Request For Artists/Modders

• Hi everyone, I’ve been getting a lot of positive feedback on my Team Objective map but I’m also hearing that it needs a lot more work on the artistic side. In many ways I agree as I always planned to do that last after all the coding was finished.

So I’m asking for assistance from any artists/modellers/modders who want to help make my TO map look better. Let me know if you’re interested.

• What would you mainly need help on? ;)

• hey brah, I can model some assets for you, and add uv maps, collision. However, I cannot texture manually, as in, with phtoto shop. So depending on what you need, I can help out.

if you dont know what I mean, look at my map, those models will show what I mean.

skype- ssjgeacheto

steam-geachy

I’d love to help, as I want quality maps to make this community grow.

• @Pebble:

What would you mainly need help on? ;)

Well any help would be great as then I could be more ambitious with the final stage. Even just helping me fill out the castle with details and buildings to make it looked lived in would help heaps.

However what I really need help with is custom assets, particularly static meshes; I’d love some new towers for the walls and the inside of the keep that will hopefully be the 4th stage. Also help with fixing UVs and collision that are missing or broken in the native Chivalry assets.

@SunBrethren:

hey brah, I can model some assets for you, and add uv maps, collision. However, I cannot texture manually, as in, with phtoto shop. So depending on what you need, I can help out.

if you dont know what I mean, look at my map, those models will show what I mean.

skype- ssjgeacheto

steam-geachy

I’d love to help, as I want quality maps to make this community grow.

Great!

That’s exactly the stuff I need :D . Maybe I’ll set up a steam group or google hangout where we can discuss everything.

I’ll upload the map to google docs so we can all work on it with some version control as well.

• @Dr:

Well any help would be great as then I could be more ambitious with the final stage. Even just helping me fill out the castle with details and buildings to make it looked lived in would help heaps.

However what I really need help with is custom assets, particularly static meshes; I’d love some new towers for the walls and the inside of the keep that will hopefully be the 4th stage. Also help with fixing UVs and collision that are missing or broken in the native Chivalry assets.

Great!

That’s exactly the stuff I need :D . Maybe I’ll set up a steam group or google hangout where we can discuss everything.

I’ll upload the map to google docs so we can all work on it with some version control as well.

OK let me when you figure out version control, as I have no idea how that would work.

In the mean time, if you need anything modelled, send me a link to some concept art and Ill see what I can do.

• @SunBrethren:

@Dr:

Great!

OK let me when you figure out version control, as I have no idea how that would work.

In the mean time, if you need anything modelled, send me a link to some concept art and Ill see what I can do.

Well the first two things that would be awesome are a tower to replace the current ones on the wall. The ones I have in place are ok but I wanted one like this where you could climb up to the top and from there shoot a ballista or catapult. Something like this?

Or a square one if that’s easier.

The second thing is a rocky tunnel, for some reason the current one loses its material when cooked :?

• Here brah. I cant remember how to launch custom maps, and didn’t have the time to figure it out. Therefore, I didn’t know the scale to use for the tower, or how many floors, windows, etc. Anyway those are really easy to do, so I can do them when I know how .

Just did, the tower, floor, windows, and window frames. Like I said, windows, floors, can be added in literally 10 mins, so don’t fret.

Looks a little plain, but I only worked a few hours before work. Off the top of my head, it needs a wall trim, a floor edge trim, and a wall column or something to break up the texture seams. Also it is using materials from my map, but that doesn’t matter right now.

As for your version control. I think it will be best if I create your models and upload them for you, and then you put them together in UDK. I am gonna make them modular for you, so you can say, use a door wall model, then put a floor and stairs down, then a windows wall, then repeat until done, and then put the door and windows trims in.

However, we can figure that out once all the models are to your liking.

I’m off to work. Later.

• Maybe make a post on polycount. It is a forum for 3d artists:

http://www.polycount.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44

• @SunBrethren:

Here brah. I cant remember how to launch custom maps, and didn’t have the time to figure it out. Therefore, I didn’t know the scale to use for the tower, or how many floors, windows, etc. Anyway those are really easy to do, so I can do them when I know how .

