Ninja new moves, weapons and gear

• Hi there.

The Ninjars do less damage, they have less armor and are not much faster then any other class at the moment. So I think to even this out they need a big buff in mobility.

I think they need a way to reach places the other classes cant reach to avoid the frontal fights with knights etc.
    My suggestions:
    A grappling hook. With this the Ninjas can reach high places like roofs to avoid the enemy and ambush them like they should. Climbing the rope should be slow and leave the Ninjas very vulnerable.
    Climbing spikes. Gives the Ninjas the ability to climb some walls and also are a short range very fast weapon. Only specify walls should be climbable.
    Somersault. The Ninjas needs more moves. They are highly trained kung-fu style fighters. Give them a salto-jump move, to reach higher and distant places and also to dodge and jump over enemys. To perform this move simply press jump and then the one-button-dodge. Also a jump kick move would be nice.

Thanks for reading.

• I think that they need a proper ranged weapon, maybe a fun utility more, but honestly the bo staff is rediculus in if used right, and the claws are the fast weapon in the game and very very hard to block.
    They do a lot of damage, and they aren’t easy to fight against, they just have no range what so ever, there is already a thread suggesting them getting a proper ranged weapon though.

• ninjas cant stand against brute force (ie, grouped enemies that see them coming). But they can overwhelm very easily.

Only in the matter of knights, where it takes 6-7 shots to kill them does the element of surprise push away and they will just use brute strength and longer weaponry to overpower yours.

its hard seeing a scenario where the ninja wouldn’t be OP if they buffed him. No matter what, he has the potential to be a great class.

• Do it just cause 2 style.

It would be cool. Might be buggy though. In Bf2 they made an expansions with a grappling hook that worked pretty well with pretty much no bugs. Though someone else can pick it up while you are on it as you all fall to your doom.

• They really should give ninja the Kunai usable as a dagger, which can also be thrown. If they were really dedicated the Kunai was also used as a wall spike for climbing.

• @Borge:

They really should give ninja the Kunai usable as a dagger, which can also be thrown. If they were really dedicated the Kunai was also used as a wall spike for climbing.

Use it to hang off walls.

That would be awesome.

• I promise you the ninja are never going to be able to climb walls. Not only would it be insanely annoying, but the maps also aren’t coded to support it. But my main issue is that it would drive everyone crazy. I agree the ninja need to be fixed, but this isn’t the way to do it.

• Kidding right? Where is the jk at? If many of you even bothered to spend time on a class instead of expecting to just hop in and dominate. Ninja are pretty damn good when you play with them for awhile. The common misconception I see with new Ninja players is they try to fight you straight up. That is NOT how you should be using them.

• @Khyy:

Kidding right? Where is the jk at? If many of you even bothered to spend time on a class instead of expecting to just hop in and dominate. Ninja are pretty damn good when you play with them for awhile. The common misconception I see with new Ninja players is they try to fight you straight up. That is NOT how you should be using them.

The problem is that straight up fighting is pretty much how Chivalry works, especially with no Team Objective (which they REALLY need to work on, by the way). So basically what you’ve said is that if you manage to surprise someone with the ninja, you’ll do pretty good. Well…yeah, but the same applies to any of the other classes too. And surprising isn’t all that easy to do in the first place.

• Do none of you listen to footsteps???

I do. And since ninjas don’t make any they sneak up on my all the time. A knight can’t do that.

I only have a $30 USD headset.

• I think they should remove ninja all together, the class just doesn’t fit into a game about WARRIORS. A ninja would never been seen in a war or battle, but only a hit and run skirmish.

• @Surfaced:

I think they should remove ninja all together, the class just doesn’t fit into a game about WARRIORS. A ninja would never been seen in a war or battle, but only a hit and run skirmish.

You don’t know very much about ninjas do you.

• ninja perk should be to not take fall damage, not grappling hooks.

I play LTS, i go ninja, my whole team grappling hooks to out of reach area. I wait until the timer runs out…

GG.

Also, ninja are already pretty good as it is, people that complain about them are not using them properly. I’d still say the pirate vs. ninja map is the stupidest thing ever. Any decent pirate team groups up in a wide open area surveying every angle, then ninjas come up and get totally blasted, switch to secondary and their weapons typically do more damage. It sometimes takes 3 shots to kill pirate, most of the time actually, because only 2 perfect overhead headshots kill a pirate, but they can slash you 1 or 2 times depending on how many times they’ve shot you and you’re gone. Shurikens and blinders certainly help though. I think shurikens are sick

• @clayton-bigsby:

ninja perk should be to not take fall damage, not grappling hooks.

Show me a place when ninja takes fall damage right now, except for spartan pit of course :P

• @rumpelstiltskin:

@clayton-bigsby:

Show me a place when ninja takes fall damage right now, except for spartan pit of course :P

on the pirate map, you could jump off the bridge or high spot, or to the gold spot without using the gold slide. Bamboo map off the roof. Acropolis there’s plenty of stair spots to jump down, high to low areas.

• @clayton-bigsby:

@rumpelstiltskin:

@clayton-bigsby:

on the pirate map, you could jump off the bridge or high spot, or to the gold spot without using the gold slide. Bamboo map off the roof. Acropolis there’s plenty of stair spots to jump down, high to low areas.

No, the ninja doesn’t actually take fall damage from any of those, as far as I know the pit is the only place that will do it.

• @Mockingbirch:

I promise you the ninja are never going to be able to climb walls. Not only would it be insanely annoying…

i have to disagree with that. every class in this game has a ranged weapon option, so nobody is ever truly out of reach