The Glitcher

• During me renewed adventures in Deadliest Warrior ive been running into “the glitcher” more and more
    “but Brave Sir Robins, what do you mean glitcher?”
    gather round the fire kids, and ill try to explain……

The Glitcher is that type of player that exclusively plays with weapons that have a long reach, and more notably in DW the knight with the hallebert.
    This player will charge at you holding his point of view at wierd angles (the guy i followed around in spectate for a good 15 minutes just had his vision pointed at the ground 95% of the time, only lookinfg at the target when he made an attack)
    This player will run around the whole time and tries to conceal his attacks by having his PoV at wierd angles (like described above) and “glitches” around ur shield or blocks.
    another beloved tactic is running away winding up an attack then quicly turning around to let his wound up attack land.
    a fight with the glitcher never takes long…i die within 10 seconds, unable to block. And i guess a better player then me punishes this glitchy playstyle within 5

i hope i have explained the glitcher, and im sure the more vetran chivalry players have met them on the field.

“But Brave sir robins, ur are just butthurt and come crying on this forum”

For a good part yes, your right.
    I cant hold up against these players and the mostly murder me in under 10 seconds.
    Im also not denying the skill it takes to pull off some of these moves, its clear that most if not all these glitchers are better players then me.
    Nor im i acusing them of cheating, its just a creative way of playing the game (and dominating)

then why this post?

I HATE playing against them becuase
    A: im gonna lose
    B:i cant find a reliable tactic against them…ussually when im in dual mode i try to play against better players then me so i can learn from them, with the glitchers i learn shit…i just die…their play style is so glitchy and wierd.
    C: i dont like the feel of the fight…that playstyle makes the battle feel so unrealistic (yes i know its a game) and a step back from the good tactical duels i normaly have.

on a last note this post turned out to be way long.
    ignore this wall of text if u hate reading (or man up and read it anyway)

• This playstyle drove me insane when I first started coming across it. I know it may be kind of lame advice, but just keep playing. The moves you’re talking about are actually fairly predictable if you know what to look for, especially the constant looking down (which is punished with lower damage in DW, by the way).

• I have felt your pain man.

What you are describing mostly is accelerating attacks, in which the person tries to hit you as soon as the windup ends and hitting a person with the handle in a “lookdown overhead”.

I have less sympathy for a person turning around to stab you, but hey, you will learn :P

Aside from practice, one good tactic for to you to try is let him hit you once (if its acc, it will not do much damage) then IMMEDIATELY after you get hit start a max damage attack. At the very least you will hittrade, and possibly do more damage than two of his weak swings combined.

You can do that, or just block a tiny bit before, he will be acc. his attacks and is unlikely (It may happen, but unlikely) to feint. If the attacks are comming too fast, keep strafing to his/her right to make the attacks hit later, just be careful of alts.

Funny thing is, I find dragging my swings far more effective :)

Ill stick something else in here later…

• They deserve feints so give it to them.

• The person you’re describing is usually someone who visited youtube one too many times. They see am actually good player accelerate their attack once and then they decide to look at the ground all day and be “good.”
    They’re usually pretty easy to kill since they have no real skill. Just go on the offensive and attack quickly, with their eyes on the ground constantly they barely pay attention to what their enemy is doing.

• If you’re still relatively new to the game, you can look forward to improving your reactions and ability to predict your enemy’s movement. You may awaken one day to find that this type of player is, in fact, fodder.

• Whenever someone uses an exploit/ something that’s weird, i just begin using feints and they drop pretty fast.

• Another option would be kicking them to disrupt there rhythm. It’s an unfortunate side effect of any twitch reflex game (CoD, BF4 etc…) that people will find “glitch” and use it to maximum effect. Key is to just find a way to recognize it and counter the D-bag. While I do not practice this kind of thing. It is very hard to fault them as “It is in the game”.

• Um, none of what you describe are glitches. Literally every single high-level player does these things because, well, they’re part of the game.

• @Flippy:

Um, none of what you describe are glitches. Literally every single high-level player does these things because, well, they’re part of the game.

