Please make slashes do less damage or something..

• After playing, i have about 142 hours in the game, and literally EVERYONE in the game just mashes their left mouse button. Hard to deal with? not necessarily, but seroiusly it’s so encouraged to just mash buttons making it a true hack and slash fuckfest every game. EVERY SAMURAI in the world just runs in and circles with slashes, even if it’s not the best attack for the situation. Every other class follows suit just mashing their left mouse button and running around. This game comes out in 8 days, competitive this game will be, but pubs are an absolute joke. EVERYONE literally runs around mashing their left mouse button and probably doing more damage than any of their other attacks would. I played free for all and only used slashes and damn i went about 38-18, most of my deaths due to projectiles, and it’s literally the best attack if you want to make sure you hardly ever miss, and score the most damage potential and get around parries. It’s low skill high reward kind of shit. It makes the game so arcadey and spammy i can’t even stand it. This should not be the way the game rewards people. You have a tutorial now, people know that more than 1 attack exists yet EVERYONE literaly everyone is just running around mashing hteir left mouse button and running in S formatinos, O formations, and figure 8 formations.

Am i whining? maybe, but as spartan vs. samurai we just tore them apart, and i just wathced how EVERY SINGLE ONE on their team would just run in and mash LMB over and over… stop, then start mashing again, teammates and all. It encourages team damage, it encourages very low skill, and it rewards this. It’s so silly and it takes a lot of out of playing the game at least for me. It looks stupid everyone slashing around, it becomes arcadey and spammy as hell, and it’s just awful.

Whine over. WTF!?

• I never understood why they made LMB the default attack for horizontal. They should have learned their lesson from MW. Everyone that begins the game uses the left click first. They should have made overhead the left-mouse originally and we would have a lot less players spamming LMB.

Humans are creatures of habit and if the first time something works (ie LMB spam), then many players would not consider other options (after all why use anything else).

Most players are not elite players/forumgoers. They will go with what is comfortable and easy. I reckon at least half of players don’t even know what alternate swinging is (they probably don’t have more than 2 buttons on their mouse).

• Samurai circle slashes because their weapons are so slow they can turn around while they slash.

• Players can strafe faster now, which makes straight attacks (stabs and overheads) harder to connect with. I’m slashing a lot more myself than I did in MW, because it’s necessary. I know it probably won’t happen, but I’d be happy if every class had their movement speed reduced by the same amount, closer to the C:MW foot speed.

• @clayton-bigsby:

and literally EVERYONE in the game just mashes their left mouse button.

how is this different from MW?

• @BB:

@clayton-bigsby:

and literally EVERYONE in the game just mashes their left mouse button.

how is this different from MW?

Are you saying that people are using slash in CDW as much as in CMW?

• Pretty much, I haven’t seen M1 spam to be a problem yet

• Vikings are the worst for lmb spam. Their attacks actually get quicker and the spam attack and hope for the best play style is rewarded.

• what if a missed slash just drains a lot more stamina then a missed overhead, and you have a longer windup for out of stamina slashes, I mean its not like there is much penalty for slash spamming for the slash spammer, they usually just don’t give a shit about blocking, combo’s or fainting. so why not punish him for spamming.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Are you saying that people are using slash in CDW as much as in CMW?
    @BB:

Pretty much, I haven’t seen M1 spam to be a problem yet

It’s about the same in FFA pubs, but I see a difference in LTS, and tbh I find myself LMB spamming more in DW specifically because it is harder to land overheads and jabs due to people so easily slipping out of the way. I think DW is too fast. It feels more like COD with swords to me.

• @Ozkaros:

Vikings are the worst for lmb spam. Their attacks actually get quicker and the spam attack and hope for the best play style is rewarded.

Pretty sure Vikings desync like crazy

@qlum:

they usually just don’t give a shit about blocking, combo’s or fainting. so why not punish him for spamming.

Why would I need help punishing someone like that?

• @clayton-bigsby:

i just wathced how EVERY SINGLE ONE on their team would just run in and mash LMB over and over… stop, then start mashing again, teammates and all. It encourages team damage, it encourages very low skill, and it rewards this. It’s so silly and it takes a lot of out of playing the game at least for me. It looks stupid everyone slashing around, it becomes arcadey and spammy as hell, and it’s just awful.

Stamina system is kind of a joke at the moment.

• Insane movement speed + misses being much less punishable is what causes this problem.

• This is what happens when they make the footspeed this fast. Even if you made slashes do less damage people would still resort to it because landing overheads or thrusts are so much more difficult.

• @Sol:

I never understood why they made LMB the default attack for horizontal. They should have learned their lesson from MW. Everyone that begins the game uses the left click first. They should have made overhead the left-mouse originally and we would have a lot less players spamming LMB.

Humans are creatures of habit and if the first time something works (ie LMB spam), then many players would not consider other options (after all why use anything else).

wow, this is a fantastic point and idea

• @5hassay:

@Sol:

I never understood why they made LMB the default attack for horizontal. They should have learned their lesson from MW. Everyone that begins the game uses the left click first. They should have made overhead the left-mouse originally and we would have a lot less players spamming LMB.

wow, this is a fantastic point and idea

Thanks man ^^