Decrease Knight HP / Nerfing Knight in general

• As of Beta patch #3 which increased the speed of 2h weapons, Knights are now even more OP than before in the beta. Rough example here but if you are playing Team Objective mode, the team that has the most Knights wins almost by default, every time.

Knight has 150HP. That’s +50hp compared to the other classes. Not only that, he has the most devastating weapons, most armour and he isn’t noticeably slower than the other classes thus making him, by far and without any competition, the best class in the game. I suck playing heavy classes in games but even I with my lack of 2h skills can easily rack up a 3 to 1-2 K/D ratio with the Knight class everytime I play as it. It just doesn’t seem right. The reduction of flinch time on the bigger weapons was a big mistake as it has lead to servers being full of spamming 2h Knights who just happily spam away without any risk of being killed since it only takes 1-2 strikes to kill any other unit.

For gameplay balance purposes I’m suggesting that Knight HP bonus should be reduced to +20 / +25. One good addition too would be to remove the shield option from the Knight class and add it to Vanguard. Knights have so many pro’s and little to no cons so it would make sense. Also please reconsider the decreased flinching time and the increased of 2h weapons in general. The game simply isn’t nowhere near balanced.

• One point I’d like to add is that it’s now extremely difficult to actually duel against a Knight with a ranged or MaA class since even though I’d block his attack and then try to attack him on my own turn, even though I would hit him, the knights hit will hit me right after my hit since the flinch window is way too small. A Knight can just easily spam away and take the one hit that I can barely get in between because he knows that a.) he can take my hit b.) that his swing won’t be interrupted my attack and thus he’d kill me with just one strike.

There should be some downside in being a Knight and having those one hit K.O weapons. As of now, there really isn’t (excluding ranged attacks but even they won’t kill a Knight. You need two hits from a heavy crossbow to kill a knight and even more with other weapons).

• All classes have 100hp, except in the case of the King, who has 300hp. The difference is the modifiers for incoming damage. You will find blunt weapons far more effective than sharp weapons against Knights, hence why I was constantly overwhelming you with the Cudgel on an Archer but would have been much harder with the Shortsword (but the Cudgel is VERY fast mind you). You should consider adding a blunt weapon to your loadout, even if you have a 2H sharp primary.

• @Martin:

All classes have 100hp, except in the case of the King, who has 300hp. The difference is the modifiers for incoming damage. You will find blunt weapons far more effective than sharp weapons, hence why I was constantly overwhelming you with the Cudgel on an Archer but would have been much harder with the Shortsword (but the Cudgel is VERY fast mind you).

I’m quite sure someone (Dev, moderator, higher class of people in general) mentioned it here on the forums that Knights have 150hp. :| I’m not making that up.

• I mistakenly said that knight had 150 HP during my first test of damage values. It just happened that the weapon I was testing killed the knight in 2 hits and dealt exactly 150 damage in doing so - I didn’t realize the “Damage dealt” value on the scoreboard showed overkill damage. It seemed like too much of a nice round number.

As to the actual point of knights being overpowered… I disagree wholeheartedly. I think knights are better off sticking exclusively to their secondary weapons or using the warhammer, first of all, because even after the buff their big heavy twohanded instant knockout weapons are much too slow and predictable to be as useful in most situations as a onehanded weapon that actually does the same or more damage over the same window of time because it can attack 2-3 times as fast, which also gives much needed versatility. The best way to play a knight right now is to turtle behind a tower shield. The idea that knights can trade hits with a twohander and come out on top is very inaccurate as far as I’ve seen.

• If you want to be technical,
    All classes have 100 health. The knights take 50% reduced damage.
    The king has 300 health.

• @SlyGoat:

I mistakenly said that knight had 150 HP during my first test of damage values. It just happened that the weapon I was testing killed the knight in 2 hits and dealt exactly 150 damage in doing so - I didn’t realize the “Damage dealt” value on the scoreboard showed overkill damage. It seemed like too much of a nice round number.

Ok good to know and clear any misconceptions about the subject. Even still I find that my intentions are in good will and for the greater good as Knight, as a class, seems to be one or two steps ahead of others when it comes to the balancing of combat in this game. Nerfing Knight in some way would bring it to the same level as everyone else.

