My ninja suggestion

• ninjas should have less hit points, they shouldn’t survive a sword throw at their chest or multiple nodachi hits same for pirate surviving a giant axe thrown at their chest. My idea is ninjas should get bonus back stab damage a high % like archer in chivarly medieval and less hit points. I believe this will help live to the ninja traits.

• Giving the Ninja a backstab bonus is a common suggestion, but also a bad one.
    Playing as a Ninjas, you’re already much more likely to get a free hit on your opponents behind thanks to silent footsteps and attacks. It wouldn’t make sense to reward sneaking up from behind even further.

• From a realism point of view pirate should have less health than ninja. As te ninja is wearing more armour than the pirate who isn’t wearing any.

• @lemonater47:

From a realism point of view pirate should have less health than ninja. As te ninja is wearing more armour than the pirate who isn’t wearing any.

From a realism point of view yes, ninja did often wear chainmail under their clothing. From a gameplay point of view, no, it doesn’t mesh with the direction the developers are going for.

• @lemonater47:

From a realism point of view pirate should have less health than ninja. As te ninja is wearing more armour than the pirate who isn’t wearing any.

More then a couple of comments have been made about it but TB doesn’t care. As Mockingbirch so implied, they favor pirates > ninja in every way. The stab is nice but you guys still need to fix the armor issue (maybe just swap them).

• @B4RK:

Giving the Ninja a backstab bonus is a common suggestion, but also a bad one.
    Playing as a Ninjas, you’re already much more likely to get a free hit on your opponents behind thanks to silent footsteps and attacks. It wouldn’t make sense to reward sneaking up from behind even further.

sneaking up isn’t the only point to it it would also benefit flanking and dodging in battle, and ambushing enemies who are focused on fighting one of your allies.

stabbing someone in the back who’s unaware isn’t too hard, but it’s more difficult to hit someone in the back who knows you’re there and maybe is actively trying to fight you

• @Arebasu:

@lemonater47:

More then a couple of comments have been made about it but TB doesn’t care. As Mockingbirch so implied, they favor pirates > ninja in every way. The stab is nice but you guys still need to fix the armor issue (maybe just swap them).

No, I in no way implied anything of the sort. Why would Torn Banner have any reason to favor any of their classes? This is a beta build, and is designed specifically to sort stuff like this out. That being said, the ninja does need a bit of a buff. Increasing their precision attacks was a good start, a little more and they’ll be on track.

• Ninjas can be pretty powerful. Some of their weapons can two hit Vikings without headshots. Vikings have more armour than Spartans. Ther weapons are very fast too.

• @Mockingbirch:

No, I in no way implied anything of the sort. Why would Torn Banner have any reason to favor any of their classes? This is a beta build, and is designed specifically to sort stuff like this out. That being said, the ninja does need a bit of a buff. Increasing their precision attacks was a good start, a little more and they’ll be on track.

It was semi-sarcasm; seriously it seems ninja buffs/weapons that are needed/warranted get ignored.

We don’t want a badass one-man soldier dashing through tree-to-tree (at leats I don’t), we want an efficient guerilla fighter that doesn’t get killed from a sneeze.

• post this recent patch, the ninjas are even stronger than they were. I already thought they were pretty good as they were with some decent players using them. Now they are so obnoxiously better it’s insane.

no more buffing the ninjas, people just need to learn to use them.

I had the hardest time figuring out how to play spartan, but i finally got the hang of it. Instead of saying the ninja needs more buffs and shit, learn to play it. Spend some more time using it and try something else than what you’re currently doing because it’s not working for you.

ninja’s are crazy good now.

what needs nerf is pirate armor, same hit to kill as knight is utterly silly.

• @clayton-bigsby:

post this recent patch, the ninjas are even stronger than they were. I already thought they were pretty good as they were with some decent players using them. Now they are so obnoxiously better it’s insane.

I had the hardest time figuring out how to play spartan, but i finally got the hang of it. Instead of saying the ninja needs more buffs and shit, learn to play it. Spend some more time using it and try something else than what you’re currently doing because it’s not working for you.

ninja’s are crazy good now.

what needs nerf is pirate armor, same hit to kill as knight is utterly silly.

This.
    People who think they have a good handle on what needs balancing with 10 hours and 1 week under their belt is completely silly, and you always have to take into account individual playstyles.

• @clayton-bigsby:

Agreed, I think they fit in quite well now.

• They pretty much do, but as stated many times;
    1. their armor oddly is poor compared to the armorless pirate.
    2. the chase mechanics ruin being an effective skirmisher (hit & run); you can hit & run all you like but that full armored knight will somehow catch you.
    3. people bring up the team idea (but same goes everyone); but many ninja performed solo, so that shouldn’t be a reliance.

