he’s like “C-C-COMBO BREAKER!” when there’s a great parry. Have lots of neon lights going and stuffed animals and other prizes in the background. Have one of those machines that turns dollars into tokens. Maybe allow for you to use your opponent’s decapitated head as a skeeball on the skeeball machine. :D

This would fit DW pretty well, haha

• I do miss playing Mortal Kombat 1 and 2 for hours on 25 cents lol :)

• I really like all ideas presented. My only hope (concern?) is that like skilled players end up fighting each other with the occasional jump up from the noobish pool. I mean no one gets any better without playing someone who beats your ass (god only knows I’ve been handled more than a few times).