Deadliest Warrior Beta Patch 3 & 3.5

• Pirate:
    Gunpowder causes an awful lot of smoke, user beware!
    Pistole delay fire back to 0.2 from 0.3
    Reduced pistol spread from 2200 to 1800
    Made Pirate switch to and from pistole/blunderbuss faster
    Sped up Pirate battlecry animation

Knight:
    Reduced knight weapons slash damage
    Reduced knight armour slightly

Ninja:
    Higher damage for Precise attacks on Ninja (Overheads and Stabs)
    Metsubushi now causes longer daze effect causing the affected target to blink twice

Samurai:
    Reduced slash damage of several Samurai Weapons

Spartan:
    Slightly increased Sarissa turn rate
    More pushback on spartan spear shield bashes
    Spears use less stamina on the spartan

General Combat
    Reduced the size of the parrybox slightly
    Temporarily boosted XP to 500 per kill to test unlocks
    Better indication of different color tracer hits with new particle effects

Map Changes
    Added small and medium versions of maps. (Bamboo, Isle, Valley, Fjord, Acropolis, Fortress)

Three New Game Modes!!
    Hold The Banner and Plant the Banner!
    Hold the banner Multi-team Support
    Duel Mode

Interface
    Added “toggle sprint” and “toggle 1 button dodge”
    Added credits
    Several UI Changes and improvements!
    Fixed server sorting on the brand new server browser!

Server Performance
    Significant server performance optimizations.

As this is our final build before release, we would like to thank all of our beta testers who preordered the game and helped to shape it. Your feedback has been invaluable, and we hope you enjoyed watching the game develop as you played.

{UPDATE: We released another 1gb patch (as of 8:30pm EST) that was put out to fix some bug issues, ui fixes, server optimization and some other stuff. We don’t have a list right now since it’s the end of the day, but we wanted to get this out to be tested over the weekend, so we can have another good build for you early next week. Server providers have been contacted, so it may take a bit for more servers to show up in the browser.}

• I’m happy about the balance adjustments :D

• Curious as to the EXP boost. Will we get to keep the unlocks that we obtain or will they revert back once testing/beta is over.

Nice updates, keep up the good work!

• itshappening.gif

• customization is a big part of the game, will it be fixed on release?

• I like the changes, but i think you could even bring up the smoke effects from guns even more, especially the blunderbuss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCs2RIyeUwc

• Nice changes mostly, but why did you have to nerf the Ninja roll even further?
    It was already not working properly…

• okay, the bo staff is now the best weapon in the game, nice job balancing
    the range is insane, the speed of the stab is ridiculous, and the damage is great

coupled with the smoke or poison, no chance

• awesome

• Good, I’ve noticed that most of the time Knights and Samurais would win or always be close to victory - statistically good nerfs, if that’s a thing

Precise changes would be great instead of just “reduced”

• Ninja roll to the sides with Kama is extremely short.

Bo Staff does 100% damage with slashes and overheads always (I personally like this).

Anyway, incase that’s not intended I hope the tracers for bo staff get improved. Right now the slashes and overheads have very short range and upclose the weapon does very weak damage. Extremely hard to get hits within the red range.

Also the momentum caused by attacking is still very laggy in online games. (This is mainly an issue with ninja roll + attacks, as the movement comes to temporary halt).

Still hoping this would be fixed on release.

• smoke from gun disappears straight away when you switch to secondary weapon

• Just made a quick stress test on the new server browser.

Click “Open server filter”.
    Check “Hide passworded servers”.
    Click “Apply Filter”.
    See passworded servers coming up.
    Press Alt + F4.

• Another solid step in the right direction guys. Keep up the good work!

• I’m very dissatisfied with the way the last two patches have affected the Samurai class. I used to rank top 5 in matches and now with all the “nerfing”, he’s just too slow and too weak to fight anything. Especially with the Nodachi. The worst part is the game is simply no fun to play as Samurai (my only class). Anyone can kill you with their spears/crossbows/etc long before you get to them and then when you do, you’re a lumbering mess of a warrior.

To make sure that it’s not “just me”, I started using the Knight class. I’m once again top 5. But here’s the problem, I don’t want to play knight. I’ve played the knight for years in the last game.

Multi-team with the Samurai team is almost empty now because nobody can put up with it. If I play Samurai, I have a skeleton crew of a team. It at least seems that other people feel the same way. Everyone seems to complain about them online, but they never bother to look at the scoreboard where they’re losing terribly.

So all I ask, is that you guys take a look at the Samurai class and see if you can make them fun again.

• If this has not been fixed yet i believe that Ninja Rolls should conserve momentum of the player, the roll is quite useless as after your roll you stop and then start, you should keep speed from the roll to allow for fast in & out combat scenarios considering the roll isn’t very useful at all as people slash attacking at head height can hit you on this compared to Medieval Warfare.

• @PCMau5:

If this has not been fixed yet i believe that Ninja Rolls should conserve momentum of the player, the roll is quite useless as after your roll you stop and then start, you should keep speed from the roll to allow for fast in & out combat scenarios considering the roll isn’t very useful at all as people slash attacking at head height can hit you on this compared to Medieval Warfare.

I agree but feel this is locked in with a bigger problem. That being “velcro shoes”, allow me to elaborate. Under many circumstances a character will be forced to stop moving (shield blocking an attack, after a hard kick giving and receiving, after a ninja roll etc…). The problem is that many times your character will not continue moving afterwards and is effectively stuck in place. This is a huge problem in a game where positioning and footwork are very important. This doesn’t even take into account the many places on various maps (especially stairs!) where you get stuck in place. If they fix this momentum problem then the ninja roll will be fixed as well.

This would not be a “problem” if it where consistent. However, it is anything but consistent. Sometimes you have to reapply your forward key and sometimes you do not. I am not sure of the solution one way or another. There certainly needs to be consistency of this game is to become remotely competitive.

• no cftp… bubble still there, bah.

• Great patch. Still noticing ambient music option resets itself to off everytime you turn it on and close the ESC menu and go back in game fyi.

• I was spectating a team mate in team deathmatch and turns out i’m looking at the standard udk mat instead of the textures for the arms.

Image: http://puu.sh/5coXc.jpg