[BETA] Fourcorners

• Howdy folks. This is just a simple little map I’ve been working on to familiarise myself with map making and UDK in general. I’ve never used UDK before this and it was a bit of a learning exercise for me. I also think that Chivalry is lacking in simple maps. The simplest one I can think of is arena, and even that has a lot of obstacles, traps, etc. Sometimes you just want to let heads roll without having to worry about hitting a tree or a wall or whatever.

The map is fairly simple, Agatha and Mason have two spawns each in four corners of the map beneath the big statues (hence the name Fourcorners). The idea is they leave their spawns and run into the middle of the map to battle it out. The big ring around the outside is meant for flanking around the fight and for filthy bloodsucking parasites archers to shoot from. You can fall off the edges of the central platform and you can also kick people into the death pit in the middle (SPARTAAAA and all that).

There are FFA, TDM and LTS versions of the map. There names are:

FFA - AOCFFA-Fourcorners_p
    LTS (new!) - AOCLTS-Fourcorners_p
    TDM (new!) - AOCTD-Fourcorners_p
    KOTH (new!) - AOCKOTH-Fourcorners_p
    Duel (new!) - AOCDuel-Fourcorners_p

Here’s a few screenshots I took (Or here’s an imgur album if you prefer http://imgur.com/a/7wvae#0):

Let me know what you think! Suggestions and criticism are welcome.

Check out the Steam workshop page for the changelog: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f … earchtext=

• Looks simple and fun, nice design idea.
    I’ll surely like this map provided it’s not too big or small in scale. ^^

• haha cool, i say add some kind of switch to destroy the bridges once everyonne is in the circle… THEN… SUMO!!!

• I’d like to make a quick video to demonstrate it’s size but I haven’t figured out how to get bots working yet. If anyone wants to help me test it in a few hours add me on steam here: [redacted]. I’ll get a server up and running.

• Sometimes the simplest of maps are the best. In AOC we created several simple box maps with ramps and several elevations. They were not pretty but a shit ton of fun to play and had great FPS

• Okay, the Steam workshop seems to be working now and I’ve uploaded it.

• Very cool. Can’t wait to play on it!

• Very big. Though I suppose it was only about 7 people all with a high ping as A. It was the only custom maps servers with players on at the tike in the world and B. It was hosted on your home computer in Australia.

Could scale it down a tad. I mean you would really need 32 players on that map to find people. Or all be archer.

• Bumping to let people know that Fourcorners is now in beta (see top post in this thread).

• All right!
    I haven’t played the map yet, but I’m looking forward to. :)
    Will there be differently sized versions of the map?

• It looks awesome! But I’m going to be so afraid of archers on that map.

• @B4RK:

All right!
    I haven’t played the map yet, but I’m looking forward to. :)
    Will there be differently sized versions of the map?

I don’t have anything like that planned,no.

@SavageBeatings:

It looks awesome! But I’m going to be so afraid of archers on that map.

Yeah, I’m actually thinking about adding another pathway from those ammo boxes down to the center part, maybe even just wooden boards laying across.

• Just a small update, added LTS and TD versions of the map. See the update notes on the Steam page for the changelog.

• King of the hill would be awesome on that map. Leave the hole in the middle but have a ring around the hole which is the “hill” area.

• @lemonater47:

King of the hill would be awesome on that map. Leave the hole in the middle but have a ring around the hole which is the “hill” area.

I’m planning to add KOTH but I was just gonna cover up the hole with the hill. I think I like your idea better though :P

• Update: Added KOTH and Duel game modes (see original post for map names).

• @the_jaz:

@lemonater47:

King of the hill would be awesome on that map. Leave the hole in the middle but have a ring around the hole which is the “hill” area.

I’m planning to add KOTH but I was just gonna cover up the hole with the hill. I think I like your idea better though :P

And/or have a small platform hovering above the hole! :O