Ninja can't roll during parry attempt - intended or bug?

• I remember in MW you could dodge as man-at-arms during a parry attempt, as a safety net againced feinting with their incredibly low health. Ninja’s seem to die even faster, but they cannot roll dodge during a parry attempt, making a single feint incredibly lethal. Is this an intended feature or is it an oversight?

• Definitely intended

Only difference between this and MW, dodge is disabled for both parry and parry recovery for Ninja

• @BB:

Definitely intended

Only difference between this and MW, dodge is disabled for both parry and parry recovery for Ninja

You don’t think that should change? I don’t think it made the MAA unbalanced in MW, and taking away the ninja’s greatest asset in compensation for their lack of shield and incredibly low health when the roll would be most useful seems unfair.

• @Borge:

You don’t think that should change?

I would like feints to work on Ninjas, yeah

@Borge:

I don’t think it made the MAA unbalanced in MW

MAA’s dodge was disabled for parry recovery, meaning Feints worked on him too

• @BB:

@Borge:

I don’t think it made the MAA unbalanced in MW

MAA’s dodge was disabled for parry recovery, meaning Feints worked on him too

Actually if you go play MW right now, you can dodge during a parry attempt or straight after. I am not talking directly after a successful parry in which case dodging would be counter-productive anyway.

• @Borge:

Actually if you go play MW right now, you can dodge during a parry attempt or straight after.

naw man just tried it
    Parry time is .5 seconds, parry cooldown is .5, and during that parry cooldown dodge is disabled

• @BB:

@Borge:

Actually if you go play MW right now, you can dodge during a parry attempt or straight after.

naw man just tried it
    Parry time is .5 seconds, parry cooldown is .5, and during that parry cooldown dodge is disabled

Parry cooldown yes, dodge is blocked it seems. And that is fair enough. But during the parry time you can still dodge when the parry animation is playing, in Deadliest warrior you cannot as ninja. I think this should change, so you have a short window during parry time to recognise it is a faint and dodging out of harms way as compensation for the incredibly low health and lack of shield. Seems fair to me.

• Honestly with how fast DW is I don’t think it would change anything

That said I wouldn’t be against it

• @BB:

Honestly with how fast DW is I don’t think it would change anything

That said I wouldn’t be against it

It changes plenty with the way i play, such as when you need to cancel a combo and dodge, since holding RMB does nothing in this game you need to hit it at the right moment to cancel an attack, usually you’re mashing RMB to make it happen as early as possible, often leading to a feint to parry, in this time you cannot dodge as you can in Medieval Warfare, often leading to death. There are other times when this is an annoyance. It should be changed to allow only during the parry period not the cooldown.