Blocking And Parry Hitboxes Still Too Big

• Or is looking down supposed to block overheads and stabs?
    If it is these pictures are okay then

Don’t mind them

Just looking down as far as I can

And still blocking

Let’s throw in a 180 lookdown overhead block for good measure

It was actually possible to be good at blocking when the beta started.
    You could say things like “wow damn that was some nice blocking”.
    Not anymore though
    Literally impossible to miss a block

• I think parry is pretty much fine now, but blocking is just nuts. It takes some severe incompetence and / or lag with the shield to fail at blocking. I’ve seen spartans sit in a corner with 3 people whacking away at them, including kicking, for far too long.
    I think it’ll help if kicking stunned someone who has a shield up for a longer period of time, in addition to making the hitboxes for shields much smaller and manageable. Unless you’re using an incredibly fast weapon, you cannot hit someone after kicking their block out.

• @Miriandandes:

I think parry is pretty much fine now, but blocking is just nuts.

blocks and parries both use the same hitbox

you do see the Ninja parrying an overhead coming from behind him right?

• @BB:

@Miriandandes:

I think parry is pretty much fine now, but blocking is just nuts.

blocks and parries both use the same hitbox

you do see the Ninja parrying an overhead coming from behind him right?

Yeah, but it’s more reasonable for parry as you have a very short timeframe instead of a constant wall infront of you.

• @Miriandandes:

Yeah, but it’s more reasonable for parry as you have a very short timeframe instead of a constant wall infront of you.

… no I don’t like it
    I’d rather they all be smaller and the same size

• Torn Banner you better fix this ASAP.

• dont think they will lol

• @CRUSHED:

dont think they will lol

they’ll have to get used to seeing this thread then

• @BB:

@CRUSHED:

dont think they will lol

Nah your threads only last when I disagree with you.

And I don’t disagree with you here.

• @lemonater47:

@BB:

@CRUSHED:

dont think they will lol

Now kiss.

• OFC they will fix this…. Right?

• I found that the aimed blocks where a nice thing of chivalry, they where a good trade with shields, shields obstruct vision made for a nice trade and aiming your parries was even better now that fast attacks did less damage. But no they just had to kill block and parry aiming.

• Gotta say… I really miss that old parry box that was far more precise. I’m seeing people left and right making effortless parries, I swing wide and to their side, they parry looking straight forward.

• parry boxes have improved by the latest patch compared to before, they are still not perfect indeed and this becomes very much obviously before all e.g. when stabbing at the right side of a shield thats been put up by the enemy but instead you’re still getting the hit.
    this issue also becomes very apparent when you see those rare but existing ballsless glitcher kind of guys that exploit the accelerating of attacks to the fullest, keep looking straight downwards, abuse some sort of broken parry box and at the same time likely play from third person view.

still, now i can sometimes hit right in the enemes side when they have their shield up compared to the 180° surround block that was in before. meaning it has to already improved but work needs to be done.
    though i think some of you guys are little overexaggerating.

• no they have not improved, can still parry from behind, seems if you connect a parry in front of you you automatically have a circle of protection all around you. Parries are a joke.

• @filthypeasant:

still, now i can sometimes hit right in the enemes side when they have their shield up compared to the 180° surround block that was in before. meaning it has to already improved but work needs to be done.

What….

• @KONGEN:

@filthypeasant:

What….

Well all of you do it.

• @filthypeasant:

you can’t exaggerate photo evidence

@lemonater47:

pft I have the necessary amount of shame to bump this myself

• yeah honestly the spartan shield/parry box are some major issues, blocking/parrying needs to be more skill based rather than click to enter the shell of the world-tortoise based. this is based on what gameplay i’ve invested, what with the crashes constantly and all.

• @magilla:

yeah honestly the spartan shield/parry box are some major issues, blocking/parrying needs to be more skill based rather than click to enter the shell of the world-tortoise based. this is based on what gameplay i’ve invested, what with the crashes constantly and all.

just overhead and stab them while they open their shields to attack…