A Vote on Dragging

• Hey guys, as you all know the “new” dragging in DW is both a loved and hated mechanic. Some people want it implemented into MW, but some want it to stay exclusive to DW.

I personally would like to test it out in the MW Beta to see how it works in standard Chiv, but I want to know what you guys think.

Just to clarify, when I say “new” dragging, I mean the different damage tracers.

• what new dragging?

• The reason why dragging is not as important in DW as in MW is because attacks are much faster. The only thing you could do in MW is to lesser the turn rate while attacking, which will be blamed as “lower the skill ceiling”, again.

• @BB:

what new dragging?

• @Flippy:

Just to clarify, when I say “new” dragging, I mean the different damage tracers.

oooooh sure that sounds awesome, they’re pretty good

• Its interesting of you to cast this vote here. The people who prefer MW over DW will most likely not encounter this poll. Maybe you should let them into the discussion rather than deciding for them what they would like.

I came across this post by pure luck, and so I can say; you guys have your shitty DW, stay on it instead of trying to corrupt MW.

• @TomSpillfat:

Its interesting of you to cast this vote here. The people who prefer MW over DW will most likely not encounter this poll. Maybe you should let them into the discussion rather than deciding for them what they would like.

I came across this post by pure luck, and so I can say; you guys have your shitty DW, stay on it instead of trying to corrupt MW.

Ummmm… I put this in the DW forum because it’s related to DW and that’s where it’s supposed to go. I’m not forcing them out of the discussion, all they have to do is click on the DW forum :P.

• Why didn’t you just call it the new damage system?

Also this is more related to MW than it is DW so this should really be in the MW section.

• Welp, guess I’ll have to let moderator to decide whether to move it or not.

• @Flippy:

Welp, guess I’ll have to let moderator to decide whether to move it or not.

Well it ain’t breaking any rules but you will get a far better indication of what people want if you stick in the MW section.

• i don’t think it would make as much sense in MW… close up spears do less damage than ones you hit at the end of release in DW, and a lot of overhead drags do more damage at the end of the swing than the middle or beginning. Unless the damage tracers got adjusted, i wouldn’t really want it to transfer to MW… they’d have to re-balance the whole game around it.

Honestly, thinking about it MW NEEDS some fucking balance back to it, and some reconsideration on the mechanics changes and a whole slew of other shit. why the fuck not!?

• @clayton-bigsby:

Unless the damage tracers got adjusted

they did

• Still. Its too big a change. There will be many people who will get very pissed off if they changed it. Its to big a change.

• @lemonater47:

Still. Its too big a change. There will be many people who will get very pissed off if they changed it. Its to big a change.

lol who’s still playing MW??

• Yeah, I’m all for the new tracers, I really like them and I think they’d fit very well into the combat of MW, but making such a drastic game change to a game that’s been out for over a year… It just seems wrong.
    If they ever decide to start developing a sequel to Chivalry (hopefully in an engine other than Unreal), then the I’d like to see the new tracers implemented right from the bat. ^^

• Where’s the option to remove it from both games? It’s complete garbage.

• @Karasu:

Where’s the option to remove it from both games? It’s complete garbage.

how so?
    accelerating is still an option, now it’s just a trade-off for damage

• @BB:

@Karasu:

Where’s the option to remove it from both games? It’s complete garbage.

how so?
    accelerating is still an option, now it’s just a trade-off for damage

Drags didn’t need to be nerfed. They weren’t overpowered. Now there’s little point in bothering with drags when you can just feint and get maximum damage.

• @Karasu:

Drags didn’t need to be nerfed.

it makes for more interesting gameplay
    also you look cooler

accelerating is pretty much the only way to play MW, which is fine, but it’s gotten a bit boring

• @BB:

@Karasu:

Drags didn’t need to be nerfed.

it makes for more interesting gameplay
    also you look cooler

accelerating is pretty much the only way to play MW, which is fine, but it’s gotten a bit boring

You support nerfing drags to make things interesting? ffs

And no, feints are powerful in MW too and drags are quite effective. Accelerations are fine but not the only way to play. I have no idea where you’re getting this.