HotFix Fning up Configs… again...

• So I am guessing there was a hotfix, but I didnt see any info about it, no warning about it and again even with read only settings all configs get reset. Seriously, how hard is it to do an update and not mess with the player’s configs? Now I will be getting about 100 PMs about how to fix their games again and more players will be posting issues.

Thanks for an update that we know nothing about. I hope less is broken. Leave my configs alone.

• Update: after reapplying my configs, they completely removed all the button in the main menu. Thus all my configs will have to be redone line by line to see just what the devs did…. :hopel: :hopel: :hopel:

• Well to stop getting these PMs you tell all of them to back up their bloody configs so when it changes they can simply drag and drop to overwrite all the config files that need changing.

• It was the weekend and we did not release any hotfixes. Not sure what happened to the configs, but it messed with all of us.

• @lemonater47:

Well to stop getting these PMs you tell all of them to back up their bloody configs so when it changes they can simply drag and drop to overwrite all the config files that need changing.

Did you see what it did to my configs when I put my backups back in?

@Kimiko:

It was the weekend and we did not release any hotfixes. Not sure what happened to the configs, but it messed with all of us.

ugh… So we have no idea what happened or why? This is unacceptable.

• yeah my configs in DW are losing their mind as well. One second i’ll have them the way they wanted, then some phantom key will replace one of my bindings, and then i won’t even be able to select a new binding. Another weird thing is all the ones i cannot select an input for… they will have some key selected as the alternate binding. Sometimes i CAN do an alternate binding and not a regular binding, but each time i play now some key bindings screw up, reset themselves, change to things i would never select… etc.

It’s pretty bad. I don’t know about MW because i haven’t been playing it but DW is REAL bad.

• I haven’t been able to save any keybinds or video settings since the last patch.

• Backing up your config file does not always work.
    After my config file is reset when I paste back my config
    it still does not work sometimes. As mine are backed up
    after every session online of chivalry as a habit.

On one occasion a month back I was using the 64bit version
    and on exiting the game, a window was in the back ground saying
    installing chivalry for the first time lol?

My suggest would be if posible, could a .bat file be written
    that simply opens the file / files and simply write’s in
    your button configuration such regardless.

In other games it was just a case of double clicking that file
    and presto your buttons were back in place as before then
    of you go , regardless of updates etc.

Lastly why does the update often reset a players buttons and settings?
    I have not come across that in any other games when updating.

• @loin:

Backing up your config file does not always work.
    After my config file is reset when I paste back my config
    it still does not work sometimes. As mine are backed up
    after every session online of chivalry as a habit.

On one occasion a month back I was using the 64bit version
    and on exiting the game, a window was in the back ground saying
    installing chivalry for the first time lol?

My suggest would be if posible, could a .bat file be written
    that simply opens the file / files and simply write’s in
    your button configuration such regardless.

In other games it was just a case of double clicking that file
    and presto your buttons were back in place as before then
    of you go , regardless of updates etc.

Lastly why does the update often reset a players buttons and settings?
    I have not come across that in any other games when updating.

Failure and incompetence.

• @clayton-bigsby:

yeah my configs in DW are losing their mind as well. One second i’ll have them the way they wanted, then some phantom key will replace one of my bindings, and then i won’t even be able to select a new binding. Another weird thing is all the ones i cannot select an input for… they will have some key selected as the alternate binding. Sometimes i CAN do an alternate binding and not a regular binding, but each time i play now some key bindings screw up, reset themselves, change to things i would never select… etc.

It’s pretty bad. I don’t know about MW because i haven’t been playing it but DW is REAL bad.

A friend of mine had his DW keybinds completely messed during a patch or hotfix in the last week. Beside other things it changed party party to mouse wheel click. It was glorious duelling him, hearing him complaining via skype that he doesn’t seem to be able to lob his dori at me and seeing him exploding 5s later.
    I wonder wether it happened again. I think I’ll challenge him to some more duells this evening I think……

• Same… My settings have changed 3 times in 1 week… after hours of tweaking and running dx11 with 64 bit i had it running beutifully with 90 fps at all times… I even made back ups but when moving them back into chilvary and booted game they changed, wierd…

Getting a bit sick and tired of it to be honest, im now on the look out for a new game and diffrent development Team who actually finish what that have started, instead of ones not out to earn a quick buck.

This kind of gameplay had so much potential with diffrent scenarios, they could of gone on forever making great games but they moved on too quickly in my eyes, if they had made this rock solid people would be praising them right now, i wouldnt think the few tweaks even the community have made to make it run in 64 bit and directx11 and a little more input from them we would be rocking now and ALL be looking forward to the release of Deadliest warrior… but their is not a chance in hell i would buy a game from this team until they made Chilvary rock solid, like real MEN ROAR !!! x

• @Marcrycroft427:

Same… My settings have changed 3 times in 1 week… after hours of tweaking and running dx11 with 64 bit i had it running beutifully with 90 fps at all times… I even made back ups but when moving them back into chilvary and booted game they changed, wierd…

Getting a bit sick and tired of it to be honest, im now on the look out for a new game and diffrent development Team who actually finish what that have started, instead of ones not out to earn a quick buck.

This kind of gameplay had so much potential with diffrent scenarios, they could of gone on forever making great games but they moved on too quickly in my eyes, if they had made this rock solid people would be praising them right now, i wouldnt think the few tweaks even the community have made to make it run in 64 bit and directx11 and a little more input from them we would be rocking now and ALL be looking forward to the release of Deadliest warrior… but their is not a chance in hell i would buy a game from this team until they made Chilvary rock solid, like real MEN ROAR !!! x

Yep same here, I have tried to run both 32 and 64 with varing degrees of success and FPS. But what is really dishearting is that the devs have no idea what happened this week. No notes, no nothing other than Kimi saying it effected everyone. Well that is no excuse. I deleted everything chivalry from my computer last night, including the UDK development kit. I was that pissed off because I spent the last two days trying to get my configs to work. Worst part was, is that they didnt even hold, even with READ only. Then I deleted my configs and went back to default and as I adjusted in game settings they didnt hold even after saving them.

This is fucking ridiculous. One, we shouldn’t even have to radically tweak INI settings just to get the game to run smoothly. Those options should be available and adjustable in game. Most other games have far more options in the Video options than Shiv. Yes I am no longer calling it Chiv but Shiv because calling the game a prison knife resembles how I feel getting stabbed in the back by this game over and over…. But we should not have to spend hours tweaking and testing only to have all of that erased every single time even if you back it up.