SDK + Workshop is live!

• Torn Banner has just launched our SDK with Steam Workshop.

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, the brutal first person slasher and Medieval multiplayer game has just released its SDK and integrated the Steam Workshop, allowing for custom community content. Its expansion, Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior will also launch (November 14th) with SDK and Steam Workshop integration. Right now the SDK is limited to custom maps, but support for code mods will be coming soon. We are super excited to see what the community can create and hope to see new maps breathing fresh air into the game.

Chivalry was made in Unreal Engine 3, which I’m sure plenty of you are familiar with, is relatively easy to use even if you are just getting into making games. Chivalry was born out of a mod for Half-Life 2 called Age of Chivalry, and we are very happy to be able to provide others with the ability to make their own maps and mods. This is a great way of showcasing your work, getting exposure, and making art for a functional game.

Thanks for reading and I can’t wait to see what you guys can do with the tools.

Resources:

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare on Steam

Steam Workshop

Chivalry SDK Wiki

Chivalry Official Forums

Most maps in the workshop are fully functioning. Those maps uploaded prior to October 28th, may need to be re-uploaded to ensure they have the proper fixes.

• Congratulations.

I haven’t played the game since mid-July. Just for fun (and since the workshop is apparently finally working) I downloaded all 3.5 gigs of game and played a match.
    This was after 5 minutes

There was a moment on the pub server when everyone asked themselves … who the frack is Bill Door?
    lol

See you on the new maps.

• Welcome to my world BillDoor……

So far it works, downloading my first map from server/workshop. Too bad it is only .6 megs fast… Ugh I miss having a fast download server available. Any chance that will be implemented? Steam workshop is just too damn slow.

• Autodownload works which is good.

People can actually join the servers now.

• Thank you, Kimi - or anonymous moderator. Seriously, Thank you.

• You’re welcome.

• Kimi, is importing TO maps from CMW to CDW possible?

• Yay it is working!
    Now we need some server operators to host da stuff. (eu pls)

• thanks a lot!! waited long for it, finally there will appear custom servers soon and we can play custom maps. and every map auto update vis workshop so everybody will have the same versions and map developer can improve stuff from time to time without the comunity getting trubbel with different versions.

hopefully thornbanner will add some more models and vegetation to the sdk for excemple the trees and models form dw that the mappers have a bit more choice to create different looking maps without compiling models themself or making them.

• YES!
    I’m as hyped as I get right now! :D

I’m also glad to hear that DW will support the SDK right off the bat!
    @rumpelstiltskin:

Kimi, is importing TO maps from CMW to CDW possible?

I also wonder about this. :)

• I’m having trouble figuring out these settings, even with reading the wiki guides, it still does not click…
    can we get a guide for dummies up???

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Unfortunately not at this time.

• @Kimiko:

@rumpelstiltskin:

Unfortunately not at this time.

Well that’s a shame. But I’m glad to hear your answer was “not at this time” rather than “no” ^^

• Sweet.
    Can’t wait to see what wonders our community will create :D

• Can you text/phone Remix to update the alternate server browser so we can filter on new maps. That is one easy way to funnel people to the new maps.

• We need Europe servers with all the good mods, i guarantee a huge success :)
    I tried a custom map ( Malric Manor, a team has to stay on a spot in order to burn a king, funny and great map ).
    Mods = awe-bloody-some

• I am having issues with uploading my map

1/ hitting the 100MB limit - even though the file seems smaller. it just uploads the CMWSDK file right? mine is about 60MB ish, but when the uncompressed files were over 100MB it wouldnt upload. Is this right and if so can we do anything about it?