Questions on the devs

• Guys, I don’t want to underestimate you, but are you completely sure you want to release the game in a week? I mean just look at it, half the menus are *TEXT FIELD and though it was funny at start, it kinda bothers me to have *SOMEONE WON on top of the stat-board all the time. Also the customization is kind of wonky, I still have any changed stuff appear as completely black. And even if you implement them, these things need testing, you know yourself, there’s always awful lot of what can go wrong. I hope there’s gonna be a mid-week patch that will let you see and let you fix stuff.

The second question: Any chance that some of the DW features will get reverse engineered into MW? I particularly like the different damage tracers, would indeed help to make all them exploity tactics (boot checking, dragging and all that that) be a bit less rewarding. Also quite like the extra regen thingy and parrying thrown projectiles.

Been playing MW just now after a week or so of DW and man that game feels slow. But the main issue I had was with the health regen, retreating to heal took forever. A group of warriors that eliminated another group of warriors in their way to a objective was more or less permanently weakened by that fight and died in next encounter with a group before completing the objective and over and over.

I know MW and DW are different games but you’ve tested something new and now you see it makes people happy so why not use it and see what it would do with MW. I mean nobody was complaining about regen or parrying projectiles yet ( well besides some bugs with them).

I trust that you know what you want and what you are doing. And I wish you all the success with the release of DW.

• Placeholders don’t take long to change.

• I really hope they finish this stuff and (most importantly) the big bugs before release. They’ll have time after to polish stuff, but the first impression of a game is very important to a lot of players, and if half the shit doesn’t work, well… good luck

• @lemonater47:

Placeholders don’t take long to change.

nice one line junk post.

• I’m kinda worried myself, understandably they can’t make everyone’s wishes come true but a lot of things speak for themselves. A week is pushing it pretty closely.

• @gregcau:

@lemonater47:

nice one line junk post.

And your contribution Was any better how exactly?

• @gregcau:

@lemonater47:

nice one line junk post.

• @lemonater47:

@gregcau:

@lemonater47:

nice one line junk post.

and urs was how?

• What the hell’s wrong with you?

• Well, his name IS Pesky. I feel he is fulfilling a role.

• @Pesky:

and urs was how?

Don’t try logic with lemon he is all about post count and filling the forum with junk replies with the misguided opinion that post crap all day long = he knows something.

• @gregcau:

@Pesky:

and urs was how?

Don’t try logic with lemon he is all about post count and filling the forum with junk replies with the misguided opinion that post crap all day long = he knows something.

Go back to your fap den.

• @Oy:

@gregcau:

@Pesky:

and urs was how?

Go back to your fap den.

Go back and fap to Lemons observant and intellectual posts

• “hey i have a question for the DEVELOPERS”

• insert lemon “i’m the official spokesperson of torn banner” reply here.

Also, in my eyes, this game is not an ‘expansion’. I really thought by a lot of the trailers that we’d be able to play on the old maps and such, maybe even intertwine the old/new classes. This game is just a separate game completely. Every other ‘expansion’ has always been add on to the original game. Why not just have the new classes on battlegrounds, or citadel, or stoneshill, or darkforest, etc. etc. etc.? Already have the maps made, just allow the new characters and weapons on there. Why take a lot of the old knight weapons out when you already have them all? This is a new game, it’s clearly NOT an expansion… or at least it’s not what I consider an expansion.

• We’ll this got out of hand quickly.

• @lemonater47:

We’ll this got out of hand quickly.

you never get out of your hand

• @lemonater47:

We’ll this got out of hand quickly.

Aye, never wanted a “flame each other” thread. Your post was actually helpful, I have no idea about game making or coding or whatever. Hopefully placeholders can be replaced and made to work without bugs…

I’d rather have this thread to express our support and concern about DW, not to flame and insult each other. Most appreciated.

• @lemonater47:

Bullshit.

Based on the experience I have made with Medieval Warfare, its bugs and the patches: Nope this game will not be finished on release.

I predict:
    A terrible UI, like it has always been. You can’t chat because a menu popped up. Fields are not working. Fields show wrong info when the winning player left the game after round. Stuff like the mouse sens slider will never work. Control settings will always be a mess.

Customization will not work as intended.

Stats tracking, ranks and weapon unlocks will most definitely not work as intended.

• @fvonb:

@lemonater47:

Bullshit.

Based on the experience I have made with Medieval Warfare, its bugs and the patches: Nope this game will not be finished on release.

I predict:
    A terrible UI, like it has always been. You can’t chat because a menu popped up. Fields are not working. Fields show wrong info when the winning player left the game after round. Stuff like the mouse sens slider will never work. Control settings will always be a mess.

Stats tracking, ranks and weapon unlocks will most definitely not work as intended.

I wasn’t talking about all that stuff now was I? I was talking about the placeholders.

• @fvonb:

@lemonater47:

Bullshit.

I predict:

Lol what a cynical dickhead.