• I main ninja, And I don’t believe anything has really changed. The games flaws and animations have been ironed out and the dodge and kicking mechanics are as smooth as ever excluding the bo-staff which doesn’t allow you to power kick as you’re moving forward. But hardly anything else has changed as the ninja.

The bo-staff is incredibly powerful but that’s only because of the bugged tracers, The ninjas are still getting destroyed when it comes to health and we got a change we didn’t even ask for nor need, Why the hell would you give a overhead and stabbing buff? Ninjas weren’t even the main abusers of the LMB attack yet you give us the incentive to use other attacks??? This wasn’t a buff we wanted or needed and there is a reason why backstab bonus is a common suggestion, Is because it’s exactly what we wanted.

None of the changes to the ninja which are very few compared to any other class are actually anything any ninja player has suggested, So why don’t they just give us the backstab bonus give us better armour on par with the pirate or better even and then that’ll be everything we’ve suggested.

90% of the ninjas in this game don’t know when to shut up and continue to spam the voice commands anyway so why have silent footsteps when all your team do is “SHH…SHHH….SHHH…SHHH…SHH…If you’re were any more inbred you’d be a sandwich” Like I get sick and tired and run off alone because I can’t stand being around ninja teams, They effectively make the ninja ability of silent footsteps void that and there are people who play in 3rd person anyway so why give a ability which can easily be countered by anyone using 3rd person?

• Maybe reverse the damage buffs and give ninja a more interesting buff like:

• extra backstab damage (not too much 10-20%)
    • higher jumps (and pull up their legs while jumping)
    • give them a charge like attack (stab from above?)
    • a camouflage ability?
    • art of drawing the blade, same as samurai
    • walljump or somersault
    • fix the roll momentum
    • maybe change the speed of the sprinting animation, it looks a bit like they’re floating
    • make ninja laughs echo around the map :D

and the bo staff really needs to be nerfed or the ninjato buffed, bo staff is a straight upgrade with better damage, better reach, same speed and attacks that are hard to detect, it doesn’t seem balanced at all.

• Bo staff is bugged at the moment making it do 100% damage all the time.

• i think some cool abilities would be nice, but please stop suggesting backstab damage, that would totally overpower ninja’s… and as i’ve said i think they are fine as is. I thought they were fine before getting buffed but it’s nice that they got a bit of one… but they seriously don’t NEED any more.

Some cool things would be 0 fall damage taken no matter how high they fall, they could basically be cat-like.

And maybe something like a wall jump would be interesting.

the rolls are fine.

• Why are so many posters here pro-backstab bonus? It doesn’t make sense, and it’s just going to provoke hate.

• idk but backstab bonus is a horrible idea, considering ninjas are already powerful. It will make them OP i tell you!

• @clayton-bigsby:

i think some cool abilities would be nice, but please stop suggesting backstab damage, that would totally overpower ninja’s… and as i’ve said i think they are fine as is. I thought they were fine before getting buffed but it’s nice that they got a bit of one… but they seriously don’t NEED any more.

Some cool things would be 0 fall damage taken no matter how high they fall, they could basically be cat-like.

And maybe something like a wall jump would be interesting.

the rolls are fine.

They have 100% fall damage reduction already, It doesn’t help in the scheme of fighting people though, The rolls aren’t fine. I’m sure it was brought up in another thread but the roll is bugged for the kama and claws the ninja rolls less distance with both those weapons, Buffing the damage of the ninja has never been the way to go currently ninja lack in these areas.

-No reliable ranged, I wouldn’t count shuriken as a good ranged option it’s a nice little utility but it needs to be standard not a secondary choice much like the spartans shield or viking shield they don’t choose the option of brining their shield it’s standard the ninjas should be the shuriken.

-Low health, This one effects me the most mainly because it’s self evident anyone can play the ninja and say that the ninja is ultra squishy, Spartans can effectively down a whole entire ninja team with javelins and dory throws.

-Bad weapon tracers, doesn’t matter how many patches there are it seems as though one thing stays the same the horrible tracers on the ninja weapons, The bo-staff was horrible pre-patch now it’s the meta for all ninjas, But then there is the kama which has a wonky overhead tracer.

-The claws still suck, I don’t know what they were thinking when they put them in the game, But the problem with the claws is the fact you have to be standing on your enemies toes and kissing them just to hit them, Most of the strikes I land with them are hardly ever intentional it’s all hit and miss, Just make the claws longer and decrease the parry recovery time, It’s still too slow for the fastest weapons in the game.