Idea: Make Ninja able to fly kick?

• Like this image for example?

I don’t really sure ninjas were using this flying jump kick…

But what if you draw up your fists? And when you run for like 10 seconds it will automatically be prepared to do a flying jump kick? Ofcourse it will be only for the ninja class.

Just see this as in medieval warfare (Vanguard class) he also can do this attack but then with his weapons.

The kick will do a 50% damage than with his fists. And ofcourse it is possible to block it, just like in MW vanguard class. It also will lose half of your stamina.

TL:DR, The ninja able to use a flying jump kick at opponents when drawing your fists and this technique can be used just like the vanguard in MW.

Good idea? Or a bad idea?

• Lol, only the knight has a flying kick right now :)

I agree with you btw. flying kick should be ninja and ninja only.

• I studied Bujinkan Ninjutsu for many years and flying kicks are simply not really part of the traditional Ninja moveset…

That’s not to say that Ninja NEVER used it (as that would be a rather large sweeping generalisation) but if Torn Banner are committed to historical accuracy I would personally say that the Ninja in C:DW need FAR better unarmed combos/combat.

For example, I know of several basic attacks that are fundamental to Ninjutsu which are completely missing from the unarmed fighting in C:DW (including but not limited to Shuto, Boshi ken & Kopu ken).

Similarly, the stances are completely wrong in C:DW. In Ninjutsu, we mainly use ‘Ichimonji’ as a basic foundation.

I personally feel the Ninja are a let down in this game. Do not get me wrong I have 230+hrs on the first Chivalry and this new one is soo soo much fun but I having studied Ninjutsu myself I am underwhelmed by the motion captured martial arts (or animations) of the class in general.

On the other hand, to me personally, the other classes feel tight.

• Also, just in my OPINION Ninja should have a faster run speed.

I know their swings are very quick to have to dodge, parry and/or block but the actual base movement speed is too slow compared to others.

When will the kick be fixed as well lol its been bugged since the first game!!!

• @hughythomas:

but if Torn Banner are committed to historical accuracy…

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha oh I enjoyed that. It’s a campy video game based off of an even campier show. Both of which I happen to love, but come on, do you think historical accuracy even begins to factor into their designs? We’ve got pirates running around like Jack Sparrow, vikings chucking everything they own at you, Samurai using iaijutsu in the middle of a battlefield, knights playing with crossbows…shall I go on?

• @Mockingbirch:

@hughythomas:

but if Torn Banner are committed to historical accuracy…

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha oh I enjoyed that. It’s a campy video game based off of an even campier show. Both of which I happen to love, but come on, do you think historical accuracy even begins to factor into their designs? We’ve got pirates running around like Jack Sparrow, vikings chucking everything they own at you, Samurai using iaijutsu in the middle of a battlefield, knights playing with crossbows…shall I go on?

Knights did extensively use crossbows.

• Uh no.

• @KittyKitsune:

No, not really. Crossbows were reserved for hunting among knights, although they were occasionally brought into combat (emphasis on the occasionally). It was almost always peasants that used them.

• @Khyy:

Uh no.

From my idea? Or are you pointing at a someone else?

But if you are pointing it at me, why the hell not? When using fists you wont be able to block weapons at all. So why not adding this? It would be perfect actually. Even in MW vanguards could do an assault attack with their swing when running. I just want it so it’s only for the ninja, gives you some maybe some chance when pulling up your fists. Just see this as an extra feature for the ninja.

• @Mockingbirch:

@KittyKitsune:

No, not really. Crossbows were reserved for hunting among knights, although they were occasionally brought into combat (emphasis on the occasionally). It was almost always peasants that used them.

Peasents never used crossbows, Can’t think of a single instance where they did, once the hand spanner was invented and you could load a crossbow on horse, knights used them extensively.