Just did, the tower, floor, windows, and window frames. Like I said, windows, floors, can be added in literally 10 mins, so don’t fret.

Looks a little plain, but I only worked a few hours before work. Off the top of my head, it needs a wall trim, a floor edge trim, and a wall column or something to break up the texture seams. Also it is using materials from my map, but that doesn’t matter right now.

As for your version control. I think it will be best if I create your models and upload them for you, and then you put them together in UDK. I am gonna make them modular for you, so you can say, use a door wall model, then put a floor and stairs down, then a windows wall, then repeat until done, and then put the door and windows trims in.

However, we can figure that out once all the models are to your liking.

I’m off to work. Later.

Wow, that’s awesome :D . I can adjust scale once it’s imported into UDK so I’ll do that and then let you know any adjustments that need to be made. I will want another door about a third of the way up that leads onto the walls, more windows and arrowslits and a staircase that leads to the top.

@Lucas:

Maybe make a post on polycount. It is a forum for 3d artists:

http://www.polycount.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44

Thanks Lucas, I might just do that.

• Hey Zob, spent today remaking the tower into modular pieces. Took 8 hours or so, a days work haha. Anyway there’s 3 main pieces, base, middle, and connector. There is also window and door trims. Additionally, there are base(inside and out) trims, as well as a connecting trim to hide seams. The 3 main pieces have collision as well :) oh stairs and a floor are included, with collision

Quickly threw together some towers and found materials that worked, kinda.

[youtubehd:28c13nma]DQN5BEgkTN0[/youtubehd:28c13nma]

Actually had a lot of fun doing these, and finally learned how to do a spiral stair case (or half of one) with working collision :)

I’ll adjust the models, bevel them, add supports to stairs, and do my best with the UV’s, and then I’ll package them up for you, okay?

Thanks for your offer with helping me code my map. I’ll definitely need help, if its not too much trouble, but when the environment is done.

• 8 hours? Thanks heaps for some much work! It’s looking great and the fact they are modular is fantastic. I can use them to help make the final keep which I think will be 4 large towers connected together. I will put ballistas in the windows and catapults on top.

• @Dr:

8 hours? Thanks heaps for some much work! It’s looking great and the fact they are modular is fantastic. I can use them to help make the final keep which I think will be 4 large towers connected together. I will put ballistas in the windows and catapults on top.

Well the models only took and hour or two, but then its in and out of blender, over and over, reimporting, tweaking things. Every day, I learn how to speed things up haha, so thats good.

I’ll make another modular building tomorrow, and make a couple materials for you to play with, so you wont have to mess with stuff too much.

However, if you plan on fitting ballistas inside, that could be a problem. Cause if you scale the segments, the windows will just get that much bigger, and turn into doors lmao. Tell ya what, I’ll try doing it myself and adjust the models accordingly so that everything fits nice.

• @SunBrethren:

@Dr:

8 hours? Thanks heaps for some much work! It’s looking great and the fact they are modular is fantastic. I can use them to help make the final keep which I think will be 4 large towers connected together. I will put ballistas in the windows and catapults on top.

Well the models only took and hour or two, but then its in and out of blender, over and over, reimporting, tweaking things. Every day, I learn how to speed things up haha, so thats good.

I’ll make another modular building tomorrow, and make a couple materials for you to play with, so you wont have to mess with stuff too much.

However, if you plan on fitting ballistas inside, that could be a problem. Cause if you scale the segments, the windows will just get that much bigger, and turn into doors lmao. Tell ya what, I’ll try doing it myself and adjust the models accordingly so that everything fits nice.

Cool, don’t stress too much about the ballista thing. I can put them on the top and leave the windows for archers.

Yeah I hear you about Blender to UDK back to Blender back to UDK :( :? That’s what put me off making my own assets.

• Here we are, as promised, or half a promise. It still needs collision and a material or two.

I think it looks half decent, even after me dun goofing multiple times making it haha.

• Awesome! I’ll have to set up some way to share files. I’ll PM you the details when I work it out.