• @sadnhappy:

One point I’d like to add is that it’s now……a heavy crossbow to kill a knight and even more with other weapons).

Click the *(edit) button to add to your original post, just a tip. ;)

@b3h47pte:

If you want to be technical,
    All classes have 100 health. The knights take 50% reduced damage.
    The king has 300 health.

So does the king, being a “knight”, have in theory 600 health? Or is it just 300 health without 50% reduced damage?

And also, if all classes have 100 health, what are the man-at-arms and archer increased damage percentage?

• 300 health, but it depends entirely on the weapon type vs the Knights. They take 60% reduced damage from swings, 50% reduced damage from stabs and 40% reduced damage from blunt weapons. For example, the Maul overhead does 125 base damage. If you hit the head of a Knight, it will do 1251.250.6 = 94 damage.

• @Martin:

300 health, but it depends entirely on the weapon type vs the Knights. They take 60% reduced damage from swings, 50% reduced damage from stabs and 40% reduced damage from blunt weapons. For example, the Maul overhead does 125 damage. If you hit the head, it will do 1251.250.6 = 94 damage.

Hmmm… So logically an overhead is reduced the same as a swing? (both 60% reduction?) And I could have sworn the loading screen said head hits are twice the damage (not x1.25)… :|

• In the case of the Maul, both Attack1 and Attack2 are blunt damage types, so it is a 40% reduction on both a slash and an overhead, yes.

God help us all if it was 2x, lol.

• I remember when neck hits in AoC were what, 1.75x damage? And knights only had 30% armor, so basically anyone died in one neck hit from anything bigger than a dagger.

• I am just mentioning that i really hope they fixed the nonsense of aoc heavy noobs.
    The heavy knight there had 3 basic good sides:

He is with his attacks one of the fastest

He onehits all classes under the sergeants armour class

He has 3 times more armour than ordinary dudes

so far i think that sounds like opness combining that the weapons had very VERY similar range to longswords and im prty prty sure even more than that tho they are like 30 cm or more shorter than a longsword.

if a player knew the timing of his overhead he just stomped everyone in the ground and just turned away if he should have missed (with that big thing ….)

i agree the dmg and the armour but the speed and range was totally off and it made it nearly impossible to win against somebody who trained this class. Back when i was in clan all our newbies sucked till someone told em to rightclick with hk. they ewnt on other new players like beasts and ravaged everything. i just wanted to say that balance is one of the things aoc really fucked up even tho it was an awesome game.

oh and parrying with weapon and blocking with shields gave the defender the advantage of a free hit wich i dont really understand and i hope that this is gonna be fixed

• Actually, all the classes in aoch were equally lethal and equally killable, if you knew how to face them.
    With the exception of the knight which was like 0,5 points more powerfull than the rest because he could block your counter and counter your counter.

So yea, we put a counter in your counter so you can counter while you counter kinda thing. :P :P

In few words Heavy Knights were heavily predictable, even the best of them.

P.S. This doesn’t have anything to do with Chivalry though, and this thread is for Chivalry, so let’s stop this.

• @OP

Knight is finally balanced and so you want it nerfed so MAA can slaughter it again. Thats about all I got from the first two posts as they are full of inaccuracies and bias.

MAA just has to be carefull now, as it should be. As it was in AOC.

• @SlyGoat:

I remember when neck hits in AoC were what, 1.75x damage? And knights only had 30% armor, so basically anyone died in one neck hit from anything bigger than a dagger.

Maybe because everything bigger than dagger defenitely should do 100 % damage in that area .
    Depending on different helmets blunt weapons sometimes might not be able to reach that area .
    ( Knights usually have the biggest helmets covering bigger part of the neck , don’t they ? )

Overhead slash maybe are a bit easier to land strike there at an angle , still overhead hits others hitzones aswell so maybe is reasonable overhead through the neck not to do 100 % damage .

But with exception of the overhead swing the other two type of swings should do 100 % damage , it is reasonable to have real headcuts .

Or maybe you think you can land so often 1 letal decapitating hit on undamaged opponent & it don’t takes skill , oh really ?!

Show a demo how you are doing it & if there is no recording & plying demo option in CMW I suggest devs might should add 1 . Why ? Because demos are more reliable than some video/s and demos should be used to discuss videos .