Bad mechanics? or Faulty Engine?

• After keeping up with the kickstarter side of Chivalry
    I decided to purchase the game. Infact Two Copies for my lan.

After becoming stuck on parts of maps or weapons locking
    up after running into groups of enemies , alarm bells
    began.

Despite the forums with more then its fair share of complaints , then I went on to purchase Deadliest Warrior.

To this day I can’t decide if infact the Dev team(mechanics) were at fault or they just ended up with a bad engine to work with.

With the time taken and some of the bugs still active
    is it now posible that this game could have infact been
    much better and less buggy with the Quake3 Engine?

I am no expert at polls on sites to decide vote on either bad engine or bad mechanic.
    personally I’d go with the engine is at fault and it should be scrapped.

• Getting stuck on things is an unreal engine trait.

What is a bad mechanic and a good mechanic is a matter of opinion not fact.

• Having an invisible wall surrounding your enemies is a bad mechanic regardless of engine. And - like most invisible wall - not really a matter of opinion.

The opinion comes into play if we talk alternatives.

• LOLS…
    It can be both but this engine is capable of quite a bit but you need people who know what they are doing instead of still learning. Many mechanics in the combat system are simply retarded, Bubble, backstab bonus, sprint attack, dodge and health regen fixes that didnt need to happen. Then you have retarded balance choices like daggers parring mauls and super spam a bility! Spam = combo… laughable.

• You can realize pretty much anything you want with UDK, but you have to know how to do it properly

• @Evil:

Having an invisible wall surrounding your enemies is a bad mechanic regardless of engine. And - like most invisible wall - not really a matter of opinion.

Bubble was suggested by the community. And in that thread almost everyone who replied thought it was a good idea. I was in fact laughed at saying a bubble would be a bad idea.

So the bubble is a matter of opinion. I mean is anyone complaining about facehugging?

• @lemonater47:

@Evil:

Having an invisible wall surrounding your enemies is a bad mechanic regardless of engine. And - like most invisible wall - not really a matter of opinion.

Bubble was suggested by the community. And in that thread almost everyone who replied thought it was a good idea. I was in fact laughed at saying a bubble would be a bad idea.

So the bubble is a matter of opinion. I mean is anyone complaining about facehugging?

Please find that thread I would love to read it……

• @Retsnom:

@lemonater47:

@Evil:

Please find that thread I would love to read it……

Well there’s no ideas and suggestions forum anymore. It could be anywhere between February and July in the general discussion section and I have no idea what the title is.

It was when everyone was pissed off by facehugging.

Edit: viewtopic.php?p=108683

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12073

Found two threads about it. No real resistance against it either. Though ones more of a discuss all possible solutions for facehugging. Still can’t find the bigger one about it though.

• Out of all those pages which I just read, it was only mentioned 4 times, mostly by noobs that dont even post here anymore, out of all the hundreds of other suggestions and many saying to do nothing. They chose the dumbest idea and ran with it. Even in the 7 pages the bubble idea was shot down. ugh… One of the best ones was to add the arms into the collusion box. So many to try and test but lets do the easiest.

• @Retsnom:

Out of all those pages which I just read, it was only mentioned 4 times, mostly by noobs that dont even post here anymore, out of all the hundreds of other suggestions and many saying to do nothing. They chose the dumbest idea and ran with it. Even in the 7 pages the bubble idea was shot down. ugh… One of the best ones was to add the arms into the collusion box. So many to try and test but lets do the easiest.

Well arms in the collision box would make it clunky for different reasons. Worse. You would turn round and hit someone and be unable to turn any further. And they wouldn’t be able to move the other way either.

But yes there were other suggestions. One of which is in DW the new damage system. Though smaller. But it was full size till a month ago. And they still don’t want to let it go in DW.