Uploading maps to workshop and hosting them?

• I thought someone must have asked this question before, maybe they have, but I couldn’t find it, so I thought I might ask.

I’ve been following the instructions at:

https://tornbannerjira.atlassian.net/wi … om+content

and

https://tornbannerjira.atlassian.net/wi … m+Workshop

Unfortunately I haven’t got very far. I’ve tried to upload my map to the workshop but I get this error message: Error opening preview file. Make sure that the file UDKGame/CookedSDK/test.png is valid and not accessed by another program.

I’m not too sure why that’s happening, as I have double checked nothing has it open.

I’m also unsure about hosting my map, but maybe that will become clear when I get the steam workshop to work.

I don’t expect you to solve all my problems, but can you help in any way? Perhaps you can point me to another forum post?

• @NylePudding:

Unfortunately I haven’t got very far. I’ve tried to upload my map to the workshop but I get this error message: Error opening preview file. Make sure that the file UDKGame/CookedSDK/test.png is valid and not accessed by another program.

I think you just need to put your 512x512 JPEG preview picture in _CMWSDKFiles folder:

\Steam\SteamApps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\UDKGame\CookedSDK__CMWSDKFiles

Remember to change your “wsinfo_SDKTest” text file to match the name and format.

Mine looks like this:

$PackageDirectory "AOCSDKLevels_7B00B13C413B29D6D2E55CB64D880ECA"
    $Description "Gonna edit it later on steam"
    $Title "Cave Hideout - By Vesanus"
    $PreviewFile "CaveHideout.jpg"

EDIT:

Also for now, you shouldn’t upload your stuff. Devs are working on a hotfix regarding steam workshop (it is broken somehow, people can’t see it).

• Okay, thanks I misread one of the instructions. I put the image file in a slightly different place.

So can we not host servers with custom maps right now, as the workshop isn’t working?

• @NylePudding:

Okay, thanks I misread one of the instructions. I put the image file in a slightly different place.

So can we not host servers with custom maps right now, as the workshop isn’t working?

Yup, gotta wait for devs to fix it. People trying to join custom map servers now are getting error: Cannot communicate with steam workshop etc…

• Ahh good, I was wondering why there wasn’t many custom servers. :P