I think what he is getting at is in the muddy water of glitch/not as intended/not the way it should be. I say muddy water because obviously this game isn’t real life. however, there are some really questionable things in the game that people use over and over that make it seem broken. You have players with the mind set of “fun is winning”, “play the game itself is the fun” and people in between. The problem is that the fun first guys see the win first guys playing for maximum potential outcome. This is a play style that inorganic or glitchy. There is no right answer here and while they may not be using a glitch in the strictest of definitions. It certainly does not look correct or looks “glitchy”. That being said, it is most certainly part of the game until the developers/community decides otherwise.

• word up! hopefully the newly “fixed” parry box has solved this at least halfways, well see

• @Citizen:

@Flippy:

Um, none of what you describe are glitches. Literally every single high-level player does these things because, well, they’re part of the game.

I think what he is getting at is in the muddy water of glitch/not as intended/not the way it should be. I say muddy water because obviously this game isn’t real life. however, there are some really questionable things in the game that people use over and over that make it seem broken. You have players with the mind set of “fun is winning”, “play the game itself is the fun” and people in between. The problem is that the fun first guys see the win first guys playing for maximum potential outcome. This is a play style that inorganic or glitchy. There is no right answer here and while they may not be using a glitch in the strictest of definitions. It certainly does not look correct or looks “glitchy”. That being said, it is most certainly part of the game until the developers/community decides otherwise.

I wouldn’t even use that argument, nobody should complain about the mechanics used within the game. Sure, there are some very weird, twitchy looking actions that look funky and questionable. Like reverse overheads, spins, drag stabs, etc. For example quick scoping was never intended to be a mechanic in CoD. But now it’s a trademark of CoD.

The game would be very, very stale after just a few hours if none of these mechanics were in the game, trust me.

• @filthypeasant:

word up! hopefully the newly “fixed” parry box has solved this at least halfways, well see

the new parry is shit… a guy lifts he’s sword to he’s face to parry while i swing at his foot…

the guy fucking parries my swing to he’s foot with a parry of the face… i saw the parry-spark and all… that is way too noob friendly… and before you say “check ping” or “beta” ill have you know the game is due 14th of november (5 days from now), we both had a ping range of 20-40, which is considered excellent.

that simply sucks… case closed… they broke parry

• @Jaggsaw:

@filthypeasant:

word up! hopefully the newly “fixed” parry box has solved this at least halfways, well see

the new parry is shit… a guy lifts he’s sword to he’s face to parry while i swing at his foot…

the guy fucking parries my swing to he’s foot with a parry of the face… i saw the parry-spark and all… that is way too noob friendly… and before you say “check ping” or “beta” ill have you know the game is due 14th of november (5 days from now), we both had a ping range of 20-40, which is considered excellent.

That happens in MW too and always has. If that wasn’t te case were one would be ruining around staring at the floor doing LMBs. Yes some people do look at the floor but they overhead.

• @lemonater47:

@Jaggsaw:

@filthypeasant:

That happens in MW too and always has. If that wasn’t te case were one would be ruining around staring at the floor doing LMBs. Yes some people do look at the floor but they overhead.

like zweitards and maulers?.. yes i am very found of those types… and ill have you know i have never made a clear swing at someones leg only to see it parried by the dude while he leans back, with the weapon close to 1 meter away from the target point and still gets a parry off… its stupid and very unrealistic, if the dude parries he’s face my hit to he’s leg should hit… he can prevent the hit by duck + parry… parrying a foothit while standing, making a parry animation that covers his face is ridiculous.

• You’re basically describing a player who relies on gimmicks and playing in third person. It’s not glitching, or anything like that, it’s them confusing you with their movements. There’s nothing wrong with that.

Personally, I can’t handle the ninjas that hump your leg while moving erratically from side to side and seemingly spinning their view around. But it’s a perfectly valid tactic.

• @Flippy:

@Citizen:

@Flippy:

I wouldn’t even use that argument, nobody should complain about the mechanics used within the game. Sure, there are some very weird, twitchy looking actions that look funky and questionable. Like reverse overheads, spins, drag stabs, etc. For example quick scoping was never intended to be a mechanic in CoD. But now it’s a trademark of CoD.

The game would be very, very stale after just a few hours if none of these mechanics were in the game, trust me.

i strongly disagree
    9 out of 10 times i fight persons wo fight “normally” and i find it much more enjoyable

having said that im not opting to remove these “glitchy” moves, i started this thread to see how u guys feel about it, and because i was bored.

also Citizen u hit the nail right on its head.
    english is not my native language (if u haddent noticed yet) and u worded what i ment perfectly.